Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: "Iron Chef" my fridge please [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #4616616 - 09/03/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of spices do you have?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #4617229 - 09/03/05 07:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you have flour, baking soda and butter you could make some KILLER muffins....

If not you can get all that for just $3 plus $2 for cheep muffin tins.

Id suggest you make cheese steak samiches with the chicken and beef and street style (taco truck style) tacos with the pork chops, cilantro and stuff....

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #4617253 - 09/03/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

STUFFING....

Wrap the chicken in the baccon and bake it with a bit of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

Take some crusty old bread and toast it in the oven till brown..  Add the thyme, rosemarry, a but of butter and milk with salt and pepper and bake and youve got killer stuffing to go with it...

For desert take the blue corn tortillas, wet them a little and in a food processor pure them with sugar till you get tamalie masa..    With the lemon and lime you juice them with sugar and corn startch till you get custard.    Put custard in the center of the masa, roll it and wrap it in suran wrap and steam it till cooked..  Wholla...  Youve got Lemon lime blue corn desert tamalies...

Im a bit drunk right now but Im celebreating...  I just crack my neighbors WEP password and Im on his wireless connection.... :crazy2:

EDIT...   

Saute the onions and a bit of baccon to go into the stuffing :wink:

Oooh and you could use the pan drippings to go over the smashed roasted red taters you could make with a bit of milk and butter and toasted rosemarry.....

Damn...  I still got no food to eat here..  Just 10 cans of overstuffed ravioli and 10 cans of tuna with a loaf of bread and free mayo packets that I got from work......  Thats my rations for the week..  Total was $17 after my employee discount.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (09/03/05 07:30 PM)

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: "Iron Chef" my fridge please [Re: GabbaDj]
    #4617882 - 09/03/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

damn bro, nice stuffing.

You only have canned food?  I suggest you go out and buy a bunch of fresh ingrediants and cook something up.

I've been recently getting into the habit of cooking myself some nice extravagant recipes.  I find it very rewarding, especially the consuming part.

Today I made the chicken quesadilla's, but i added a little twist.

I threw in some finely diced mushrooms, along with the garlic, carmelized onions, and cooked chicken breast strips.  then i threw in a little bit of basil and topped it off with a heap of jack cheese.

I flipped the quesadilla, g ot both sides nicely warm, slightly toasted so it's just a bit crunchy while still being bendable.

I ended up adding alot of chicken meat, so the quesadillas were like 1/2 inch thick each.  LOL. 

I topped it with some fresh sour cream and salsa.

Thanks to this thread, i feel like i've been eating like a king this past week.  SO far just this week i've eaten and cooked the following:

-Chicken breasts stuffed with cheese/mushrooms/garlic/onions/shallots/bacon, grilled and served with a side of steamed rice with grated cheese melting on the rice.

-Pork fried rice consisting of some diced marinated(sesame oil, ginger, rosemary, soy sauce, garlic) pork, some shallots, small diced baby carrots, fried up the rice with some sesame oil soy sauce, and scrambled eggs.  I ate it with some over szechuan shrimp I had from chinese takeout.

-boO's steak and potatoes dinner.  I marinated the ribeye steak in garlic/salt/worcestershire/olive oil/wine vinegar/thyme/rosemary/parsley/lemon juice.  I then grilled it, served it with the wedged red potatoes i baked with some pepper jack cheese on top and sprinkled parsley as a garnish

-mushroom omelet, as was mentioned above, with carmelized onions, lots of diced mushrooms, some shallots, all placed in the omolet, with some pepper jack cheese stuffed inside the omelet.  I served it with a side of some nice fried strips of pork bacon.

-and the quesadillas just mentioned.

And for labor day I plan on getting some bread crumbs for the pork cutlets i have left.  I plan on pounding the pork nice and thin, getting it covered in bread crumbs (after dipping it in egg), frying it up.  I also plan on using the rest of my onions, some garlic, basil, cubed carrots as a base for a nice marinera sauce, i want to slow cook it and plan on serving it with spagetti.

Cooking is so much fun.  :laugh:  I honestly love it.  I don't mind spending time and labor doing it because it's truely become a hobby/leisurely thing to do.  Cooking is just so nice, it helps me take my mind away from lots of stresses with school and such.

I do plan on exploring as many other recipes as I can, honing in on my cooking skills and such....I've been having a blast so far, and eating is just another additional bonus.

Edited by LiquidSmoke (09/03/05 10:25 PM)

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: "Iron Chef" my fridge please [Re: daimyo]
    #4617940 - 09/03/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
What kind of spices do you have?

Just the basics, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers, and some dried basil.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4618406 - 09/04/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You need more flavor... peppers hot and mild ones, fresh or whole dried garlic, and perhaps some essence oils which are olive oils soaked in rosemary, basil, or herb of choice.. Also wines, simple and flavorful, pour a tip of red or white wine into your stir fry and heat it off...
Soy sauce is good all around, get a good salt like some Mediterranean sea salt if you can afford it, good olive oil is worth it with fine ingredients.
I highly suggest you add fish to that menu... do research before buying.. don't buy anything local that comes from polluted rivers or farm raised with chemically altered growth processes. Get from the sea... good tuna, sea bass, whiting, bluefish, Salmon, Shrimp or whatever you like...

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: "Iron Chef" my fridge please [Re: flowstone]
    #4618436 - 09/04/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah I agree.. extra virgin olive oil is the way to go.. get the good shit
freshest organic fish possible.. mmm fish

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: "Iron Chef" my fridge please [Re: Shroomism]
    #4618602 - 09/04/05 02:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Damn strizzle , I would love to live along the coast ....I should totally hike from south Florida to Maine and eat the surf fish along the way! And of course the sand crabs.. HAHA those bastards... anyone ever had sand crabs? I suggest a pellet gun with a scope or fast legs or digging skills if you want to gnab these fellows... and how is that about camping on the beach?
I'd love to eat the season ingredients from everywhere across the world, and even the rare forest items that no one really knows about.... the true key to balance the proper diet and nutrient intake, no? If only......IF ONLY I knew how!

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: "Iron Chef" my fridge please [Re: flowstone]
    #4621153 - 09/04/05 11:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, had an idea earlier today when I went to my fridge :smile:

Get some flour and make crepes. Basic recipe:
3 eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter

Use a good non-stick skillet or make sure it is well coated with butter. Medium heat works best. Pour a small amount of batter in the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan, make it as thin as possible. Should cook in under 5 min. Don't flip, just dish out. Make sure to coat the pan again before you do another.

You can add sugar and vanilla for dessert crepes, or cocoa and sugar for chocolate ones.

You can fill with anything. You could do chicken, pork, or steak diced small. Heat it in a pan to get warm. Mix in whatever you want. Fill the crepe, fold 2 sides over, then bake at 325 for 10-15 min. You can cover with cheese before baking as well.

Best use for crepes is dessert stuff in my opinion. You can mash any of your fruit and use it as filling. Works better if you have cream cheese or ice cream to mix the fruit into though. Use sugar to sweeten. You can top with fresh berries, pureed fruit, whip cream, hot fudge, powdered sugar, etc. Eat cold or heat up.

I haven't tried this but I think it would be good. Take 3-4 egg whites, add some sugar (like 1/4 cup), and beat with a mixer until it stiffens up and is nice and foamy. Don't overbeat. Gently fold in diced peaches then fill the crepes. Fold the sides over. Then I had two options for topping and baking.

Option one: Bake at 325 for 5-10 min. Take it out and brush the top with melted butter. Generously coat the top with sugar. Put the oven on broil and let it heat up for 5 min. Then put the crepe in. Will only take a couple minutes for sugar to melt and crepe to brown. WATCH IT CAREFULLY. Can burn easily. Take out, you can eat warm or put in fridge to get cold and eat cold. Both should be good.

Option 2: Bake crepe as-is for 10 min on 350ish. Put peaches, little bit of sugar (to taste), and a splash of milk in blender. Puree. If you need to you can add a little more milk to thin. Should be creamy consistency. I would chill the crepe and top with cold sauce.

Option 3: Combine option 1 and 2.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies