Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
Casings can kiss my ass :) contaminated Duno what it is
    #4474136 - 07/30/05 06:14 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so my first grow went really well, only one contam outa about 10 or more ... but made two casings, one B+ and one Golden teacher.... the b+ showed good signs and i could see from the side of the container that the mycelium was growing ... i knew i should of covered the inside with tinfoil but i wanted to see it, so i covered the outside with tinfoil ... so a done it in a lunch box ... put a layer of sterile vermiculite in the bottom about half inch ... then crumbled my pf cakes into roughly the size of popcorn (when popped haha not the kernels) maybe even bigger then that ... and put a 3/4 inch layer of them ... then put a half inch of 60/40 coco-coir/verm  .. but i have to say i sterilized both the verm and coco in the microwave :/

Anyways done the casing and put the air tight lid back on and put into incubator... after 2 weeks i was thinking im doing something wrong cause i could see something growing on the side and TINY bits of mycelium coming up the corner from b+ but not like what should be happening so i put b+ into fruiting chamber and took off the lid ... golden teacher was showing NO sign of growth!!!

then one day just showed a feck load of cobweb growth... ive been spraying it every day with h202 3% but it dies off and comes back the next day

.... and now today i find this fecking thing on my b+ in the fruiting chamber .... im seriously after loosing all hope in casings ... ill just do twice the amount of cakes haha.

oh i put the lid back on that b+ cause i dont want that spreading ... oh and its a pink colour some of the pics make it look orange

although i must say ... it looks like sweets (candy for the americans :smile: hehe ) but im not going to eat it :smile: .... should casing be this hard :smile:

Im buying a PC next week so would this make a difference or is casing just full of contams

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
Re: Casings can kiss my ass :) contaminated Duno what it is [Re: TheLegend]
    #4474139 - 07/30/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh the main part of this post ... what the fuk is it and how did i get it :frown: .. oh and should i throw the casing out? its was only tiny this morning and i sprayed it with h202 3% and done nothing but withing 12 hours it grew that much

Edited by TheLegend (07/30/05 06:16 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4477561 - 07/31/05 05:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

no clue as to what that thing is, but i can tell you from AFOAF
experience that he forgot to put a trash bag in his casing and put tinfoil afterwards and it still pinned like a mother f'er all around the sides, ended up taking it out and now he has a very large square cake lol.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
Re: Casings can kiss my ass :) contaminated Duno what it is [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4480287 - 08/01/05 10:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i just wanted to see the sides growing more as an experiment so i could tell roughly the time scale needed etc, but these two casings have just been night mares, like it took two weeks for basically nothing to happen. before i birthed them

I think i put the chunks too big, even though the tek said "like big candy cunks"

Agh sure im going to try one more time, but this time im going to use a PC and if i get contam again ill just stick to cakes till i get some poo

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4480895 - 08/01/05 02:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

not BIG, about the size of whoppers, or if you have a cheese grater that works very well, just make sure that you spread it evenly before you put the casing layer on it. only make the casing layer about an inch or 2 thick.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineChickenNugget
Pet Peave

Re: Casings can kiss my ass :) contaminated Duno what it is [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4486839 - 08/02/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like a hairy orange beast is tripping his balls off..... Thats why he has his head down and cant see..

Im drunk. Sorry.

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom"
-Tool - Third Eye

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Casings can kiss my ass :) contaminated Duno what it is [Re: ChickenNugget]
    #4488601 - 08/03/05 05:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

you should put some pure bleach and kill the fucka , always works for me !

OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
Re: Casings can kiss my ass :) contaminated Duno what it is [Re: liveby]
    #4488743 - 08/03/05 08:25 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I just scooped out the orange parts and a good bit around it, and its not growing back yet but i havnt put it back in the fruiting chamber ... seriously casings are a pain in the arse

You cant go wrong with cakes, just make more of them and that way you end up with the same amount of shrooms as if you done a casing :smile:

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #4494921 - 08/04/05 02:14 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That's Lipstick mold. Make sure to get all of the casing layer off and start new. Once Lipstick starts to turn from white to red and then on to orange, there are millions of spores being produced by the fungus. After you get the casing layer cleaned off as good as you can, lightly mist the crumbled cakes with a spray bottle consisting of a bleach solution at a 1:200 ratio with H20. Allow the sub to recover for 24 hours and recase it.

If you try to remove the mold only and then mist the remainder of the casing layer with the bleach solution, that should work as well. It's up to you. Make sure you do the removal outside, away from your grow area. A mask certainly doesn't hurt either for your protection.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum