Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Chicago ravers?
    #4671368 -

well i have been looking threw allot of pics of 40z and some other members on here and i kinda would like to get into the whole scene. it seems fun and the people that are there look really chill. i looked on myspace for any groups with the keywords "rave"raver" but only found a few and they were run bye 16yrolds and all the post where about "i love raving" "ravin 4life" and i wasn't to into that. i really have no clue where to look for promotion stuff or know the people that go to these. I'm 19 so i wont be able to get into any 21+ places. so i guess my questions are:
Anyone in the chi land area into this scene?
where should i look for promotional events?


--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: LethalX5]
    #4671404 -

shit, I was born and raised on Milwuakee drugs (which come from Chicago) and never participated in any festivites in Chicago... I know I'm missing out, but I've moved on to greener pastures

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: LethalX5]
    #4671950 -

ex-raver '96-'99, chicago
I dont think they are really around much in these parts.
mostly loft parties and club/venue nights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4671959 -

Hey, those are the years I went to parties. I still went to a few in 2000-01, but not so many.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4671970 -

yeah me too. I think the last party I ever went to (in early '00) was live on the decks w/ hawtin/hardfloor/aquaviva/etc @ harvey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4671980 -

The last event I went to was the '02 LoveParade in Berlin.

The LoveParade is seriously over-rated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4672022 -

I imagine love parade to be like mardi gras. once a rebelous, post-communism event, but now just a bunch of drunk assholes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: LethalX5]
    #4672035 -

It's probably very easy to find parties in Chicago.  Just go to one or two and meet some people.  You'll have a blast.  Good luck and be smart. 

:heart:






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4672040 -

Very much so. And it was impossible to find specific performers at any time they were playing. It was just by chance that I found even Miss Kittin and Felix da Housecat (who is a sub-standard deejay).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4672049 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4672056 -

that sounds annoying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4673014 -



--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: LethalX5]
    #4673021 -

Raves are awful. Dont even bother. You can meet good people/have good times eveywhere. Just find the right people/places. Eat mescaline and go for a hike.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #4673040 -

ya but i like the whole dancing thing


--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chicago ravers? [Re: LethalX5]
    #4673047 -

I assume you're saying they're rolling because you dont like rollers? Well, neither do I, but...

Raves dont have to be associated with rolling. I hate roll(ers/ing), but love raves - because I love electronica. Psy-trance parties I like more, but hey, its all the same breed. I've eaten some mushrooms and went, even went sober before. Hiking on mescaline is a great time, and it truly is the only way to fly, but merging with the common consciousness with the unity of dance and music is a whole another experience.


--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the raver culture?
( 1 2 3 all )
shwowsh 6,326 45 10/01/03 01:12 AM
by RunDMT
* Whos a raver up in this place
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 1,780 38 06/20/08 08:54 AM
by Artnotwar
* Why Mexico's Sinaloa Cartel loves selling drugs in Chicago berdinwall 1,578 3 11/10/14 07:27 PM
by Cj-B
* Why does conservative media pretend Chicago is a war zone?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FlyOnTheWall 1,872 67 02/19/17 07:04 PM
by Morel Guy
* 60 People were shot over July 4th weekend in Chicago
( 1 2 all )
beachedjesus 1,804 26 07/07/14 08:34 AM
by qman
* Man with 'bionic' leg to climb Chicago skyscraper Patlal 867 9 10/31/12 01:22 PM
by funegi
* I kinda hate ravers, emos, and hippies.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Signo 14,525 135 05/25/05 06:37 PM
by Adamist
* Why is Chicago such a War Zone?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Envix 5,349 113 08/03/14 11:38 PM
by D.M.T

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
985 topic views. 5 members, 22 guests and 193 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.