Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHoeken

Loc: iowa
PF Spores bunk
    #472955 - 11/28/01 09:35 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

I recently ordered 2 spore syringes from PF. They arrived quickly and that made me happy. One was the hawaiian strain and the other was teh standard PF strain. I was excited and decided to do 18 jars and then additionally 2 2liter bottles of sterilized water + sugar to try and cultivate mycelium for cloning and/or testing. well, i readied the jars, sterilized them in boiling water and let them sit overnight.

i then innoculated them each in 4 different places. the most recent time i've checked innoc+3 weeks, there has been no growth. that means no fuzzy white mycelia or nasty contamination. to me this means that the syringes either a)contained no spores or b) the spores were damaged during transport

i've previously gotten spores from PF, and they worked fantastically. i'm kinda bummed and was wondering if i could either get my money back, get replacement spores or if anyone knows a better spore place to get them from.

thanx,
~Hoeken

--------------------
NeuroAtomik - Evolve!
www.neuroatomik.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungichick
Your mom
Re: PF Spores bunk [Re: Hoeken]
    #474052 - 11/29/01 08:13 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've always gotten my spores from PF and never had a problem. From what I gather it seems the only way to get a hold of them is through their snail mail address. Good luck. There are quite a few reputable vendors out there just do a search on this site. There are also a few not so reputable vendors just make sure you do your research.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: PF Spores bunk [Re: fungichick]
    #474787 - 11/30/01 12:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm...no contam or mycelium, and you left the jars sit overnight??? Possible mail irradiation?? Or maybe just bacterial problems?? Open a jar a smell it, that should tell you if the problem was on your end or PF's.

--------------------

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: PF Spores bunk [Re: Hoeken]
    #474793 - 11/30/01 12:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Did you flame the needle a lot? Possibly killing all of the spores. I have seen this happen before. Otherwise, as Lizard King sugested... perhaps it's due to mail irradiation. (' hope not!)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

Re: PF Spores bunk [Re: Lizard King]
    #474865 - 11/30/01 01:43 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I agree, especially with 2 different kind of syringes, what would be the odds that both would be bunk. Maybe you are one of the first statistics in a long line of irradiated spore orders.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: PF Spores bunk [Re: Lizard King]
    #479402 - 12/04/01 11:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I really doubt its mail irradiation, PF sends his syringes out in a box, not a letter. The post office is not irradiating boxes, just letters and not all of them.

Check your temperaturs. Keep them at around 85F for at least a week and see if they germinate. This seems to be a big mistake among many new growers this time of year is storing there jars in to low of temps. Once they start germinating and mycelium grows to say around 40% colonization then you can lower the temps if you need to.
If that still does not work just send PF a snail mail and explain what happened and hopefully he will replace them for you.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds