Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Morning headaches?
    #4781122 -

As soon as I wake up, I have a headache. It lasts for about 20 minutes, so it isn't the worst thing in the world, but it doesn't make waking up any more pleasant, that's for sure. Anyone else have this problem?

P.S - I go to bed 100% sober. I haven't had an active substace in my body for over a month.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4781599 -

Smoke cigarettes?
Drink beverages containing caffeine?
Could be withdraw from either of those.

Could be dehydration if you don't drink enough water during the day.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4781627 -

I dont know if this has anything to do with your headaches, but
a humidifier running at night in the bedroom helps this kind of
thing for me,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: rod]
    #4782062 -

Yea, if it feels like a sinus headache, then a humidifier will most likely help.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: daimyo]
    #4782334 -

it could be sleep apnea
when people stop breathing at night their oxygen levels in their blood can drop (sometimes really severely) and this can cause some pretty bad headaches.

are you tired all the time?
can you fall asleep easily anywhere?
do you ever wake up gasping for breath?
are you overwieght?
ask people around you if you snore or stop breathing at night.

most people who have apnea dont realize that they have it, so dont trust your instincts on this. if you can answer yes to any of those questions (especially about being tired or falling asleep easily) ask your dr for a sleep study.

the best solution currently available for apnea is a mask that you wear to sleep that forces air into your airways while your sleeping, so that your airways wont collapse. its not wonderfully comfortable to get used to (takes most people a few weeks) but it works.

let me know if you have other questions.

k


--------------------
----------------------------------------
we hope that you choke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: knumb]
    #4782387 -

It could also be as simple as needing a new bed or using your pillow differently. It could be a tension headache due to your neck/back being in uncomfortable positions. Thats what my headaches were comming from, just simply I had a shitty bed. They still continued after I got the new bed, until I got my new pillow. :smile:


--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: Taskenti]
    #4783077 -

have u ever been told that your teeth grind at night? this happens to me and sometimes i wake up feeling shitty


--------------------
there's no love in fear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: alarmist]
    #4784136 -

Actually, that last post is pretty relevant. I have a night guard because my dentist thinks I clench my teeth..but it wasn't helping my TMJ at all so I haven't been wearing it. I'm gonna put it back in, see if it helps.

Also..it could be my pillows. I don't know what to look for in a pillow? I'm not thrilled with my current one.

And my room is humid as shit, so I doubt it's a need for a humidifier.

However, I AM tired all the time recently. But it's recently, like the last two weeks. Doubt it's sleep apnea.

Guess I'm just a sleep mess.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4784516 -

Could be allergy or sinus related if it's worse when you lean forward or it feels like it's behind your eye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4785749 -

yea, my dentist recommended that i get a nightguard as well..apparently my teeth are getting worn down from it, damn i hate teeth problems


--------------------
there's no love in fear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: alarmist]
    #4786882 -

I prefer really soft pillows that my head can just sink into like a goose down(gotta find one where the stuff doesn't start sticking out of the material). But even when I have a nice soft pillow I still bunch it all up and then it makes it firm so I gotta fight myself to not do that so I dont wake up with headaches or neck cramps.


--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morning headaches? [Re: Taskenti]
    #4786884 -

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductD...cm_cat=datafeed


Some can be expensive you can also find some decent cheap ones.


--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Weird headaches TODAY 1,858 9 11/18/05 12:48 PM
by TODAY
* Splitting headache after being stoned... Brakkie 7,354 17 10/15/05 11:18 AM
by Brakkie
* Chronic Headaches and worthless doctors Eightball 3,004 18 02/19/07 03:17 PM
by schmutzen
* Chronic Headaches Waffle 1,619 14 03/15/06 07:53 PM
by Waffle
* Headaches felix 2,628 19 10/02/04 06:31 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Persistent Headache from Working Out? Society 1,132 7 08/30/07 11:51 PM
by eligal
* daily headaches distgre1 1,037 4 11/02/06 04:54 AM
by The_Hobbit
* headaches 013akilper 716 3 05/22/06 02:05 AM
by Crestfallen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
973 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.