Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Pros and Cons of an mp3 player
    #4668290 -

I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. I should know more about them, but I don't. Anyone able to sate my curiosity?


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Murex]
    #4668549 -

I use my mp3 player moderately. It's very easy to become caccooned in technology such as that, in my opinion. The last time I was in NYC affirmed this for me when I saw so many people on the street/bus/subway with iPods. They're dissociatives, which can be theraputic and a great experience, watching everything happen to your favorite music, but I think it should be balanced. Why not be receptive to, and interact with the noise of the city/suburbs/wherever sometimes?

I usually take mine with me on my walks though, naturally.  :grin: I've got most of my favorite albums on it, so that means nice selection.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Murex]
    #4668575 -

CD/mp3 player.
The absolute best combination.
Multiple choices, huge storage, good quality....and 5-7 hours of high quality on a disc/battery recharge is more than enough.

I'd say don't bother with the mp3 player. Just go with the cd/mp3.


--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson


Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Murex]
    #4668668 -

I love my digital music player - iriver h340. it has all my music on it (30 gigs) and goes with me wherever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Vvellum]
    #4669121 -

What about the cost. And can I download any music?


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Murex]
    #4669685 -

for a harddrive player, look to spend $200-$300 or so. And yes, you can download all the music you want...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Murex]
    #4671917 -

Flash drive : no moving parts. Safe to run jog shake etc.

If you want to get a hard drive player you have fewer choices. I personally have an ipod, I really like the interface and whatnot. I believe on the iRiver's you can watch .avi files. bi0 would know more about it.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: abhi]
    #4672033 -

yup, .avi works. watchable quality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Vvellum]
    #4672394 -

I love my iriver, but I have heard great things about the iAudio X5: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009Q4...cs&v=glance

plays .flac, .mpg, .ogg :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Vvellum]
    #4673395 -

I just got mine last week and nothing beats listening to music without skipping. I got the Archos Gmini 220 20gigs for $160. So far no promblems. the interface is intuitive so its easy to learn how to save playlist, transfer song, etc. It even has a voice recorder to sample sounds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Vvellum]
    #4673534 -

Damn, you can watch avi's on an iRiver? I might have to get one to accompany my Ipod.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pros and Cons of an mp3 player [Re: Redstorm]
    #4674428 -

yup. works well.

have you seen this http://www.engadget.com/entry/3756421320807387/ ?
not quite watching a movie, but something to cool to fuck around with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anybody have an idea for a good MP3 player? RandalFlagg 2,516 19 01/15/05 10:25 AM
by Thin White Duke
* Iriver H340 MP3 Player?? DiploidM 874 4 09/16/06 02:15 PM
by ZippoZ
* Zune MP3 Player Has No Equalizer? WTF? DiploidM 1,412 6 02/11/09 05:59 PM
by skydog
* I need MP3 player help RandalFlagg 1,817 12 03/23/05 04:41 AM
by discoabe
* Best HD mp3 player
( 1 2 all )
abhi 2,907 22 12/21/04 04:14 PM
by Krishna
* Video-playing MP3 player questions RandalFlagg 906 2 07/17/06 08:36 PM
by Vvellum
* Mp3 players... CLUELESS looner2 1,698 11 01/27/05 02:49 AM
by EvilEwok
* IPOD vs. MP3 Player vs. Sony PSP!!! supra 1,903 19 02/22/06 02:16 PM
by downforpot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
1,115 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.