Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
eating gun barrels is fun
    #4525201 - 08/12/05 01:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So many posts about suicide, and I don't see many supporting it.

What if the person seriously just doesn't want to live anymore...

Everyone goes through their ups and downs, and alot of people consider suicide as a way to get away from temporary problems, and this I agree is wrong.

But what about the select few who (even when everythings going great) want to die?

I mean it would sound silly for an 18 year old to say hes done living... But what if he really means it?

How can choosing your fate be illegal anyways?

Since the age of 13 I have wanted to die so strongly that I have had many attempts which have gone unsuccessful - Including stabbing myself in the stomach with a pair of scissors during an 8th grade math class. Somehow after so many unsucessful attempts I have come to find I cannot bring myself to attempt suicide anymore. Although my passion for what lies on the other side burdens me to the point that I think im crazy, I cannot. If a loaded gun were to be laid in my hands, that would be the end of everything.

Does anyone have any supportive comments towards suicide?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineperceptionist
Doc

Loc: Flooby Nooby
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4525272 - 08/12/05 02:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, I am glad you brought this up. I have been too scarce lately on the shroomery, really miss it. I swear I am fascinated by the thought of looking ahead to that next chapter. No one I know will entertain such topics of discussion. I usually get that unwelcome constricting concern from everyone which seems to water down any serious discussion on the matter. I have no idea if I could bring myself to directly make that transition but have thought about putting myself in enjoyable situations that increased the possibility of death. I guess for me it's a sense of impatience to get on with the show y' know

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

-Dr. Seuss

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4525984 - 08/12/05 09:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You stabbed yourself in the stomach with a pair of scissors?!

Man it takes balls to suicide by stabbing yourself.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4526082 - 08/12/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There's no such thing as attempted suicide. If you're really committed to this whole death thing, it ain't that hard to do.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4526093 - 08/12/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thats pretty true if you think about it...

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #4526791 - 08/12/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Does life matter?

..Havnt yet figured that out... Lots of mushroom to eat! Wouldnt want to miss those moments, but when im down in the dirt I have thought about doing a Hunter Thompson a few times.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4526816 - 08/12/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Suicide isn't good or bad, but it's hard for me to make supportive comments towards it when it really doesn't further any goal. We're all going to die anyway, so suicide is just bringing the future to the now. Either way your end is the same.

Let that be your encouragement.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4526859 - 08/12/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here's the way I view suicide.

You are an independent entity, and as such, you have the absolute unalienable right to autonomy. That includes the right to end your life.

I too have entertained thoughts of suicide, as I would imagine many people have. But, I think that the essence in all of us (the Indians call it atman) is eternal, and that everything around us, including our physical bodies, is simply the expression of the eternal, just in the physical plane of space-time. It's a trip, it's neither good, nor is it bad. I intend to spend my time in the physical plane to the fullest, and I will not end my life early.

That being said, I am also a nihilist. My thoughts being that we all are born and we ALL WILL die eventually, our bodies will rot and decay and be eaten by maggots and other worms and creatures. Since we all will die and there's no possible way to avoid it or get around that, then anything and everything we do here is utterly pointless. With that knowledge, dying earlier or later in life makes very little difference.

My signature says hedonihilism, which is an extension of my nihilistic beliefs: SINCE nothing matters, then why not live life to the fullest and do whatever it is that makes you as happy as possible, so long as it doesn't interfere with the happiness or well-being of others.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: dblaney]
    #4527570 - 08/12/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you believe your third paragraph, then you can't really be a Nihilist. :wink:

Why put off the inevitable anyway? Life is just suffering, so what's the point of forcing yourself to stay here and take more and more of it until you finally die and get eaten by the worms? Everything you do will be washed away; everyone you know and their descendents will one day die. All stars will fade out, all life will end until finally the universe is just a massive, lifeless vaccuum. There is no God nor afterlife, as these are just delusions created in the mind of humans, and when the human dies, these delusions will also pass away.

I don't know why you should bother staying here. :shrug: But someone who does is called an absurdist hero.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: Ravus]
    #4528503 - 08/13/05 12:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know where to really start. Though I do feel bad that you have nothing to live for. Who's cares if you know your going to die, your descendants die, universe dies. You should live life in the present, not in the past or future.

You know I have also had suicidal thoughts a couple times throughout myself, what keeps me from doing it is knowing that your taking the pussy way out. And how selfish it is. This changes from person to person so no hate comments about that.

Why do bears shit in the woods? Why is life meant to be lived? It just is.

Are you 100 percent sure that GOD is an illusion? No. Is their 100 percent proof that GOD exists? no. I don't know, I am having a hard finding the words that I feel cursing through me right now. You just have to know you have a purpose in your short life span. Its a question I would love to come up during a post trip.

You just don't know. You just live life the way you think you should and it what beliefs you think are true. Nothing is certain in life, except for the uncertainty.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #4529470 - 08/13/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i just think you're trying too hard to be edgy.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #4529643 - 08/13/05 08:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

*Mod edit: If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. Please refresh yourself with forum rules.*

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by EllemyshShade (08/13/05 12:55 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: RedNucleus]
    #4530176 - 08/13/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone,

This is a place of support. The rules in this forum are quite clear on what is permissible here. Any flaming or nasty remarks will be removed. Please keep this in mind. Suicide is *always* a touchy subject, but this forum is not the place to condemn others for their attitudes and behaviors on the topic.

Think before you post.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Arp]
    #4531208 - 08/13/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4532312 - 08/14/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok well say this thought of a conciousness after life is just a delusion of the brain. either way, I am extremely fascinated in experiencing death. Does it all just end in a blanket of darkness? I would expect. Have you ever tried not to think? You can't! It's impossible! the thought of not thinking sounds inticing.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4532333 - 08/14/05 01:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
either way, I am extremely fascinated in experiencing death. 

Don't worry.  You'll get the chance.  :wink:  :heart:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: eating gun barrels is fun [Re: MOTH]
    #4533556 - 08/14/05 11:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im not worried ^_^

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4535312 - 08/14/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You ought to practice meditation. Meditation is the act of quieting your mind: experiencing no thoughts. Plus, when you're done, you're still alive and can experience love.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4536335 - 08/14/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I feel that unless you have a terminal disease and only face pain and slow death, then suicide should be considered. There's been a couple of times I've wanted to do that, but when I came out the other end, I've very glad I didn't. As for someone whose 18 and tired of life already - well that person should seek help! 18 is so very young, and there's so much potential there - too much to waste like that.....

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #4558759 - 08/20/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm very hypocritical when it comes to suicide. I've often told myself that I really need to just kill myself or die ... but the fact that I am infinitely afraid of death keeps this thought only just that, a thought.

I would also say that if anyone seriously wanted to end their life, they should have the freedom to make the choice to end it. But then again, if someone I knew and/or love was going through this, I could not emotionally let them take their own life, and I would do all I could to prevent that from happening.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies