Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver Island hunting w/pics
    #465223 - 11/21/01 12:59 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Here?s some pics from this years hunting season on Vancouver Island.
Unfortunately, I didn?t get any pictures of the Ps. Cyan?s we picked this year.
http://www.geocities.com/bfixxer/huntingweb/FrameSet.htm

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSplit
enthusiast

Re: Vancouver Island hunting w/pics [Re: Psychonaut]
    #465238 - 11/21/01 01:30 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wow.

--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #465352 - 11/21/01 06:02 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Holy hell, what are the mushrooms in cluster.jpg?

Peace,
-Gumby

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Vancouver Island hunting w/pics [Re: Gumby]
    #465415 - 11/21/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That cluster image is very impressive, what species is that? Some type of psathyrella?

Whats even more impressive is the Ps. caerulea you found! I've only seen a few pics of this mushrooms before. Awesome find! Please say you took spore prints?

LK,

--------------------

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Vancouver Island hunting w/pics [Re: Lizard King]
    #465545 - 11/21/01 10:59 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

psychonaut,hows it going man!!!

nice finds,the cluster must be pelli's eh??!! wow,what a find!!!
and lizard,caeruleas are very common out here.i could have posted many pics of them. psycho,you get high of those?stamets say activity unknown. i personally dont remember gettin high,but ive heard of people saying they do.i used to find garbage bags of those and aeruginosas.i was young and not very knowledged so i thto i scored HUGE!!! haha awesome pics man.

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
Re: Vancouver Island hunting w/pics [Re: Psylosymon]
    #465709 - 11/21/01 03:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, there?s a bit of a interesting story behind both the cluster and the Ps. Caerulea.

One day a buddy of mine calls me up ranting and raving, saying that he had just found the biggest Psilocybe patch of mushrooms, in his own backyard. He asked me to come to his place and help him identify these mushrooms. When I arrived he quickly lead me out behind in house. What I encountered next was amazing. There was a 10-meter spread on wood chip trail literally covered in these mushrooms, behind his place. There must have been ten?s of thousands of mushrooms on the woodchip trail. I?ve have never seen that many mushroom in one place before.
Unfortunately, I quickly identified then as not being Psilocybe. But, I still haven?t been able to track down exactly what they were. I?ll post some better pics of them, when I get my hands on a better scanner.

Now, the Ps. Caerulea mushrooms. These mushrooms are semi-common in some of the Liberty cap fields I fequent. Some of these fields are also frequented by local high-school kids, who claim that these mushrooms are the best things since sliced bread. On a few occasions, I met up with different groups of high school punks that were avoiding the abundant lib cap in order to collect only these Ps. Caerulea or ?blue caps? as they called them.
The words of a few chesse eating high school kids isn?t much to go by, but I think there might be a chance that these mushrooms are bit more active them everyone thinks.
I still haven?t tested them myself, but they are on my list of things to try. I just have to get some time.
I?ll let you guys know what the results are.

Lizard king ? ya, I did get some prints. Send me a PM if you?re interested in some.

Psylosymon ? good to see your still around. I lost your e-mail, send me a PM with it and I get in touch with you.

--------------------
FungusFun.com

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
    #466596 - 11/22/01 12:11 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Nice pics. The "cluster" are definitelty Psathryella gracilis species complex. Those Caerula's are VERY interesting looking--I've never found those. Do they stain blue, or are they that blue to start with? Anyway, they sure LOOK active!

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Vancouver Island hunting w/pics [Re: Woodsman]
    #466611 - 11/22/01 12:34 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

oh so thats what the cluster is,what a cool pic!!!

woodsman,they stain intenses blue. where ever you touch.and they grow pretty big.cap sizes as big as the top of a coke can or bigger. i definetly think this species needs to be studied further.it looks very active.,and i remember in highschool everyone ate these too and said they were good.its the same with aeruginosas.everytime i ate either the aerugs,or the caeruleas,i also ate lib caps.so i could never say if they did work,cuz i got high regardless.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract