Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Autoclave, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, pH Test Strips, Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Pan. Tropicalis Culvitavtion...
    #442546 - 10/31/01 12:17 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

Ok, I plan on growing some Pan. Tropicalis and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. First off, I grow my shrooms from cakes of Penningtons finch seed with some whole wheat flour. I always drain the seeds in a plastic spoon that has the slits in the bottom after boiling them, then mix that with just enough flour so that its not really wet (but not dry or anything either). Anyway, thats how I plan on doing my cakes... I plan on casing with zoodoo and was thinking about adding a little WWF to that. I've heard that adding wheat straw helps with the Pan species, so I figured the flour might help. Anyway, here's my questions:

-- How thick of a casing layer should I use? (1in?)
-- Should I cover the container that has the cased cakes with syran wrap and allow it to colonize the casing before placing it in my terrarium?
-- Would nuking the zoodoo (10 minutes or so, ralphster44's pan tek) be enough for sterilization and would I need to add any water or anything to it?

I've only grown cubes and I've always just cased them and put it straight into my terrarium, didn't know if it works better to allow it to colonize everything first... I'm assuming it would. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated and if there's anything wrong with my little plan or anything that would improve it, tell me if its not too much to ask ; )

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Loc: WAY out there.
Re: Pan. Tropicalis Culvitavtion... [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #442700 - 10/31/01 03:07 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

First off pan trops, pan cyans and copelandia are the same thing with negligible diffrences(someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
I think your casing will be too thick I think the most you should use is half an inch. And technically zoo doo isn't a casing (being that is has nutrients). If you insist on going this route then I suggest that you break up your colinized substrate and layer it inside about a 1 inch layer of your zoo doo, cover with seran wrap and wait for that to colinise (2 weeks or so)and give it about a little more than a quarter of an inch casing of vermiculite or 50/50 peat/verm.
If you want to make it a little easier then you can use this recipe (It came from Anno):
5 cups vermiculite
3 cups dung
10 tablespoons of brown rice flour
2 cups water
makes 10-12 half pints
If you use this recipe for your original jars then you can pass up the zoo-doo colonisation, and just lay a quarter inch casing on top of your crumbled cakes and be good to go.

--------------------
It might be the early bird that gets the worm. But its the second mouse that gets the cheese

Offlineoutofthisworld2
Stranger
    #442759 - 10/31/01 04:09 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

Notes-
1) Pan Trop is difficult to grow for the first time, I had a failure before I had a success.
2) Bulk methods are appropriate because it doesn't produce a ton. (Well, not a super dooper lot anyway,)
3) If you manage to grow..., do not eat this thing like a Cube. It's a really really potent shroom. It took me a long time to remember my trips on this shroom, and I had a level 5 with about 2grams . (Cave man reality..., everything was huge heads and small bodies and I forgot who I was, anyway, *be carefull*)

Technique I used was -
1) Agar ->
2) Liquid Mycelia, with glass shards in a clear beer bottle and 4% by weight malt/water combination. Put chunk of agar in, and swirl around, it will cut the agar into many pieces. Use a cotton ball wick. Swirl it twice a day. It will take 4-7 days to fully colonize the liquid.
3) By hand gathered cow shit put in an autoclavable bag, the huge ass ones from FP. Cooked @ 15 PSI for a long ass time, 2 hours. There are a lot of people that say don't autoclave because of beneficial bacteria, but when I did that it turned really ugly.

Poor liquid in bag, wait till you can see mycelia in several locations. It doesn't grow as thickly on shit as it does on seed or verm/rice. Pop it in the terrarium in a 6" thick layer, don't go crazy with lots of casing on top, but some on the bottom is a totally cool thing to do. Also make sure if you're using peat to properly even out the Ph in the peat with Lime per directions on Sporeworks site.

After a bit, you'll have a bunch of Pan Trops growing. Enjoy, but once again, be carefull, first dose..., I would *suggest* 1 gram, seriously! And definetly use a scale, this isn't the kind of shroom you can eyeball because the weight is very different from anything else you've ever done probably.

Have a mushroomy day!
ootw

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Pan. Tropicalis Culvitavtion... [Re: outofthisworld2]
    #445860 - 11/03/01 06:24 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflineBJ
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #445866 - 11/03/01 06:44 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Savior,
The recipe and technique provided by Anima from Anno works extremely well for me. (It is less prone to error, and I was successful the first time I used it.) A casing layer of 1/4" is sufficient.
Anima, I find the many of the Copelandia species to be very distinct. (More distinguishable than Cubensis in fact!) Especially the Tropicalis, Cambodginiensis, and the Pan Cyan Hawaii and Cambodia. I wish I had some pictures to show how different they are, hopefully soon I will get a digital camera so I can post them together.

--------------------
I may be going to Hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Re: Pan. Tropicalis Culvitavtion... [Re: BJ]
    #447919 - 11/05/01 06:37 PM (16 years, 20 days ago)

Wow, thanks a lot for all the info : ) The Pan. Trop spores I have came from mushmush (just so you know). I've heard that the copelandia shrooms are very similiar but also have there own distinct characteristics. I wouldn't know from experience, thats just what I've heard. I can't wait to try this shroom : ) Thanks again

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

OfflineMuffinBear
liek

#448403 - 11/06/01 12:44 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

If you want to make it a little easier then you can use this recipe (It came from Anno):
5 cups vermiculite
3 cups dung
10 tablespoons of brown rice flour
2 cups water
makes 10-12 half pints

there used to be a substrate recipe leik this one where you could fruit them right out of the jar. all you had to do was remove the lid and place in your terrium. i'm not sure if this is the same one or not. anyone know??

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5587439 - 05/03/06 09:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The Pan tropiculis available on the OMC has four-spored basidia - suggesting it is a strain of Pan cyanescens,

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pan. Tropicalis Culvitavtion... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5605208 - 05/08/06 04:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

nice bump blue meanie, almost 5 years old. You do a lot of reading of very old threads, don't you?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Pan. Tropicalis Culvitavtion... [Re: mycofile]
    #5607468 - 05/09/06 05:03 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Is it that old? It was down the bottom of the page in the related threads thing.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Autoclave, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, pH Test Strips, Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology