Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline420_247
Stranger
Fruiting Box/Humidifier Questions
    #482497 - 12/06/01 11:47 PM (15 years, 19 hours ago)

Hi all...I'm new to this board and am currently tending to my first crop of fungus. I've got 8 1/2 pint cakes in a 77qt plastic storage tub connected to an adjustable Ultrasonic Humidifier by a 4" wide piece of aluminum duct. Now my question is, what setting on the humidifier would be ideal for my chamber. There are two adjustable sliders/knobs on it. One for mist & the other for humidity level. I currenlty have the mist knob all the way down with the humidity knob turned up to about 3/4 of the way. When I put the humidity slider below 3/4 no mist comes out and only a faint amount of moist airflow comes thru resulting in little condesation on the walls of the tub. At 3/4 and above I start to get mist out of the thing (The tub gets quickly saturated with mist and condensation forms on all the walls. It doesn't get dripping/rain drop type wet but the mycellium is being bombarded with the ultrasonic mist. Is too much mist no good for my babies?? Should I revert to periodic use? If so, how do I compensate for gas exchange while its off? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

PS: pics to come soon...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Fruiting Box/Humidifier Questions [Re: 420_247]
    #482755 - 12/07/01 07:23 AM (15 years, 12 hours ago)

Thats the problem with ultrasonic humidifiers. The mist over mists the terrarium and that results in period use which then results in low air exchange.. If you want to keep your humidifier (because im guessing it costes alot) then hook an air pump up to your terrarium. Or you can just get a cool mist humidifier. They work great for both air exchange and humidifying without the over misting.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Offline420_247
Stranger
Re: Fruiting Box/Humidifier Questions [Re: optikal_trip]
    #485017 - 12/09/01 02:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Should I just cut a hole in the box and stick the tube coming from the air pump in there or should I get one of those "bubble-stone" things and place it in a cup of water inside the tank?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation