Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
martha yeild question
    #5000989 -

anyone use these to grow edibles? any ideas on how much oyster bag you could fill in a 4 tier?

how bout how many shitake blocks?

anyone doing this?


--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: mattymonkey]
    #5001522 -

when i'll have enough money i'll buy this wonderfull staff from castorama. it's a chamber as the martha stewart but of course extremely cheap and in different sizes..and with the shelves!

for view the chamber that i'm talking about:

http://produzione.castorama.ebs.dada.net/files/168_serre_2647.pdf



you can buy it at Castorama..this group is available in Italy, UK, Poland, France and Turkey! :tongue2:

mush: just..try!!! it depends from the size of the bags, kind of substrate etc!!! The important is the gas exchange..of course you MUST place in a heated room because i don't believe it's possibile heat that kind of chamber..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: FreeSporePrints]
    #5001775 -

I grew Namekos in one, without an air exchange system, and it worked fairly well. I never weighed the harvest. I could fit four large wood blocks on each shelf. I had a total of eight blocks and my girlfriend and I couldnt consume the entire harvest. I also grew Hericium in the same shelf, but they came out airy. Oysters would grow great, if you can provide the air exchange.

I have bought a new greenhouse, that is made by the same manufacturer. It is essentially six such four shelf greenhouses combined with a arched roof. I haven't set it up yet, I have to wait until winter semester break. It measures six feet wide by eight feet long, IIRC.

I used a single disk fogger for humidity. Drainage can be a problem, if you arent using it in a basement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: YidakiMan]
    #5003265 -

can you throw up a link to the greenhouse?


--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: mattymonkey]
    #5003418 -

I tried pink oysters in my mini-greenhouse.  I think the air exchange was insufficient for them as they didn't turn out well.  The second flush I left the front flap open more for air circulation, but the mushrooms started drying out soon after forming from the lower humidity.  I will succeed next time :smile:





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: pshawny]
    #5003484 -

cool pshawny.. what were you using for air exchange? coolmist?

ahh i see the coolmist there in the background.. neat setup, looks like you made the greenhouse, howd you seal it up?


--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Edited by mattymonkey (12/01/05 05:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: mattymonkey]
    #5004288 -

I have the typical coolmist & ultrasonic combo.



The greenhouse started with a 4 tier shelf I had and a roll of clear 4 mil plastic. Lots of clear packing tape and about an hour later I had a greenhouse.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: mattymonkey]
    #5009897 -

yeah, I've tried to grow oysters in a few dif types of growing environments, but that seems to be the problem I always see. Even with a coolmist running etc...it still doesn't seem to be enough air exchange. Fruits always start to dry out or there is too much c02.

terrariums/martha/greenhouses are good to keep them in until you get pins....once the pins show up....i just move them into a warm room with plenty of fresh air, otherwise the fruits get damaged.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: srgtm1a]
    #5010081 -

With my new large walk-in greenhouse, I'll be using a a ventilation system that will distribute fresh air through out the greenhouse. I'll put up pictures when the thing is built. Unfortunately, I bought it at a big-box store and its now out of season, so no links. The greenhouse was made by the same company that makes the green tubing greenhouses sold at Big Lots.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: srgtm1a]
    #5010089 -

hmm.. hmm.. and hmmmm!! well brainstorming... it looks like building my own little greenhouse seems like the best bet.. and perhaps tweaking the whole martha idea.. i have an extra fan/hepa lying around.. i wonder if i could make some sort of box to fit those, then pipe the air coming out of it into the greenhouses.. would be some construction.. wish i had a small HEPA heh :wink:

it seems it can work, but we need to figure out this air exchange thing.. thanks for the info guys


--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha yeild question [Re: mattymonkey]
    #5014187 -

I was gonna buy another greenhouse, but that post by micololo looks better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by Moe Howard vampirism 1,669 10 09/17/02 12:00 PM
by shaggymane
* QUESTION ABOUT EDIBLE SHROOMS, help! Only1AK 1,493 6 07/23/03 10:40 AM
by Raadt
* Quite possibly, very stupid questions rb2002 1,088 1 04/17/03 03:03 PM
by Raadt
* Juicer pulp/waste/remains as substrate question stilltrying 1,433 3 03/02/18 08:26 AM
by cimiwa
* Pearl Oyster Question ( +Pic) *Updated*
( 1 2 all )
spores 11,614 24 10/21/02 05:25 AM
by DERRAYLD
* stupid newbie question: indoor/outdoor? shirley knott 2,737 8 07/17/03 05:50 PM
by shaggymane
* shiitake air exchange stan 1,825 5 06/24/02 02:30 PM
by OnyxSkyDV
* A question that needz an answer... please? :) kykeon 2,259 14 12/13/02 04:48 PM
by viscid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
2,225 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.