Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West
    #4620378 - 09/04/05 09:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

1) hes an ignorant shitwipe. If he thinks that the solution to the 'race issue' in America is to bitch on TV about how dem blacks bees so uh-ated by da white man, hes wrong. I don't see him down there helping his bruthas out.

And on that note, 500lb test rope to be brought to my house. We ride at midnight!

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4620416 - 09/04/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

His bodyguards would kill your ass.

I like him, regardless of whatever statements he made.

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4620444 - 09/04/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I hate kayne only because of his attitude like hes the best thing to happen to rap.. his music isnt even the best rap out there.. hes good but his attitude kills it for him.. fuck kayne..

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4620446 - 09/04/05 09:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You're the 'ignorant shit wipe'... who do you think you are talking like that about someone you don't even know.
Happy trails :sun:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4620447 - 09/04/05 09:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I really dont care what he said one way or another i try not to listen to the opinions of anybody on tv and actully give three shits about it.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #4620488 - 09/04/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, murder him for something he said.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4620791 - 09/04/05 11:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'd prefer to kill him for not shutting up

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4620801 - 09/04/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Let's just kill everyone who isn't like me. That'll solve a lot of my problems.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineOriginal
God, I lovethis...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: Jadian]
    #4620823 - 09/04/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Prep-Rap is what he classified as...

He dresses like a prep and he raps :P

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonized cakes smell like South Florida...

Seriously...
---------------------------------
I can't sleep cuz the mexicans keep lighting their fireworks...
---------------------------------
If ya don't want trouble, ya gots ta crumble...

-Johnny Cochran on the use of crumbled vs. whole cakes..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: Original]
    #4620841 - 09/04/05 11:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm with you Beatles man, lynch his ass good.  :dancinghitler:

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4620884 - 09/04/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If he ever learns English let me know. Maybe then I will listen to what he has to say.  :smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4620980 - 09/05/05 12:10 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I already didn't like him because he brags about how great he is in rap and basically everything else. And now he goes and says shit like this on tv. Pisses me off a lot, ....who is the actual racist here?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: Locus]
    #4620989 - 09/05/05 12:14 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Reverse racism is sweet!

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: motaman]
    #4621241 - 09/05/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
If he ever learns English let me know. Maybe then I will listen to what he has to say.  :smirk:

Yea, agreed.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #4621488 - 09/05/05 03:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

His English was pretty good on Charlie Rose last night. Bush comments on TV were kind of stupid though.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4621591 - 09/05/05 04:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
1) hes an ignorant shitwipe. If he thinks that the solution to the 'race issue' in America is to bitch on TV about how dem blacks bees so uh-ated by da white man, hes wrong.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but it's rather ironic to talk about someone's supposed ignorance on race issues while mentioning lynching a black person. Also, unless a person has experienced the racism black people have experienced, it's very self-rightous to claim to understand race issues in America.

Honestly, I agree that he chose the wrong venue for expressing himself. I also agree that he had trouble articulating himself. But then again, we're talking about an incredibly emotionally charged issue, risking his career & severe criticism, all by going off what was pre-scripted. I doubt most people would be able to any better.

I honestly don't know how much race has played apart in the whole thing. I don't think it's possible to really know unless one has seen first hand some kind of proof of it.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: Twirling]
    #4621601 - 09/05/05 04:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but it's rather ironic to talk about someone's supposed ignorance on race issues while mentioning lynching a black person.

I think that all violent criminals should be hanged by the neck til dead. White ones, black ones, purple and pink polka dotted one.
Quote:

Also, unless a person has experienced the racism black people have experienced, it's very self-rightous to claim to understand race issues in America.

So the only people that can understand race issues are black people? Thats just bullshit. Kanye West doesn't look too terribly oppressed, he makes about 50000x more than I do.
Quote:

Honestly, I agree that he chose the wrong venue for expressing himself. I also agree that he had trouble articulating himself. But then again, we're talking about an incredibly emotionally charged issue, risking his career & severe criticism, all by going off what was pre-scripted. I doubt most people would be able to any better.

I can formulate thoughts without having to resort to silly one-liners like "GEORGE BUSH BE A HATSIN DA BLACK MAN FO SHEEZY". He is a simple minded black man. It's people like him that teach young black kids that whitey is out to get them, and that the only way out of the ghetto is rappin or shootin dem baaaakset bawls.

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4621680 - 09/05/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
I think that all violent criminals should be hanged by the neck til dead.  White ones, black ones, purple and pink polka dotted one.

Irregardless, the connotations of "lynching" a black person, while saying they should not speak about race issues is rather disturbing.

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
So the only people that can understand race issues are black people?  Thats just bullshit.  Kanye West doesn't look too terribly oppressed, he makes about 50000x more than I do.

I never said that. I said that a person can not claim to understand race issues unless they have experienced them. Perhaps a white person would understand race issues, but unless that person has experienced what a minority has gone through in some way, it rather unfair to claim to understand what's it's like. It's entirely possible that Kanye West is paranoid in ways, but I do not feel like I have enough knowledge to say how justified that judgment is.

Also, the amount of money a person has made (and in Kanye West's situation, earned) does not necessarily correlate with how much they have been oppressed in their life. Is it not possible for a person to have experienced racism and develop their art from it, making well-earned money? Are we to assume that anyone who is rich has not experienced oppression?

Quote:

I can formulate thoughts without having to resort to silly one-liners like "GEORGE BUSH BE A HATSIN DA BLACK MAN FO SHEEZY".  He is a simple minded black man.  It's people like him that teach young black kids that whitey is out to get them, and that the only way out of the ghetto is rappin or shootin dem baaaakset bawls.

Now you're stereotyping him by his race and his music, while saying that he should not be speaking out on race issues. In other words, you're speaking on race issues and saying Kanye West should not. "people like him", "simple minded black man". I think that speaks for itself. :shake:

Considering the history of oppression in the United States towards black people, it is certainly justified for a black person to still feel that passed down prejudice. Perhaps holding on to the fear racism creates in people is not helping those people escape it entirely, but they have a right to work through their emotions and views on them.

You also overlooked my point entirely. You can formulate thoughts while sitting in front of a computer with time to contemplate your ideas and refine them. You're career isn't on the line, and millions of people aren't watching you. Comparing the two situations is ridiculous.

Are we also to believe that Kanye West, who is known for his lyrics, is incapable of articulating ideas well?

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Re: Why i'm forming a posse to lynch Kanye West [Re: Twirling]
    #4621691 - 09/05/05 05:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
I never said that. I said that a person can not claim to understand race issues unless they have experienced them.

Everyone in America experiences "race issues".  Every white American who has driven through the darkest ghetto has experienced "race issues".  Every black American who has driven through the redneck South, especially 30 years ago, has experienced "race issues".
Quote:

Perhaps a white person would understand race issues, but unless that person has experienced what a minority has gone through in some way, it rather unfair to claim to understand what's it's like.

So if a white person grows up poor in a white neighborhood, it's different than a black person growing up poor in a black neighborhood?
Quote:

It's entirely possible that Kanye West is paranoid in ways, but I do not feel like I have enough knowledge to say how justified that judgment is.

Paranoid?  I don't see the poo-leece coming into his gated community.  Nor do I see him building a new house in the projects, to be closer to "his people".
Quote:

Also, the amount of money a person has made (and in Kanye West's situation, earned) does not necessarily correlate with how much they have been oppressed in their life.

Everyone who has money has 'earned' it.  I don't see why you felt the need to emphasis that he "EARNED" it.
Quote:

Now you're stereotyping him by his race and his music, while saying that he should not be speaking out on race issues. In other words, you're speaking on race issues and saying Kanye West should not. "people like him", "simple minded black man". I think that speaks for itself. :shake:

Kayne West looked like the typical ignorant black man on TV.  Spouting off, using a telethon to get his 'views' across, babbling in incoherent rambling English, bitching about "the white man keepin him down".  People like him SET the stereotype.  Would you say that he looks like the stereotypical black man?  Do you think that a man like Clarence Thomas is the 'stereotype' of black people?
Quote:

Considering the history of oppression in the United States towards black people, it is certainly justified for a black person to still feel that passed down prejudice.

Indians don't seem to have this feeling, and we did more to destroy there culture than we did blacks.  It's amazing how you'd claim that the looters aren't simply black people, they are POOR people.  In that same light, POOR people have been oppressed throughout American history. All races, all creeds, all colors.  "It's not a black problem, it's a poor problem."  I'm using THAT line back at you!
Quote:

Perhaps holding on to the fear racism creates in people is not helping those people escape it entirely, but they have a right to work through their emotions and views on them.

A time and place for everything... on the air while trying to raise money isn't the time or place.  You can't say that this guy doesn't have a platform to speak from.  I've never heard of him but apparently he is some popular rap 'artist'.
Quote:

You also overlooked my point entirely. You can formulate thoughts while sitting in front of a computer with time to contemplate your ideas and refine them. You're career isn't on the line, and millions of people aren't watching you. Comparing the two situations is ridiculous.

People can speak in front of others without preparation and speak well. I was on the debate club and I did fine.
Quote:

Are we also to believe that Kanye West, who is known for his lyrics, is incapable of articulating ideas well?

Hes not "known" by me.  If his lyrics are the same ebonics-ridden half-sentances and incoherent thoughts as this impromptu rant, i'm sure it's nothing to call the Pulitzer committee about.

--------------------

David Lane

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4621721 - 09/05/05 05:30 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If this guy really has such a wide audience, he should try to encourage unity. When all blacks are told is how whitey hates them, it makes them think that. I don't think that institutionalized racism is that common anymore, if at all.

--------------------

David Lane

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub