Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLa_casper
journeyman

Contamination ???? (with Pics)
    #779616 - 07/27/02 05:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Both of these jars are EQ. The jars are birdseed/vermiculite. There were a total of 6 jars all together, all 6 had signs just like these pics, these pics are the worst!
I pretty much know these are contaminated, but what i was wondering is if i did something wrong or if the syringe itself might have been bad....
Yes they were P. Cooked, tek was followed to a T.
The same time these were made 6 Hawaians were also made and so far they are great. N o Problems, which leads me to think i did not do anything wrong!

The only differeance was after P. cooking the Hawians sat all night long to cool off...where as the EQ did not have as long to cool.....ONLY DIFFEREANCE.

Can someone give me some wise words? This was the first time my friend had done anything like this....

thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Contamination ???? (with Pics) [Re: La_casper]
    #779680 - 07/27/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hard to say....could just be mycelium piss, I got that alot with rye. Could also be bacteria, but I would say its not. Let the puppy colonize fully, open it and see if it stinks, if it dont then its prob nothing to worry about. Not saying all contamination smells, but in your case, if any contamination at all, I would say its bacteria which smells.

I wouldnt worry about it, if it is just excretions, that common.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineLa_casper
journeyman

Re: Contamination ???? (with Pics) [Re: pleezr]
    #779719 - 07/27/02 06:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well they have probablly been in the jars for a month.

do you think i should let them go as is til monday, and then try to case them?

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#779895 - 07/27/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Birdseed and verm eh? Is that substrate shakable? A month is a long time to colonize a quart jar of grain(with cubies anyway). From the looks of it, it has a few spots that are uncolonized. If I were you I would open that jar for casing, but remove the uncolonized substrate from it with a spoon or something. Why didnt you just use the seed? Next time I would recomend you leave out the vermiculite.

--------------------
pleezr

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: Contamination ???? (with Pics) [Re: pleezr]
    #779911 - 07/27/02 09:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Wait...that is a pint jar, right? Excuse me So this is a cake and not a shakable substrate I take it, having vermiculite in the mix. I havent seen a PF type jar discharge that much mycelium waste(if that is what it is). I am unsure as to what you should do with it. Being a cake, that is prolly a contam of some sort....I think

Looks exactly like mycelium discharge though.

--------------------
pleezr

Edited by pleezr (07/27/02 09:10 AM)

OfflineLa_casper
journeyman

#783390 - 07/29/02 05:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thankx peeps, for all of the responces...always nice when people are willing to help a newbie out....

and as far as the set up goes.......

they are pint jars
5 cups seed
boiled with 10cups water...
then 3cups of verm. added

then jared.

When first looked into doing something like this, alot and alot of reading was done....
Then "blow-jo" told his way of doing things.....so, figured go with what he was saying to try for the first time. Did not want to do the norm...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures