Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineufotofu420
Stranger
west Wa cyanescens
    #444254 - 11/01/01 01:31 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

hello to all mushroom lovers. im new to this forum but far from new to washingtons wonderful fungi. in the last few years past ive been fortunate enough to have a unbelieveable cyan patch that put out thousands upon thousands of cyanescens right in my own backyard and next door where somehow the right wood particles found its way into the grass since i found many with the mycelium tangled around wood particles. this year im fucking frustrated tho since ive moved from there and returned to find my patches dead as shit. the only thing i can think of is that the people treated their lawns with some kind of evil mushroom killinfg bullshit.?,since i always respected the beatiful cyans and left many to reproduce. i found twenty of them in my smaller patch where i used to live and thats all ive gotten this season. i live on camano island where my monster patch was also located and if you dont know where that is its in the area of stanwood,arlington,marysville,mountvernon,everett, and bellingham is a ways north. i have attempted finding new patches but i dont know exactly where to look since my last patch just fell into my lap without much searching. i keep seeing you guys say alder woodchips and mulch but where the hell do you find that?all i ever see is a bunch of red cedar shit. ive looked and looked around in buisinesses flowerbeds and stuff and it just seems hopeless. im sure my fellow western wa shroomers can imagine my frustration in not being able to find and partake in the mushrooms that i have grown to love.any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.im sure my post is already too long so ill cut it off.peace and good shroomin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: west Wa cyanescens [Re: ufotofu420]
    #444413 - 11/01/01 05:30 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

cyans ares knowen to prduce up to 50 pounds in one spot for about 3 years then they seem to fade and move on commonly belived to be the nutrients int he ground going dry

Offlinedebbii077
Stranger
Loc: WA
Re: west Wa cyanescens [Re: ufotofu420]
    #445622 - 11/03/01 11:42 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I wish I could help but I'm in the same situation! I can't find anything and have been looking every day for a month! I'm getting discouraged myself so I decided to try to find out exactly what Liberty Caps look like because I'm sure to find more of those. (I think)
Good Luck..hope you find some!!!

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: west Wa cyanescens [Re: debbii077]
    #445930 - 11/03/01 05:51 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Try the camano island parks dood, look around there for some alder chips. I have a stunzii/baeo patch a ways down the road from camano island and i sometimes think about searching around camano but i havent gotten to it. If you dont have access to parks that have laid down alder or other hardwoods then you can be hard pressed to find a patch. They are growing everywhere in more natural enviroments no doubt but unless you bet real lucky they are hard to find. Sounds like were very lucky with the patch that used to fruit in your backyard. You could also go for a more longterm solution and create and outdoor hardwood bed and get that baby fruiting by next fall.

--------------------
stay off my land

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: west Wa cyanescens [Re: cardboard]
    #447648 - 11/05/01 11:48 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

If you had a car, I would say drive to either b'ham or seattle and hit EVERY park until you find something.

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale