Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery
Sphagnum BRF success.
    #469260 - 11/25/01 02:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The roach of a joint told me this story. He made ten half pint jars PF style substituting Scots Sphagnum Peat Moss for Vermiculite. This "moss" is like really airy dirt. He innoculated, and after the spores germinated, they mycellium colonized its substrate in about one and a half weeks. He birthed his caked into small rubermaid terreriums. In the second week of fruiting, he now has 50 mushrooms on the three cakes that were not cased. 50 mushrooms with the veil about to break. He made a "mycellical slurry" and innoculated 3 more jars with it, made 2 casings and one flat cake as well.

He ate some other specimens(mutants, and 3 with unbroken veils that he picked from the cakes) and he had the trip of his life. He said that the mushrooms he grew KICKED THE ASS of any mushroom that grows out of dung in louisiana. He has had the local and not-so-local mushrooms like 50 times and never gotten a level four from only twenty grams fresh. He told me to thank everyone on the shroomery for their help and advice, and he wanted to know if 50 shrooms(only 3 aborts so far, the rest are about 3 - 7 inches tall with at least another little while of growth, possibly 2 days) is a pretty good yeild off of 3 cakes. He estimates his fresh yeild to be around 50 grams dried.

Also, he says that the feeling of tripping of mushrooms that he grew himself was really cool, and everyone should do it! Sorry 'bout the long post...

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
Re: Sphagnum BRF success. [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #469289 - 11/25/01 02:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i would say to expect a third of that much at best but...i like your idea

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #469308 - 11/25/01 02:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That's awesome. Did you use the peat as you would a dry verm barrier?

Anonymous

#469314 - 11/25/01 02:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Aweome Job!.. So how exactly does one make that "Mycllical slury?"...

Anonymous

Re: Sphagnum BRF success. [Re: Anonymous]
    #469317 - 11/25/01 02:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome, Too..

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery
Re: Sphagnum BRF success. [Re: Anonymous]
    #469475 - 11/25/01 05:47 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I did use the sphagnum peat moss as a verm barrier. I made the slurry by getting a peice of a cake, blending it up in sterilized water, and using that to innoculate cakes with a syringe. I picked one mushroom today and a few aborts, and I plan on getting the rest tommorrow. I think the nutrious(sp?) qualities of the sspm may have helped. I plan on using some sort of rehydration tek, like dunking...I will let you know how the flat cake and the casings go.

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Offlineiono
    #469593 - 11/25/01 08:47 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Is it possible to use peat moss is the exact same way as verm very effectivly??/

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery
Re: Sphagnum BRF success. [Re: iono]
    #469616 - 11/25/01 09:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well, Its not moss in bales, its very light, airy, absorbent soilish material, and it works effectively by my experience. I used scots brand from home depot.

--------------------
<

<

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures