Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoctor_evil
Stranger

Loc: canada
oxygen usage?
    #439491 - 10/28/01 04:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Guys (and gals) i was wondering since marijuana uses extra CO2 piped in to grow quicker, and bigger, and shroomies use oxygen. What would happen if some one was to pump in PURE oxygen into the fruiting chamber instead of just faning the pin heads?

any idea's?

--------------------
I'll get your shroom's... POWERS!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejdub
journeyman
Re: oxygen usage? [Re: doctor_evil]
    #439565 - 10/28/01 06:16 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I remember hearing once that mycelium don't need oxygen; they just don't do very well when smothered by CO2. If you wanted to do this setup, I doubt you need pure oxygen ... just provide enough force to move the heavy CO2 out of the chamber (remember that it will be towards the bottom of the chamber).

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #439841 - 10/28/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

doctor_evil nobody seem to have a real answer to this question. jdub mycellium only needs very small amounts of oxygen when it is colonizing a substrate, but when fruiting the demand for oxygen increases. Now there is approximately only 20% oxygen in air. If you keep pumping more air in you will maintain a 20% oxygen level which is good for shrooms, but if you are using a oxygen source you can raise O2 levels above 20% lets say 50%. I am sure that this will have some effect on growth.

Now the only question is what will the effect be?

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #439848 - 10/28/01 09:25 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It sure as hell can't hurt! (reminds me of the CO2 enrichment tek for weed)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #439858 - 10/28/01 09:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I hear some many people saying this is dangerous(yes it is if you dont know what your doing), but it really isnt if you have worked or have an understanding of oxygen. My alligator is about to experiment with this soon. I think it would help. Blu honey seemed to encourage my efforts so my alligator is all about it. I would show you guys my alligator but my web cam photos are too large to post here. He/she is an american alligator and is a little over 2 1/2 feet now and mean as hell but dam she keeps trying to grow mushrooms i dont know what to do.

OfflineOsh_Kosh_BGosh
journeyman

Re: oxygen usage? [Re: durban_poison]
    #439898 - 10/28/01 10:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

flush it

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Re: oxygen usage? [Re: durban_poison]
    #439994 - 10/28/01 11:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Oxygen can be dangerous if you are not smart about it. Before you try anything make sure you look into the safty precautions you should take when using oxygen. Also do a search on "electrolysis of water" at yahoo. You will find info on a cheap and easy oxygen source. Just make sure that you ventilate the H2 or you might wind up with a explosion.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Invisibletriptor

Loc: Confussion
Re: oxygen usage? [Re: Humidity]
    #440403 - 10/29/01 08:05 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just use regular ambient air. It has worked well for millions of years and will continue to in the future. O2 is very dangerous so don't mess around unless you know all of the approved safety procedures. Hate to see your place go up like a meth lab.

--------------------
Zippity freakin doo dah

Offlinedoctor_evil
Stranger

Loc: canada
    #442564 - 10/30/01 10:30 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies... i was just curious, since mushrooms seem to be totaly opposite of weed. So i was just thinking extra oxygen would improve yield, and groth rates.

on a side not, can anyone tell me why my picture does not come up beside my profile... i can click on it, and it goes to the site that i found the picture, but will not display it on the forums??? any idea's?
thanks

--------------------
I'll get your shroom's... POWERS!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract