Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous
    #4547665 - 08/17/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Grief-stricken mother of a fallen soldier called "nearly treasonous" by Bill O'Reilly for her stance against the War and for speaking out against Bush.

Note his cowardly use of the word "nearly" so he has an out when cornered. He knows damn well it is not even remotely treasonous, but wants to continue to poison his audience with falsehoods.

Some conservatives it seems, would love to do away with that pesky First Amendment right to Free Speech.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: Swami]
    #4547696 - 08/17/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It is the greatest, most magnificent Republican manipulation in our day, is it not?

"Do you support the war in Iraq?"
"No."
"Why? Are you a terrorist? A traitor? ARE YOU A TERRORIST SYMPATHIZER? SADDAM HAD TIES TO AL-QAEDA AND THEY FLEW OUR OWN PLANES INTO OUR BUILDINGS. ARE YOU STUPID?"

It's a brilliant way of making people shut the fuck up. You either support the war 100%, no matter what, or you hate your own country.

Edited by bukkake (08/17/05 05:35 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #4547699 - 08/17/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well even so, she is pretty damn irritating. I don't see why they give so much media attention to a single self-important people. There are plenty of Republicans that lost family members and don't use them so blantantly to justify squaking their already longstanding political prejudace. I think if her son was stil alive she would be doing the same thing. She doesn't even listen to the people she opposes and keeps saying the same things over and over.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4547705 - 08/17/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dissent = Treason.

:thumbdown:

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
    #4547722 - 08/17/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Are you surprised by this

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4547741 - 08/17/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

An Open Letter to George W. Bush from Cindy Sheehan

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-8_11_05_CS_pf.html

Dear George,

You don?t mind if I call you George do you? When you sent me a letter offering your condolences on the death of my son, Spc. Casey Austin Sheehan, in the illegal and unjust war on Iraq, you called me Cindy, so I naturally assume we are on a first name basis.

George, it has been seven months today since your reckless and wanton foreign policies killed my son, my big boy, my hero, my best-friend: Casey. It has been seven months since your ignorant and arrogant lack of planning for the peace murdered my oldest child. It has been two days since your dishonest campaign stole another election?but you all were way more subtle this time than in 2000, weren?t you? You hardly had to get the Supreme Court of the United States involved at all this week.

You feel so proud of yourself for betraying the country again, don?t you? You think you are very clever because you pulled the wool over the eyes of some of the people again. You think that you have some mandate from God?that you can ?spend your political capital? any way that you want. George you don?t care or even realize that 56,000,000 plus citizens of this country voted against you and your agenda. Still, you are going to continue your ruthless work of being a divider and not a uniter. George, in 2000 when you stole that election and the Democrats gave up, I gave up too. I had the most ironic thought of my life then: "Oh well, how much damage can he do in four years?" Well, now I know how much you have damaged my family, this country, and this world. If you think I am going to allow you another four years to do even more damage, then you truly are mistaken. I will fight for a true vote count and if that fails, your impeachment. Also, the impeachment of your Vice President. The only thing is, I'm not politically savvy, and I don't have a Karl Rove to plan my strategy, but I do have a big mouth and a righteous cause, which still mean something in this country, I hope.

All of this lying, fooling, and betraying must be ?hard work? George. You really think you know what hard work is?

George, let me tell you what ?hard work? really is.

Hard work is seeing your oldest son, your brave and honorable man-child go off to a war that had, and still has, no basis in reality. Hard work is worrying yourself gray and not being able to sleep for 2 weeks because you don?t know if your child is safe.

Hard work is seeing your son?s murder on CNN one Sunday evening while you?re enjoying the last supper you?ll ever truly enjoy again.

Hard work is having three military officers come to your house a few hours later to confirm the aforementioned murder of your son?your first born?your kind and gentle sweet baby.

Hard work is burying your child 46 days before his 25th birthday. Hard work is holding your other three children as they lower the body of their big ?baba? into the ground. Hard work is not jumping in the grave with him and having the earth cover you both.

But, Dear George, do you know what the hardest work of all is? Trying to digest the fact that the leader of the country that your family has fought for and died for, for generations, lied to you and betrayed your dear boy?s sense of honor and exploited his courage and exploited his loyalty to his buddies. Hard work is having your country abandon you after they killed your son. Hard work is coming to the realization that your son had his future robbed from him and that you have had your son's future and future grand-children stolen from you. Hard work is knowing that there are so many people in this world that have prospered handsomely from your son's death.

George, I must confess that I and my family worked very HARD to re-defeat you this time, but you refuse to stay defeated. Well, we are watching you very carefully. We are going to do everything in our power to have you impeached for misleading the American people into a disastrous war and for mis-using and abusing your power as Commander-in-Chief. We are going to scream until our last breath to bring the rest of our babies home from this quagmire of a war that you have gotten our country in to: before too many more families learn the true meaning of Hard Work. We know it is going to be an uphill battle, knowing how Republican Congress is, but thanks to you, we know the meaning of Hard Work and we?re not afraid of hard work at all.

The 56,000,000 plus citizens who voted against you and your agenda have given me a mandate to move forward with my agenda. Also, thanks to you and your careless domestic policies, I am unemployed, so this will be my full-time job. Being your political downfall will be the most noble accomplishment of my life and it will bring justice for my son and 1125 (so far) other brave Americans and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis your lies have killed. By the way, George, how many more innocent Iraqis are your policies going to kill before you convince them that you are better than Saddam? How many more of their cities are you going to level before you consider that they are liberated? If you really had any moral values, or if you were an honorable man at all you would resign. My son was a man who had high moral values and true courage. Humanity lost a bright light on April 04, 2004. I will live the rest of my life missing Casey desperately. Thank you for that, George. Have a nice day.

