Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetoolshroomer
smokin' all daylong..

Registered: 11/05/01
Posts: 283
Last seen: 11 years, 7 months
Incubation Heat Question
    #498558 - 12/22/01 01:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hi fellow shroomerites! I just put a fishtank heater in a jar of water in my incubation chainber... I turned the heat to max and left it there overnight, the next morning when i check it, i see that the tempeture stayed pretty good but i have tons of condensation on the incubator... isn't this bad for jars ? should i find another method to heat them ? is there some way to stop the condensation ?

thanks in advance!


--------------------
and Viola! Mushrooms!


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Registered: 09/01/01
Posts: 1,126
Last seen: 16 years, 6 months
Re: Incubation Heat Question [Re: toolshroomer]
    #498608 - 12/22/01 03:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

nope. the only thing that will do is keep your jars from drying out if they stay in there too long. unless your jars holes are exposed andwater can drip in there. if youve got foil on the lids your'e ok.


--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinetoolshroomer
smokin' all daylong..

Registered: 11/05/01
Posts: 283
Last seen: 11 years, 7 months
Re: Incubation Heat Question *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #498610 - 12/22/01 03:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by toolshroomer

Reason for deletion: not interested in this kind of stuff any longer



--------------------
and Viola! Mushrooms!


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Registered: 09/01/01
Posts: 1,126
Last seen: 16 years, 6 months
Re: Incubation Heat Question [Re: toolshroomer]
    #498640 - 12/22/01 04:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

not really. its not like theres a constant draft moving thru the holes anyway. plus all your CO2 is collecting at the bottom of your jar anyway. cover w/ foil -> wait till 70% colonized -> flip jars over so heavier CO2 buildup seeps out the bottom. the remaining 30% should colonize pretty fast after you flip them. just dont flip until its mostly a solid mycellium mass or the substrate may break in half.


--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Incubator Setup Question OKKuato 1,005 7 12/11/02 06:49 PM
by Anonymous
* Re: Heating question... smachine 829 6 04/25/01 01:36 AM
by smachine
* heating question djgiant 1,475 12 01/03/03 08:28 AM
by pleezr
* Help/ Heating Question ihavetofindit 817 3 09/30/02 04:27 AM
by blackout
* heating question Xplosion84 451 2 12/20/02 05:05 PM
by Xplosion84
* Heating Question JameZTheNewbie 598 4 05/24/02 08:02 AM
by Roadkill
* Incubation Chamber question CrzyMoFuCkEr420 1,016 3 10/06/02 09:50 PM
by Skikid16
* incubation/terrarium questions Chibboleth 856 3 10/20/02 07:17 AM
by On_the_Down-Low

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, FooMan, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, stonesun, wildernessjunkie, cronicr, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
1,080 topic views. 13 members, 58 guests and 45 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.