Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKras
Female

Mushroom Tea
    #4476691 - 07/31/05 10:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello Shamans and all other trippers!
I'm going to collect some mountain Liberty Caps and I always put them into some small container and fill this with boiling water. It works pretty well but I heard that it decreases Magic Power of this mixture. I ask others for advices how to prepare really good tea! Other questions are as follows:
2) Sugar is decreasing amount of psilocin in brain, so what are experiences of those that ate&drunk fixed amount of shrooms - with sugar/orange juice/honey and if it was higher or lower trip level?
3) How much of a trip do you loose if you prepare yourself a tea and throw out shrooms and don't eat them while drinking hot water that is left?
4) How long should I leave shrooms in hot water to extract as much psilocybin as possible?
The more scientific answers - the better.

Sorry for bad English! THX!

--------------------
enjoy life!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: Kras]
    #4477278 - 07/31/05 03:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Boil water to a strong boil, Turn off heat then throwin in the shrooms. Drink when teh water has cooled. Works perfect everytime.. Sugar wont effect anything. You shouldnt loose any amount of trip from making tea, tho it will come on quicker and harder.

Its a tried and true method and Id concider Scientific.

Offlinelovepalace
FunGuy
Male

Loc: God's Country
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: Legoulash]
    #4480724 - 08/01/05 01:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This is what works for me, first I chop or grind the shrooms as much as possible. Second bring 1-2 cups of water to a boil and drop in the ground shrooms. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer or a filter of some sort (i.e coffee filter or a piece of cloth). Press or squeeze as much water from the shrooms as possible. If you are concerned about getting everything out of the shrooms you can repeat the process a second time with fresh water and maybe reduce the amount of water so that you don't have so much to drink when you are finished. I have used this process more times than I can count with no noticeable potency loss. If you are still concerned about getting everything out you should just eat them, It's the only way to be sure, however It's not necessary. especially if you are concerned about your stomach! The active chemicals only make up about 1% of the fruit bodies, It's the other 99% that make you sick! As for the ginger and tea or what ever you want to flavor the water with is best added after the boiling process however I don't think it makes much difference. A little lemon juice in the water during the boiling process will help prevent oxidation and help in the extraction process IMO. As far as the ginger I would start with about a tsp. then taste. If you like the taste of ginger than you could add more. It's really trial and error, Everyone reacts differently. All I know for sure is if you avoid eating the fruit bodies you will have less stomach problems. Good luck and enjoy!!!!

--------------------
Reality is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!

OfflineKras
Female

#4481491 - 08/01/05 05:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Are shrooms toxic? My friends says that they are because they have sever problems...

--------------------
enjoy life!

Offlinebearmtn
Stranger
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: Legoulash]
    #4490762 - 08/03/05 06:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've only made tea from dried shrooms. Back in the 70s when I lived in Olympia I collected large amounts of P. Baeocystis. I would dry them completely and make tea just as you would regular tea; pour boiling water over them in a coffee cup. I couldn't notice any difference in potency compaed to them fresh, but then again Baeos are so blasted potent anyway. On an empty stomach you would start to feel the tea within ten minutes, even before finishing the cup. I never even consumed the rehydrated caps. Like blasting off in a rocket. No slow come ons this way.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: bearmtn]
    #4490851 - 08/03/05 06:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I say boil them heavily for between 10 and 60 minutes. Water will be tan/brown, mushrooms must sink when removed from heat. Strain and discard mushrooms, steep with a normal tea bag or two, should not need sugar. There will be less potency loss from the heat than what you miss and passes through you when eating. If your tea does not get you higher than eating, you are not boiling long enough.
I just relate this to well over 100 experiences, but everything I read here seems to suggest problems with heat, have a feeling it is relayed from stuff they read, not from personal experience. In an inert lab, pure actives react to heat at much lower temps than when in a fruitbody boiling in water. I boil tea down for an hour and then bake at 450 for 25 minutes to make space muffins and brownies and the heat does not decrease the potency.
Look at the replies on this board to a question on smoking DMT or dropping acid and 4 out of 5 begin with "I've never tried DMT/LSD but I know that..."
This heat/tea thing is what actually got me to sign up here instead of lurking. Boiling is better, anyone who has done so should agree.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineKras
Female

#4494267 - 08/04/05 11:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'll try it later but now I cannot - I'll go to a place where I need more "cover" action than sitting in public kitchen in full vacation seson :wink:. I'll drink them right where I collect them :wink:.

--------------------
enjoy life!

Invisibledoubledutch
Morado PR

Loc: Puerto Rico
    #4498868 - 08/05/05 05:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Personally, I have a tea-maker. It is a small ceramic kettle (3 to 4 cups worth) with a removable wiremesh cup in the top opening. You just have the pot empty (no water) and then have a mixture of 1 part loose green tea and 3 parts chopped up roomies (as friggin small as you can get those fuckers - use the chive roll-chopping tecnique on a cutting board). After the wiremesh cup is full you pour your boiling water through it and into the kettle, filling it to its brim and submerging the cage. Put the top on, and let brew. After you have poured the cup, sprinkle a few more of your leftover chopped roomies into it (floating like chives in wonton soup) and spritz with lemon or orange. Never posted before, my favorite recipe... enjoyed often and created by myself. Hope you enjoy it as much as me. 8)

--------------------
"A delightful, wholesome experience for the family." - Desson Thomson, THE WASHINGTON POST

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5481456

omfg~dutch!

Edited by doubledutch (08/05/05 05:59 AM)

Offlineseatrip
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: doubledutch]
    #4498900 - 08/05/05 07:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

tea's the best :guinness: light boil 30 mins kills worms or other stuff from wild

OfflineKras
Female

#4506265 - 08/07/05 08:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't like an idea of being hunted by worm's spirit :wink:. Besides in poland there are only semilanceatas, so they are small enough to be sure that there is no need to do anything except maybe washing them in cold war from dirt and grass.

--------------------
enjoy life!

OfflineKras
Female

#4506267 - 08/07/05 08:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well... I have ceramic cup that has removable "basket" (sorry for bad English). You just put shrooms there, cover it and wait till it's ready. Than you uncover it, take out this "basket" with shrooms and enjoy this magical mixture. I'll try it soon if Spirits of Holy Mushrooms will bless us with sufficient amount of Small Friends :wink:

--------------------
enjoy life!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience