Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Quite possibly, very stupid questions
    #1467456 -

Ok, I recently bought 2 of those "perfect" terrariums I so fondly spoke about.
They are intended to germinate seedlings but I figured they would be fine for fruiting mushrooms. Now I realize that they top (dome) doesn't fit snugly on the bottom (tray). Do fruiting chambers need to be air-tight, or is a little bit of air flow a good thing?

Another question I have is about humidification and air exchange.
I spoke with a hydroponics store employee and told him that I needed a fan. They didn't have anything to suit my small scale production, however, he recommended a symbiotic relationship with beans (due to their high nitrogen fixation) and mushrooms.

Now, I am wandering If I enclosed the two together (the beans consume CO2 and produce O2 and vice versa for the mushrooms), would it work on such a small scale? Better yet, if I put the beans (growing in perlite with fertilizer) and an aquarium air pump in one terrarium (exposed to sunlight) and had the pump pushing the humid, oxygenated air to the fruiting terrarium in the dark and then a passive tube leading back to the bean terrarium, would this be a good "closed" environment?

Or is this just a really stupid idea? Am I over-complicating things?

All I know is right now I have two terrariums that are not air-tight, and a bunch of beans growing in an aquarium with perlite and fertilizer... And I have no idea what I'm doing...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quite possibly, very stupid questions [Re: rb2002]
    #1467698 -

you definantly do not need an air tight fruiting chamber. Mine is not, you want air exchange more so than air tightness.


--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* stupid question time Dobie 1,221 3 10/16/02 03:23 AM
by Dobie
* Pearl Oyster Question ( +Pic) *Updated*
( 1 2 all )
spores 11,623 24 10/21/02 05:25 AM
by DERRAYLD
* Post deleted by Moe Howard vampirism 1,670 10 09/17/02 12:00 PM
by shaggymane
* Agaricus question from someone who cant afford reading ;) kykeon 2,701 15 08/22/02 04:10 AM
by kykeon
* shiitake air exchange stan 1,825 5 06/24/02 02:30 PM
by OnyxSkyDV
* Willow waste question?(Salix) G a n j a 2,360 12 12/11/02 07:20 PM
by G a n j a
* Portabella Questions BigBlackNinja 3,225 11 08/04/04 01:53 AM
by NextKind
* Question about directly growin to wood kykeon 1,657 8 01/23/03 12:14 AM
by zeronio

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
1,092 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.