God Bless America!! We surely need it!

Cindy Sheehan

I wish the sick bitch would shut up.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4547742 - 08/17/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Come on, Divided. We know where you stand, but can't you directly address the issue presented? It is about Free Speech, not whether you care for the lady in question nor the media coverage.

There are plenty of Republicans that lost family members ...
But none in power who voted for the war. Dems neither.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4547756 - 08/17/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Although I have absolutely no use for O'Reilly, Cindy Sheehan has shown herself to be a complete asshole. Disowned by her family, divorced by her husband, lieing about her son when she says he wanted no part of combat (he volunteered, re-enlisted and volunteered for the mission he was on), blaming everything on Jews and oil, backtracked on her own statements after her meeting with Bush, the woman has clearly come unhinged and what the Kosmonauts and the NY Times and their ilk are doing to her is disgraceful. She should be in a rest home and not on the front pages.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4547777 - 08/17/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

O'Reilly was clearly exaggerating his point. I think the statement was careless and dumb, but I don't think he REALLY means it. But even if he sort of means it it is pretty ridiculous. O'Reilly shouldn't get his panties in a bunch over one loudmouthed person.

However, Zappa is right. That lady is raving looney and does not deserve national attention.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4547788 - 08/17/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Like Divided, and as is your usual wont, you are unable to address the issue at hand. Start a separate thread if you wish, but try to discuss the topic which is Free Speech and treason, not any personality.

What is it about right-wingers and reading comprehension?

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#4547832 - 08/17/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not a right-winger. And like I said O'Reilly was overstating because he was pissed off, like when people say "this is the coolest ever". I shouldn't have to explain that the word choice does not mean the person really believes the object to be the best thing ever in the infinite universe. Dissent and even sedition are protected under the First Amendment. Bill O'Reilly really doesn't think she should end up like Aldrich Ames for her opinions. Although mike Savage might.

--------------------

Edited by Divided_Sky (08/17/05 06:05 PM)

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#4547833 - 08/17/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Bill O'Reilly is such a fucking tool...and god knows with the number of people he's pissed off he's gonna screw-up big time one of these days and be totally fucked for all the nation to see.

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4547837 - 08/17/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Press ignores mother's extremism

RE: "A mother's protest," Aug. 16

Along with the mainstream media, The Examiner's editorial regarding Cindy Sheehan fails to point out that she already met with President Bush back in June 2004 after her son was killed in Iraq.

After that meeting, she complimented Bush while indicating her opposition to the war in Iraq, saying, "I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis ... I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

Meanwhile, knowing that she makes an ideal poster-child for agitation against the Iraq war, her left-wing associates have apparently radicalized her into making wild criticisms of Bush ? which our mainstream media have failed to report.

http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/08/17/opinion/threads/69threads17.txt

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4547893 - 08/17/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Grief-stricken mother of a fallen soldier called "nearly treasonous" by Bill O'Reilly for her stance against the War and for speaking out against Bush.

Note his cowardly use of the word "nearly" so he has an out when cornered. He knows damn well it is not even remotely treasonous, but wants to continue to poison his audience with falsehoods.

Some conservatives it seems, would love to do away with that pesky First Amendment right to Free Speech.

Cowardly use of the word nearly? Note Swami's cowardly discounting of O'Reilly's use of a qualifier. Note Swami's cowardly use of the word "poison" when one expresses a viewpoint which he does not share. Note Swami's cowardly extrapolation that anything O'Reilly said encompassed an infringement on free speech. Note Swami's cowardly perversion of the first amendment to include any heinous speech that he likes.

What is it about cowardly left wingers and reading comprehension that they don't understand that each and every word in a sentence impacts the meaning of the sentence.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4547943 - 08/17/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A third time. Is ignorance rampant?  :rolleyes:

Your post has NOTHING to do with the topic on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, now does it?

I clearly failed to mention a name for a reason, so that for once in the history of PAL, would might actually discuss a specific issue.

--------------------

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4547957 - 08/17/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
However, Zappa is right. That lady is raving looney and does not deserve national attention.

I'd rather listen to her all day, everyday, over that ridiculous story in Aruba they're fixated on. Anything but that.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: O'Reilly thinks using your rights may be Treasonous [Re: bukkake]
    #4547966 - 08/17/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lol

or how about we send the crazy bitch to Aruba?

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4547984 - 08/17/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Silly me, I thought I responded completely to your original post. In every one of it's fatuous facets, although my favorite was the cowardly distortion angle, which the first amendment grants you the right to. I didn't see a question there, or even an invitation to a debate. Just a cowardly corruption of O'Reilly's statement. To which I bravely responded. Are you getting my fucking point yet?

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4547999 - 08/17/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
A third time. Is ignorance rampant?  :rolleyes:

Your post has NOTHING to do with the topic on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, now does it?

I clearly failed to mention a name for a reason, so that for once in the history of PAL, would might actually discuss a specific issue.

On topic:

What you are seeing is not representative of probably 95% of the Republicans out there. This "New Conservative" trend started with Gingrich and his minions would love to throw many of the civil rights out the window. Unfortunately for the Republicans, these New Conservatives are the people making the most noise.

There are two things that can be done to bring legitimacy back to the shit-flinging new Republican Party.

1. They can condemn the people like Coulter, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh and embrace clean politics (heaven forbid).

2. Admit the lies and flase conspiracies they've created the last 10 years.

Like I said before, these people are not typical of the Republican Party. They need to be dismissed as the frauds they are by their own for this shit to be cleared up.

Off-Topic: Both the woman and O'Reilly are lying, disgusting beasts.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4548009 - 08/17/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Come home with your shield, or upon it"

-A Spartan mother equips her son

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom