Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: buckwheat]
    #4589770 -

Sure i could make livable money at my current job. I do almost 10 bucks an hour on a good day, but fuck no if i want to stick that out. What kind of jobs are you talking about. Id rather train for somthing that interests me and be a specialist to make good money doing somthing i enjoy.

People with college degrees make more money then people that don't. This is true.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4589772 -

school sucks. itll get better. i think it was made to suck alot. you can get used to anything.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: Kada]
    #4589780 -

I dunno about you guys, but ive had/having(almost done:() a great time in college. Dank herb, party, psychadelics, girls. Shits gets hectic at times, but overall yeah i have to say its been good to me.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: baraka]
    #4589841 -

man, take it from a guy who hated the school he went to and bitched out of it to go to community college..

STAY THERE! the only thing I dont regret is the amount of money i saved by going to community college.

I desperately want to go back and live on campus at a nice university thats home to many nice looking female women.

the independence, the freedom, plus more!

so its not what you're used to, but at least it shakes things up a bit. change is good, and i think you should definitely stay the course.

you could call it quits and go back home, feel safe for a while and know you have your old friends to go back to. but it gets boring very very fast.

I cant wait to get through this semester and transfer someplace where I can be on my own, meet other musicians to jam with, get some tail, and pass some exams while im at it.

Im fed up with the tedium of living at home and dealing with my parents and their "drugs are bad" bullshit slogans

yes i know some drugs are bad! but pot never hurt anyone.. never!!!\

anyway, hope you can learn from my mistakes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4589859 -

QuantumMeltdown said:
Trade school



Exactly.

You may just get an AS degree, but Skilled Labor is what is needed most in today's job market.  You can easily make some good money, with just a year or two investment into a trade school.

Its what I'm doing.  :thumbup:


--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: BoneMan]
    #4590126 -

BoneMan said:
most of my friends from home have gone away to college and those that didnt are turning into junkies so i dont hang with them anymore.



Seriously...what is up with that? I have noticed that too. My friends that didn't go to college but that got really good at something they were able to get a job at all moved away and are doing great. All of the people that didn't go to college and sat around my hometown are fucking drug addicts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4590305 -

Man, that is your decision. If I were you I would try to find a reason to make you want to go to school. I know I want to go back to school more and more all the time and regret leaving. I didn't stop because I wanted too... just me and this girl, I got kind of screwed up and all depressed for.. about a year.

90% of it is pretty boring, 10% fascinating. Years later I find my self finding useful information I learned in some BORING classes. Even if it is boring it still adds to your intellect and personality.

#1 Find a REASON that makes you WANT to go to school. Not to "get a job", but find a reason that really makes you want to go to school.

#2 Don't let the boring stuff bring you down. It is just your PERCEPTION of reality at the time. Later you might regret your perception of it not being worth doing.

#3 Don't live a lie... Unless its a damn good one! (ie I'm going to major in science because I'm going to be an astronaut)


Everyone is different... But there is no magic pill for life, you are going to have to deal with the decisions you make now for the rest of your life. Do you want to be a hippie, a business man, or a mega educated hippie business man....


--------------------
Look at my website http://governmentofdigital.info and find out the truth.

Outside one Marijuana gummy on 12-28-2025 I have been clean since September 2011, with last day of illegal drug use being 9/16/2011 for anything but one Marijuana gummy on 12/28/2025. I am clean and sober. Trippy! Thank you Black Eyed Peas for helping me get my first hit of acid at an Austin apartment complex in mid July 2005. It was a brilliant experience I have learned to do without anymore and enjoy music and life in a whole new way since.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So im at College and dont really Like it. What are my options? [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4590397 -

I wanna be a mega educated hippie doctor.

I think alot of college depends greatly on the friends you make.

For the first 2 years I used to only hang out with potheads who sat around and smoked and watched TV and ordered food all day. While this was fun, it did become monotonous and not really what I wanted to do with my time.

Towards my 3rd year I found a new group of friends through several classes I was taking. Now these guys were alot more fun to hang around.

I mean, the group as a whole consisted of probably around 35 guys with our individual sub-cliques. Although we were still basically one big family. We lived in places all around campus, and would take turns hosting get-togethers and parties.

Some of them had excellent hookups into clubs, bars in SF, where we'd not have to wait in line and didn't even have to pay cover. And once we got into the clubs, the bar tender knew us, so he would go out of his way to pour 2-3 PITCHERS of long island ice-tea or any other pricey hard mixture we wanted.

THen of course that would attract alot of attention from girls. And we'd simply pour two glasses for each guy, take our pick from girls, and head out to the dance floor.

See, I'm not much of a dancer, I usually hang around on the side of the dance floor just swirling my drink. But when you've got a slim, cute-faced brunett hugging up against you and tugging on you to go dance, that's all the motivation in the world.

On weekends before big parties, we'd gather at either a frat house (where some of my friends were the presidents of the house) or one of the larger apartments where this guy had had a 50 inch plasma TV. We'd sit around, invite some girls over, barbeque, and smoke blunts, drink beers, and just joke around.

Even after-parties consisted of us hanging out together with whoever girls we brought back from parties. We'd just sit around, play some cards with some good music in the backround, drink beers, smoke blunts again.

Everyone had each other's backs. If some random guy started talking shit to one of us, he'd be surrounded by 6-7 guys in a matter of seconds.


SO even though college was alot of work (for me i guess, being pre-med at Berkeley) it could have EASILY gotten to my head and I could've just become a depressed nerd through those four years. But instead I chose to focus on aspects of college that I greatly enjoyed. And the hard work DOES pay off, as I am currently attending medical school in Philadelphia.

Finding the right circle of friends can make the biggest difference in the world.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Communal living situations... headset 2,482 17 11/06/05 02:09 PM
by Harbinger
* College or No?
( 1 2 all )
Ravus 4,088 21 03/31/04 10:08 PM
by daba
* Let's Be Shroomy! <-- community project: a Shroomery village water well in rural Africa
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
metalfaith 6,444 188 09/23/21 03:16 AM
by Simisu
* College crappiness
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,423 27 11/15/04 09:54 AM
by MOTH
* college can suck for this very reason
( 1 2 all )
angryjslice 4,359 38 12/04/04 12:36 PM
by Help on the Way
* Community College is run by retards downforpot 1,148 8 01/16/05 02:06 PM
by Le_Canard
* Hurray for College!
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 3,555 22 01/24/06 08:14 PM
by daimyo
* I need some advice about college MOTH 1,883 13 05/31/04 11:10 AM
by Phencyclidine

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,909 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.