Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Dad hates Mars Volta
    #4469230 -

Normally I play music all day, and my dad basically listens since we share a wall. But he came in during the first song of Frances the Mute and was like.."I guess I was wrong..thought you had good taste in music". He was smiling obviously..not like mad, but, lol. I can't help but be offended.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: freddurgan]
    #4469238 -

the way he said thats kinda fucked up


--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: freddurgan]
    #4469246 -

I agree with your dad.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: freddurgan]
    #4469257 -

dude I always do this to my parents after they say they hate a band...
I take and make some cd's and keep it playin when they are around and when they ask who it is eventually... then I tell them.

My mom loves tool now. And the mars volta covers a wide spectrum of tastes... I'm sure atleast one of their songs can cover his taste.


--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4469262 -

Locus said:
I agree with your dad.



:thumbup:

Sparta > Mars Volta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Redstorm]
    #4469271 -

at the drive in > mars volta


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Krishna]
    #4469419 -

At the Drive In is harsh and too simple for my tastes, compared to TMV.


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Adamist]
    #4469423 -

Cedrix Bixlar's voice has really evolved since leaving ATDI...

It's just inhuman...
I think he made a deal with the devil!  :satansmoking:


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Adamist]
    #4469424 -

ATDI was pretty simple when I gave it a listen, I agree.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: freddurgan]
    #4469443 -

freddurgan said:
ATDI was pretty simple when I gave it a listen, I agree.



yeah, i agree, but i think they had more 'raw-energy' than mars volta. then again, i haven't really given the mars volta a fair chance, only have listened to them a handful of times. :shrug:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Krishna]
    #4469453 -

Krishna said:
at the drive in > mars volta



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Krishna]
    #4469455 -

Make sure you listen to them with headphones on, or with a good set-up. :thumbup:


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: Adamist]
    #4469567 -

Boy I sure do love reverb...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: TheCow]
    #4470031 -

I like some of the new psychedelic stuff... but the stuff I like like tends to be widely ignored...stuff like Manitoba..excellent!

I've checked out some of the more popular stuff...shpongle, orzic tentacles, juno reactor and it all sounds like clich? ridden bunk to me. I found the orb pretty darn boring to begin with, don't require a rehash.

Haven't heard mars volta, but i suspect they sucks...(me being prejudice)

recommendations..Nuggets...(60's am acid rock anthology..BIG influence on 70's punk rock), Love- Forever Changes, 13th. Floor Elevator- Easter Everywhere...it hurts to have good taste!

Edited by CandyLand (07/29/05 04:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: CandyLand]
    #4470046 -

You sir have peaked my interest, and I'm looking for Manitoba right now.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: freddurgan]
    #4470191 -

"you sir'...so your wise to the fact that i'm just exploring my feminine side with my moniker here? Very perceptive!

Honestly...who hasn't had fantasy of being a stripper..making 800 bucks a night just for 'moving yer stuff about' Not to mention the 'dressing-room' perspective!  :ooo:

Not the most noble ambition, i know... :blush:

Edited by CandyLand (07/29/05 04:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: CandyLand]
    #4470211 -

Manitoba treated me well. Can't find anything but "Jacknuggeted EP", however that was quite good. But I like Caribou and it's the same guy, so..it's to be expected.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: freddurgan]
    #4470220 -

Caribou..milk of human kindness. Nice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: CandyLand]
    #4470264 -

Yep. Classy album.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dad hates Mars Volta [Re: CandyLand]
    #4471612 -

Jesus christ!! Shpongle, Ozric Tentacles AND Juno Reactor, you didn't like.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And then you post the words "good taste" hahahaha!


:grin:  Its all good.



McKennaDMT


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Frances the Mute (Mars Volta) bf6 1,003 12 03/02/05 05:59 PM
by Kada
* are the mars volta any good? iI WENT TO SEE THEM BY COMPLETE RANDOMNESS :)
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 1,782 34 06/03/05 09:13 PM
by mecreateme
* The Mars Volta
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,136 26 07/25/05 01:13 PM
by myndreach
* Woooooooo Mars Volta! Anonymous 983 12 06/08/05 06:52 AM
by baraka
* is anyone going to the mars volta santa cruz show? DOUCHEBALL 795 9 10/06/04 07:45 PM
by unbeliever
* Hating popular music.
( 1 2 3 all )
Innvertigo 7,402 47 03/18/04 10:06 PM
by oDin
* Mars is in Aries
( 1 2 3 all )
AbstractHarmonix 4,241 58 07/02/05 08:19 AM
by Le_Canard
* shpongle - nothing lasts but nothing is lost
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 2,546 24 07/22/05 03:40 AM
by Fospher

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,552 topic views. 5 members, 6 guests and 100 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.