Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem...
    #4398444 - 07/13/05 02:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have a very addictive personality i have to say tos tart this off....
'
i used to smoke weed a few times a day, then i stopped smoking weed daly and got it to a weekly point, a few months later i started drinking quite a bit, and recently there is hardly a day that goes by where i dont have atlesat one beer, normally not more than 4 on a weelday.... but the weekends an get harsh.

so today i prommised myself i wasnt going to drink, around 1 this morning i opened one up... and had another.... so im on beer 2 for the day.

i think that this might be some what of a problem for me.... personally i dont really mind drinking, but its effects on my health and motovation are bothering me.

i cant seem to motivate myself to do anything lately...

for the past 2 years i have been working for myself, i was running a landscaping company this summer with 8 contractts that all fell apart a month ago and have not started another business as of yet, although i have one all planned out in my head. all i would have to do is get off my ass and do a days worth of work and i would have money rolling in.

i also have a decent glass bowing setup that i have been ignoring, i could be making fat cash on pipes, but i havent been. tonight i actually made 3 new ones after not working for a month or so......

im getting heavily into debt, about 6k to date on my credit card, which really dosent matter because my aunt left my 50k after she died... which i will be getting at some point in the near future....

oi so much to say im swimming in somthing here and i dont like the way it smells...........

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4398585 - 07/13/05 03:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

think* You may also have a problem spelling :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4398692 - 07/13/05 04:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

2 beers a night isn't really THAT bad. But I wouldn't let it get worse.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: RESTLESS]
    #4398711 - 07/13/05 04:44 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you think you may have a problem that means that you probably have at least the beginning of a problem. Your problem will only get worse with time if you do nothing to stop it. In the end it really just comes down to will power. If its something that you REALLY want/need to stop some event will probably just bring you to the point where wou get your mind set on it.
Lately I've noticed that alot of my "drug" use has been detrimental overall, so I'm planning on at least cutting back, especially on smoking weed. For me the change in mindset came primarily during an intense solo acid trip I had a while back. It also lead to me changing alot of other things about my lifestyle. Psychadelics have consistently been the only drugs that have had an astoundingly positive effect on my life, so you might want to plan a solo trip for sorting things in your life out.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: Twister]
    #4399297 - 07/13/05 12:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Twister351 said:Psychadelics have consistently been the only drugs that have had an astoundingly positive effect on my life.

I hear that, man. Same here.

I'm currently in the midst of a daily smoking habit that I really need to shake... it completely kills my motivation and willpower to do ANYTHING, besides smoke more...

Atleast I'm vaporizing now. heh. (Most of the time anyway..)

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4401475 - 07/13/05 10:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I went through something similar a few years ago.  I was smoking weed on a daily basis and somehow I found the strength to quit using it completely.  I soon found myself drinking every day though :thumbdown:

I was so used to having some form of an escape every day that I couldn't stand having to just be sober all day.  I now see that I was just using it to try and forget about personal problems that I didn't want to deal with at the time.

I finally broke free from the daily drug abuse by turning to a more natural high, in the form of weight lifting.  I was improving my health instead of degrading it.  My confidence, motivation, and general outlook on life all improved greatly as a result.

I still use alcohol but I try to limit it to once a week and only with friends.  Heavy alcohol use leads to low testosterone levels in men which can cause lack of motivation as well as other problems.  My advice to you is find something else to occupy your time other than using substances to dull your perception.  Life is what you make of it.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4401620 - 07/13/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with PowerTrip. You need something in your life, every day or atleast most of the days of the week, to motivate you. Working out and exercising is the best thing I can think of. I like it alot. Getting started SUCKS. Once you get going and get in a groove, though, you'll love it. Guaranteed.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

#4402338 - 07/14/05 04:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Weight lifting IS a great way to keep your mind off of "drugs", whatever they may be. It's also helped me realize just how much of an ill effect my drug use had on me physically and mentally.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4402563 - 07/14/05 08:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think it might be wise for you to do a few things, zippoz.

For starters, sit down and really try and figure out if you are and addict/alcoholic. There's all sorts of guidelines out there that might help you figure out if you are or not. If you are, understand that it's a physical condition and that you will be an addict for life. Next, figure out if you want to make a serious effort to quit drinking. If you do, great. If you don't, that's fine too. But, as Twister said, if you are an alcoholic, it will only get harder to quit as you go on.

If you want to quit, I'd first make a very serious effort to do it on your own. And, as other people have pointed out, one of the best ways to do this is through adding new things to your life and changing the way you look at day to day activities. Excercise, changing your diet and trying to get healthier is an excellent way to approach a withdrawl from substances.

If you really make a strong effort to quit on your own, then fail, there's a strong chance that you won't be able to solve this on your own. Turn to others (friends, family, counselors, AA) for help.

Good luck.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: Gijith]
    #4403237 - 07/14/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hi Trippin,

I am a recovering alcoholic. I have been dry for 5 yrs now. My advice to you would be to first question, "Does your drinking cost you more than money?" If the answer is yes, then it it a problem. The next question you need to ask yourself is "Do I want to do anything about it?" If you do, then seek help from AA. They will let you know your nearest meeting, and they will be able to put you on the path to recovery. Believe me, it works!

One thing that I can tell you is that this illness (Alcoholism) is a progressive illness, which will become worse with time. Sometimes we need to hit rock bottom before we are ready to help ourselves, I hope you never have to experience that, as it is not a nice place to be.

Only you can say if you are an alcoholic or not, but if you decide that this is a problem for you, don't be ashamed to seek the right help. There are plenty of supportive understanding people who live with this everyday of their lives.

Get to a meeting ASAP.........and take it easy on yourself!

Take care.

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: BlueOrb]
    #4403542 - 07/14/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i konw the ins and outs of addiction believe me i do. i spent 10 months straight locvked up for what my parents thought was a serious drug problem, in reality i had smoked weed for 6 months... i was shipped off to texas and then mexico against my will and locked up.... rock bottom is sitting on a beach in a desert in mexico with no money or water making collect calls to your parents who have been convinced that if they take you home that you will be in jail or dead in a week (this is the stroy that they were told by the profesionals which was not the case. )

i also have taken a addictions studies course in school. i know alot about it.

the thing is that im just so bored lately that there is nothing to do. i was running my own landscaping business that fell in the toilet because of some bad planning and very shady customers. does my drinking cost me more than money, no not really, ecept the degredation of my health. i just find myself doing it because im bored...

hopefully in the next week or so ill be getting back on my feet and starting a new business.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

#4405299 - 07/14/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
hopefully in the next week or so ill be getting back on my feet and starting a new business.

Wow.. such resoluteness and dedication. =D

--------------------
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4406395 - 07/15/05 02:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

is that sarcasm? really, i honestly have a problem deciphering that part,

im being serious.

but yeah hopefully i will be back in business soon, or god forbid i will have to break my promise not to sork for anyone else besides myself... i have been doing it for 2 years sucessfully

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

#4406497 - 07/15/05 02:43 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well if its not affecting you in a manner that is detrimental, aside from the lack of motivation, I would say you should at least stop drinking until you do some of the things that you've been putting off. If you stop for a week and during that week you get your new business going and blow some glass, for example, then you should be alright.

Offlinehenry21
Stranger
Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: Twister]
    #4406979 - 07/15/05 06:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well..you have all the right problems that are bound to occur with all the wrongful things you do--smoking and drinking..The best way to remain healthy is to steer clear of both of them. I know its difficult.but there are several people who have done this.

--------------------
Try diflucan
for fungal infections

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: henry21]
    #4407250 - 07/15/05 10:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well i did not drink last night, although i got backed and watched cheech and chong... and i also blew some more glass.

i think that im going to go and make some money on this side landscaping job i have been putting off, and also get a new oxygen tank for some fresh glass blowing

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

#4409149 - 07/15/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
is that sarcasm? really, i honestly have a problem deciphering that part,

Yes, it was sarcasm.

I'm being sarcastic because deciding whether or not you want to start up a business again is a big decision. That requires motivation and dedication. It doesn't make sense to talk about it as a possibility that you might act on. You should make a plan and stick with it. It's like playing a game. You could say "We'll see what happens" and see what happens, or you could say "I'm going to win" and win, even if you lose.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: drinking, i thikn that i might have a problem... [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4409246 - 07/15/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

that is not true, i have decided to open many businesses on a whim and usually they work... ofcourse its all uder the table work for cash, but currently i blow and sell glass pipes, random business i just jumped into one day without thought, and also a landscapiung business i started on a whim, that admittidely failed but not before i made a few grand,

oh and also i jumped into snowplowing, made damn good money

--------------------
PEACE

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4409636 - 07/15/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Just to repeat what was already stated, you are using weed and alcohol daily because you lack other things in life that interest you. You should really try to find a daily hobby that makes you happy, then you wont need to turn to the alcohol as a quick fix to what is lacking in your life.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#4410608 - 07/16/05 03:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah for te last 2 days i actually got off of my ass, put in 4 hours landscaping today, and blew what is now my favorite, perhaps best glass piece ever :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being