Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust )
    #4831366 - 10/20/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well the joke was on me today, I went out searching for a new fly agaric patch , spent a good four hours in forest, and found nothing , decided to take a different route back to my car , along a paved road instead of trail ( I was tired ) just as I finished mentaly telling myself " Oh well, atleast I got some excercise even if I dident find any mushrooms ) not fifteen steps later, I take a look to my left , and 2' off the edge of the pavement , growing in the gravel put down when road was paved, were three absolutely gigantic amanita muscaria var. Formosa , more than a little dumbfounded , I looked around to see if there was a scotch pine anywhere near by ( what I have been finding fly agaric under for years ) there were none, just a bunch of cedar , but about 20' away, was a three meter tall twig of a river birch ... I had a very good laugh at this , they just wanted a ride in the mesh bag :smile: well typicaly I am quite paranoid about things , well not typicaly , my brain dont work as well at computing logic as it once did , in anycase, I am not going to worry that these three ( absolutely huge mind you ) fly agaric were growing less then a meter from pavement, the road is not heavily traveled, it is a dead end road that goes out to a enterance to forestry land. I dont plan on making a habit of this, but It was just too much of a coincedence :smile: , so I pick these, and really could not stop laughing like a total idiot , walked about half a mile down the road, still laughing , and realized, I lost my car keychain (that had my new picking knife on it, as well as my car keys and house key... so I stop laughing , start freaking out , and just start runing down the road to where I thought they would be ... about a inch from the nub of a stem left from one of the fly agaric , the joke's on me :laugh: anyways, just a funny little story for you all :smile: and considering I dont plan on searching the edges of pavement for these anymore, and I do know fungi in general absorb toxins, how harmful would these three be ? Cant be much worse then many things I have encountered, just curious ? -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust ) [Re: Tranceharper]
    #4831797 - 10/20/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I would say that they are fine. You probably ingest 100x the toxins from car exhaust and such by just walking around in a city. It was a dead end road in the forest too.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust ) [Re: Blek]
    #4833956 - 10/21/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This makes me laugh because of the nature of these goddamn Mushrooms. They play games with you, they will have you walking around for hours in uncharted forest unseen by man for years in vain, only to show themselves later on in abundance, say, at the park in a coastal town, underneath every pine tree.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust ) [Re: Herbus]
    #4834567 - 10/21/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You do know that Amanita muscaria is legal to posses right?
You make it sound like you were afraid to be seen...

Good story, though, those muscaria will indeed play tricks with your head (pun intended).

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Re: Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust ) [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4835951 - 10/21/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I am quite aware they are legal . If I saw them growing in a city park , beside a city hall, or anywhere really, I would not worry about it , I just have always had a habit of going out of my way in forests for no real reason , excercise, sense of desolation, or so no one can hear me when I start talking to myself :smile: -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust ) [Re: Tranceharper]
    #4836073 - 10/21/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

scotch pine are the skankyest trees ever. try under spruce. the mixed forest and pines are ok for optimal conditions with muscaria, but the spruce fruit them mid summer where im at....

--------------------

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Re: Fly Agaric Hitchhikers ( Mesh bag or bust ) [Re: S8N]
    #4836216 - 10/21/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

To be honest, I have never seen them under spruce here. But yes I do know they like spruce . We had a late season it seems ( last year they were up in abundance the first week of september ) same patch did not produce untill a few weeks ago, at this rate it may be a stretch to collect what I would like for the year, but I guess thats how things go. Where are they fruiting in mid summer ? -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom