Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZiggyStardust
Hiruko

Mushroom Tea = Insanity?
    #590516 - 03/26/02 10:09 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Where I live there's practically no drug scene, everyone's pretty happy smoking pot and snorting coke. Recently I heard of some drink called joy juice , but paid it no attention until some friends of mine tried it and said it was mushroom tea. That pretty much caught my attention. Then. I'm told that I should stay away from it and mushrooms in general..because people who use them end up in the psychiatric ward. I've been reading about 'shrooms for a while, but have never come across any stories like this. Is there any real possibility of going insane after tripping on mushroom tea (overdosing etc) or could this be the result of ingesting poisonous mushrooms?

--------------------
Come down, slowly. I'm waiting by your side
Come down, carefully. I'm waiting by your side

I'll grab you when you fall. Down to the waking hours
Silent sweeps as golden corn. Down to the waking hours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: Mushroom Tea = Insanity? [Re: ZiggyStardust]
    #591553 - 03/28/02 01:11 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

To actually overdose on mushrooms you must eat near your body weight, which is doubtful you could do. A safe dose for a newbie would be no more than 1.5 grgams of tea, the reason I say this is tea is absorbed through the body faster than chewing whole shrooms. With tea the trip is a bit stonger and shorter trhan other ingestions..

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Mushroom Tea = Insanity? [Re: ZiggyStardust]
    #591675 - 03/28/02 07:13 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

David bowie was a god!!

--------------------

InvisibleNeiL

Loc: Scotland, UK
Re: Mushroom Tea = Insanity? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #591765 - 03/28/02 09:55 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

was??!?!?

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: Mushroom Tea = Insanity? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #592412 - 03/28/02 11:52 PM (22 years, 5 days ago)

I like the new XM satelitte radio commercial where he crashes through a roof from the heavens. Kinda a Deus ex Macina (sp?) ring to it.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: Mushroom Tea = Insanity? [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #592873 - 03/29/02 01:47 PM (22 years, 5 days ago)

deux ex machina.

wow, i didn't know other people actually knew that term... you must be smart, lol.

i drank some mushroom tea in jamaica a few weeks ago (because shrooms are legal there), and it was pretty crazy. from what i've heard, people say mushroom tea kicks in amazingly fast for them, so i drank mine really slow. maybe over a twenty minute period. i started to feel pretty weird, nice body buzz. however, it took about an hour and a half to actually start tripping. kind of odd. i knew i was when i was lying on the beach watching the sunset and this one big fluffy cloud turned into a dragon and flew across the sky. then i decided to go for a skinny dip... hehe. it was ok though, because the whole beach was clothing optional.

moral of the story: go to jamaica.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Mushroom Tea = Insanity? [Re: lissa]
    #593156 - 03/29/02 08:04 PM (22 years, 4 days ago)

>people say mushroom tea kicks in amazingly fast for them,

Of course it does, but only if you drink it at once.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder