Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Keyboard
    #4745690 - 10/02/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

okay. i know absolutely nothing about pianos or keyboards or anything like that. not a thing. i don't know brands, types, or anything else.

i used to think keyboardists in bands were retarded and were pretty lame for hovering over a keyboard while all the other musicians were playing what i considered "real" instruments.

with the help of bands like Children of Bodom and Opeth, i have become rather fond of the sounds that these men can create on their keyboards. i think they add an element that can influence the entire tone or sound that the song is trying to convey.

i have been playing guitar for somewhere around three years. recently, however i have been considering purchasing a keyboard. like i said, i really don't know jack shit about keyboards or things like that so i'm looking for some input from those more experienced with this type of thing.

i know you're probably all bored now so i'll sum it up.

1) i know i should probably start off with something simpler, but if i really get into playing and enjoy it, i will want something more complex in the future, so should i just start off with a more complex one and go from there?

2) what brands do you recommend? types?

3) anything else you want to throw in here is welcome.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media