Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Cat dials 911
    #5133579 -

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police aren't sure how else to explain it. But when an officer walked into an apartment Thursday night to answer a 911 call, an orange-and-tan striped cat was lying by a telephone on the living room floor. The cat's owner, Gary Rosheisen, was on the ground near his bed having fallen out of his wheelchair.

Rosheisen said his cat, Tommy, must have hit the right buttons to call 911.

"I know it sounds kind of weird," Officer Patrick Daugherty said, unsuccessfully searching for some other explanation.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Rosheisen said he couldn't get up because of pain from osteoporosis and ministrokes that disrupt his balance. He also wasn't wearing his medical-alert necklace and couldn't reach a cord above his pillow that alerts paramedics that he needs help.

Daugherty said police received a 911 call from Rosheisen's apartment, but there was no one on the phone. Police called back to make sure everything was OK, and when no one answered, they decided to check things out.

That's when Daugherty found Tommy next to the phone.

Rosheisen got the cat three years ago to help lower his blood pressure. He tried to train him to call 911, unsure if the training ever stuck.

The phone in the living room is always on the floor, and there are 12 small buttons ? including a speed dial for 911 right above the button for the speaker phone.

"He's my hero," Rosheisen said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10663270/from/RS.4/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5133677 -

Only in Ohio...


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5133678 -

I don't believe for a second.  Please!

Next horribly contrived, "heart warming" piece of shit newsstory...



McKennaDMT :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5133725 -

I don't know man, that story is entirely feasible. I don't see why you shouldn't believe it. Cats are smart animals, besides he only had to press 1 button since 911 was on speed dial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5133727 -

Since when can you train a cat to dial 911 in an emergency.

:wtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Blek]
    #5133747 -

Probably since you could train a dog to lead a blind person.

Animals are a lot smarter than you give them credit for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5133759 -

I bet this article is going to cause a rise in people training their cats to do household tasks, like cleaning. Oh man...that would be so cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Xelios]
    #5133767 -

Shit if I could get my dog to do my laundry I'd be set. I just don't see that happening due to the lack of opposable thumbs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5133799 -

My cat can't dial 911, but I trained him to give CP on command. :eek:

Check it out...


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5133822 -

VoidOfsPg said:
Probably since you could train a dog to lead a blind person.



they teach dogs to do laundry now, they're teaching miniture horses to be guide
animals, they're even kept indoors and can be paper trained

given that I post in OTD, you may not want to click this  :evil:
http://horseballs.com/user/video-balls-qt.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5133830 -

Interestingly, this exact same thing happened some time ago in Florida. The owner was absent, and the cat was choking on it's own collar, and the rest is history.

Google: Cat dials 911



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5133861 -

keep them away from the TV, I can see them calling the law because you blew pot
smoke in their face... dare comercials tend to be their favorite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5134296 -

I heard that on the news, I dunno, I think it could be true.

I had a cat that could use the remote for the tv...so I guess it could use the phone if it had to....


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5134306 -

My cat only calls sex lines :frown:


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: ivi]
    #5134335 -

I belive cats are smarter than humans, they just choose to not answer us. Maybe that cat decided to be nice.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5134373 -

My cat goes up to the sink all of the time and turns the handle on to drink from the tap.. I dunno how he got to doing that. I've heard stories of cats using the toilet and flushing it lol... That would feel weird, sharing a toilet with a cat. :confused:


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5134390 -

VoidOfsPg said:
Shit if I could get my dog to do my laundry I'd be set. I just don't see that happening due to the lack of opposable thumbs.




<<<---- Cat with thumbs

:penguinmonkey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: dr0mni]
    #5134394 -

their called hemingway cats... my sis has one. It's thumbs are really trippy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5134486 -

My cat calls 976 sex lines. :shake:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cat dials 911 [Re: Diploid]
    #5134502 -

I laughed my ass off at that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cat on LSD.......Watch it (Video)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
crakkattak 8,387 74 11/15/06 07:57 AM
by RoosterCogburn
* Some Pictures of Fuzzy Things - Lots of Big Pictures. Don't open on dial up. Liz 1,452 18 06/05/07 12:08 PM
by Kinematics
* Pictures of the Foster Kitties :) *Lots of pics - do not open with dial up!* Liz 1,926 13 06/16/07 02:51 PM
by Liz
* CNNs first time to cover 911s Important questions in years! Slooch 1,584 16 03/25/06 07:49 PM
by Slooch
* farenheit 911, premiere on UK free TV tonight
( 1 2 all )
shirley knott 3,084 36 01/28/05 10:05 PM
by Phred
* Cop gets really stoned on weed he confiscated and calls 911 - FULL VERSION JunkFood 1,779 11 07/20/07 01:44 PM
by Richii
* Amazing 9/11 footage: "911 Eyewitness" most watch if skeptic.
( 1 2 3 all )
Rahie 6,782 40 01/21/09 10:31 PM
by truekimbo2
* Yet another cute animals picture thread....don't open on dial up!! Liz 1,193 11 07/05/07 07:46 PM
by Liz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,970 topic views. 3 members, 28 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.