Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This one's for you snake owners...
    #5106287 -

My girlfriend and I decided we want to buy a ball python. She had one as a kid and I've always loved the idea of having a snake, so we're going for it. I had a few questions I was hoping some of you knew the answers to.

Roughly how much is the housing for a Ball Python or similar snake?

How much do snakes typically go for (babies or infants)?

Can you smoke (cigs or weed) in the room your snake is in?

I'm in the burbs of philly if that helps. I've also tried doing some research online but it seems I'd have to go store to store to find out exactly what each one carries, since each individual Petco (or w/e) doesn't have their own site. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This one's for you snake owners... [Re: Newbie]
    #5106381 -

I've had a ball python for a few years.

Housing costs really depend on what you're looking for.  You could go all out and buy something that will be suitable for a full grown python.  Or you can get something smaller, that will last at least a couple years.  I'd recommend any kind of garage sales, don't buy something over priced from petco.  Lots of people sell old aquariums that will do just fine.  Expect to spend between 10-200 bucks on housing.  Once again, garage sales are your friend.

Baby pythons generally go for around 50 bucks.  Ask if it was caught in the wild or captive bred.  You don't want a wild caught snake.  They burn fields in africa to get these snakes to come out of their burrows.  These snakes are also generally more prone to problems.  You also want to make sure that the python has already eaten at some point.  They can be finnicky eaters, and some will just refuse to eat period.

You should be able to smoke in the same room.  I smoke weed all the time with my snake, just don't blow the smoke in its face or anything  :smirk:

Good luck


--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This one's for you snake owners... [Re: Newbie]
    #5106392 -

A decent terrarium that will allow your snake to grow up in and not have to buy a new one in a year is going to cost you about 100-130 dollars. You can get smaller ones to begin with that are cheaper, but he/she is going to need a bigger one eventually anyways.

I'm not sure on the prices, i would guess 50-100. I didn't actually pay for my snake and have not paid attention to the prices. So this is def. just a guess.

I smoke weed constantly around my snake, shes even in my grow room. I don't smoke cigarettes in the house, but i imagine you can. Just keep in mind that they are affected by second hand smoke as well.


--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

  Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snakes
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lovefeast 4,590 70 08/04/10 04:44 PM
by Adamist
* Looking for a snake.
( 1 2 all )
pkplayer524 1,930 33 07/27/09 09:57 PM
by Gumby
* Ball Python? smac1009 1,040 9 09/15/09 08:33 AM
by Fort Mushroom
* I am thinking of buying a Ball Python or a Corn snake
( 1 2 3 all )
quarkyquasar 6,796 46 10/25/04 06:40 PM
by Kinderfeld
* Python Eats Family Dog Mickalopagus 1,093 6 02/28/08 07:09 PM
by TryptoFan
* Do Snakes Have Families?
( 1 2 all )
FeedingMyDreams 3,039 31 02/25/12 01:44 AM
by Nifflerz
* python swallows alligator
( 1 2 all )
DigitalTerror 1,403 21 07/21/09 11:50 PM
by PDU
* snake sexing question L-Shroom-D 768 15 07/30/10 12:52 AM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,218 topic views. 3 members, 11 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.