Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Spore Selection for newbies!
    #500028 -

Another Newbie question for you, but I think it's a good one. I have been experimenting around with some things in setting up my jars on my first few batches. Now what I am mainly conserened about is the selection of spore types that I have used on all of my experimantal attempts. The given in this is that for every inoculation I have done, the same type of spores have been used, being fanaticus's "PF" a.k.a. "PF Classic" In looking at a lot of the pictures that I have seen in the gallery, and they dont look like what I have been using from fanaticus. Whereas they look more like the the fanaticus "Hawaiian" and or "mazatec" strands.
Any idea on this, or what is a good type of P.C. that is good to start with using the caking method? I would like to stick with Hawks eye or Fanaticus, unless recommended otherwise.

Thanx in advance?

Also: what is a good way to store my spores while I'm not using them, and for how long under those conditions will they stay good for?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spore Selection for newbies! [Re: Under_net]
    #500040 -

Stick them in the fridge... they're good for at least a year.
I heard of 7 years from one guy just in his dresser


--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best spore for newbie other than PF Classic??? skoal 2,631 12 05/24/01 07:42 AM
by Hippie3
* spore selection... Viveka 1,011 8 03/02/03 12:32 AM
by Anonymous
* Combination Mycelium & Spore Syinge? Jammer 1,011 2 10/04/01 11:22 PM
by hubertd8
* Re: Free spore prints in honor of the Shroomery.
( 1 2 all )
Mitchnast 2,657 20 04/13/01 09:14 PM
by Anonymous
* Newbies Dumb Questions. OLD_NEWBIE 1,874 3 01/19/02 01:12 AM
by Mklangelo
* wasted spores Blu Spore 3,342 3 02/22/19 10:59 AM
by LosTresOjos
* Re: Spore Price Comparison spores 5,480 16 07/27/00 12:46 PM
by Mycelium5150
* Attention Newbies-Use Foil to make a sporeprint!
( 1 2 3 all )
Catzeye 26,947 46 02/23/02 12:20 PM
by bluhoney

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
891 topic views. 20 members, 90 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.