Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4584530 -

i here you there i want to build a shop in my house i just don't have the room...I love woodworking i made some great pieces in highschool and college in the shops there. I love the wood grain on that desk top. Building your own stuff is always the best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4584545 -

consider if you live in an area with high humidity or just have kids, you spend
$200 on a small table from Ikea or any place really, you may end up replacing it
every 4-5 years, $80 in wood and a couple of tools and you've got something that will last more than a hundred, of course if you arent comfortable with tools,
antique shops are a reasonable alternative, you wont find the scandinavian design
thats become s popular but you'll have a piece that will last the rest of your
life for about the same price as the new piece

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4584692 -

If you go second-hand shopping you can find the real vintage stuff that today's trendy "scandinavian" designs are mostly based on. If I admire anything at Ikea it is generally the more classic, clean-looking stuff rather than the futuristic shit that looks like it was the result of someone's CAD final at art school.

Best way to furnish a house for under $1,000:
Rent a u-haul and go thrifting in rural areas, you will find some crazy cool, well-constructed shit that no one else has and if some old woman was taking good care of it for 50-60 years it will be in near-perfect condtion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: champ]
    #4584740 -

What a coincidence... I was just thinking about visiting Ikea today. I need a chair for my computer armoire. And only IKEA, for the most part, seems to have the low-profile, artistic yet functional type of furniture that I have in mind.

Btw, Boo, are you going to wait for the Pride fight this Sunday to arrive on PPV, or are you just gonna jump to the headlines and see who won what first?

I really want to order it on PPV and it all myself, but I'd have to wait a whole 'nother week, and the suspense is already KILLING me! Arrgh.




--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4584764 -

Never set foot in one of their stores, and I doubt I ever will...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4584783 -

I love ikea. I bought one of the wooden floating chairs with ottoman. I have had it for a few years already, its still in great shape, plus I can wash the covers of the pads on the chairs in the washing machine.
Their style tends to be very contemporary too, which I love.

<3 IKEA


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: champ]
    #4585738 -

champ said:
If you go second-hand shopping you can find the real vintage stuff that today's trendy "scandinavian" designs are mostly based on.



I love the art deco and empire furniture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4586613 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Phychotron said:
you have to watch out at ikea, they sneak in crap with the regular stuff



everywhere you go, the regular stuff is crap, try finding a new coffee table made
of actual wood, not the particle board crap, thats all anyone carries unless
you hit an antique shop (no longer new) or have it custom built, the sad part
you can pay $150 at a place like Ikea or $1700 at a place like ScanHaus



You just need to look around. There are plenty of furniture stores around here that sell solid wood furniture at reasonable prices.. the just don't advertise on TV.

Any furniture you can buy from a chain store for next to nothing is going to be crap, its a no-brainer.

Fuck IKEA, Fuck walmart.. truly: fuck the whole lot of em.

(I like trying to make my own furniture... except for couches... they're tricky.)

Bed I made:


Shelf:


In short, just buy some wood and make your own shit.. its much less expensive, not very difficult.. and at the same time its pretty damn fun. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: Jared]
    #4586622 -

If you can learn Cabinet making and do it well, you could make some serious $$ selling furniture to snobby rich fucks for exorbitant prices!  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: Jared]
    #4586685 -

Jared said:
You just need to look around. There are plenty of furniture stores around here that sell solid wood furniture at reasonable prices.. the just don't advertise on TV.




I searched for several months, I checked out every major brand of furniture including broyhill and Lane, the salesmen swore the stuff was solids with
a veneer, peel away the veneer and you find particle boad... sure I can settle
for solid oak or pine but then I'm settling for common and solid crap... I
prefer the look of closed grain hardwoods like maple, cherry and ipe, I like
walnut, mahogany and a host of others that furniture used to be made from
but finding it today without a particle board underlay is damned near
impossible, even Henredon has come to produce what I dispise in furniture,
how can they even call it fine furniture any more

Nice stuff BTW, I'm not big on pine but that bed looks pretty good,
as for building a sofa, nab one from a dumpser, strip off the upholstry and
check out how simple it really is

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is IKEA so damn great? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4586736 -

unfortunately they don't air pride live here in finland via pay per view. we have to wait patiently until it's ripped by some japanese bloke or by an american viewer...WOOO I CANT WAIT!!!! should be on in a few hours in japan :grin: :grin:

GO FEDOR
GO OVEREEM (though he probably won't win)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Warning: Don't buy shit from IKEA
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 5,394 43 11/15/06 10:14 PM
by EndlessNameless
* J's Bogus Ikea Adventure DoctorJ 565 3 04/06/06 08:13 PM
by Wysefool
* Anyone heard of Ikea?
( 1 2 all )
phishytrip 1,430 23 12/05/05 10:23 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Cheap furniture? Hefe 1,032 12 12/04/06 05:37 AM
by Schwip
* IKEA furniture instructions are wretched RandalFlagg 1,252 14 12/16/05 08:18 PM
by Mcdoopy
* Poll: Do you Dumpster Dive?
( 1 2 3 all )
FreeLaws1_6 6,616 42 02/19/05 06:23 PM
by FreeLaws1_6
* Anyone sleep on an Ikea mattress/bed?
( 1 2 all )
PDU 3,931 36 08/24/11 08:13 PM
by Maverick
* ikea mattress? pong 861 6 08/23/08 10:31 PM
by Lndrydusting

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,461 topic views. 8 members, 5 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.