Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
how to teach a cat?
    #4394496 - 07/12/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i have a cat that i love to death, i paid way too much to fly him with me when i moved. he gets a lot of attention, good food and treats ect. so i have this bag of worm castings (worm shit basically) in my closet and i guess animal instinct makes him attracted to it. so he gets into and gets the shit all over my (white) carpet. he scattered it about and made it into a litterbox and pissed in it. so i have a big, pissy, shit stain on my carpet now. i cleaned it up (what would come up, anyway) yelled at him a little and flicked some water on him. later he did the same thing so i shoved his face in the pissy, shitty, mess. smack him and throw him around a bit and he stops for a while. like 30 mins after i punish him i'm real nice to show i still love him, so he doesn't get all sad or anything. sooo, he just did the same thing again, this time managed to get the bag even thought it was way up in my closet. made a huge shitty mess. so i beat his ass (i didn't hurt him that bad, no blood or limping :smile: ) took his ass to the bathtub and drenched him and stuck him in the bathroom. plan on leaving him there overnight. i wish i had air conditioning :evil: what can i do to make him learn to fucking stop smearing shit all over my white carpet. it's getting real old. humane as possible please, i do like him, but i'm seriously about to throw his ass out the window (i'm on the 19th story) if he does this again. i actually was thinking about it this time (and the time before that). first thing i did once i noticed was close the windows so i wouldn't do anything in the heat of the moment, but... oh yea, he's also eaten 10 mj seedlings, really messing up my schedule and costing me a lot of fucking money. no matter what he doesn't learn. anyone had success conditioning a cat? what did you do?

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: John]
    #4394510 - 07/12/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

water gun.....

but my cat is like 40 lbs and is fucking AWESOME.....

she just sits around and only listins in spanish....her name is Bonita`......

but a water gun usally works in desiplin'type stuff....

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4394525 - 07/12/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea water works in the moment but 5 mins later he's doing the same shit... i think it's impossible to make my cat remember :frown:

only listens in spanish, haha, wtf.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4394527 - 07/12/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Aw....poor Akira is just bored. He's so cute! How could you stay mad at him for more than five minutes?

Water spritzing has been known to work when it comes to training cats. I would really suggest keeping stuff locked up as much as is possible.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4394548 - 07/12/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Water guns work, or a spray bottle. Actually, a spray bottle set to mist works wonders too, since they hate the noise it makes. You could literally sit around an wait for him to get into the stuff and spray him with the water mist. Cats only associate reactions with action if the response is immediate- IE sticking his face in the mess and yelling/beating him won't do anything but scare him and make him afraid of you. You need to catch him in the act and make him associate the act with fear or displeasure.

My little gray monster learned early on that knocking my glasses off the nighttable was a great way to get me to get out of bed (to pick them up.) It was a simple step then to swat them on the floor and then beg for food when I get up, crying and purring and rubbing. If I didn't feed him, he'd jump on the bed and walk all over me or cry non stop until I either fed him or locked him out of the room. The only way I could get him to stop was to sit in bed with a mister and wait for him to raise his paw to swat the glasses, and spray him down. A bell, buzzer, or electronic motor is another great method, as you can place it anywhere and not have the cat associate YOU directly with fear or anger.

Good luck!

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4394559 - 07/12/05 12:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
yea water works in the moment but 5 mins later he's doing the same shit... i think it's impossible to make my cat remember :frown:

only listens in spanish, haha, wtf.

it was a friends cat,who was taking care of it for yet another friend....

whos knows the story,But she's the coolest cat ever....

she's like .at least 40lbs,and just cruise-es the house and shit......

did you ever think of catnip,maybe she'll setting down....

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4394633 - 07/12/05 12:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

man. he sure showed me. he pissed and shit all over my bathroom while i had him in there :frown:
he's a vindictive bastard and knows what he's doing i can almost guarantee. my cat is gray
too. he does stuff like your as well. he always claws my furniture and looks right at me because
at my old apartment whenever he did i would bring him into my room so he'd stop and not bother 
roommates. plus it wasn't my stuff. i don't really care here because it's my stuff and
cat's scratch furniture, it's how they stretch or whatever, i can deal with that. smearing
shit all over the carpet then pissing ontop of it to make sure it leaves a nice dark stain
is a little too far, three times in a row. i did catch him in the act the first time and
got after him about it right away. lot of good that did. i've never had a problem with him
pissing or shitting anywhere before. he's pissed on my bed a few times when i didn't change
the litterbox often enough (right on my pillow, told u he's vindictive!) but that was my fault.
the worm shit is in a closed closet that he opens with his paws i guess. then somehow manages
to get to the top of the closet. still can't figure out how he does it. fuckin bastard. btw,
catnip makes him 100x's more energetic. i get him the fresh "budz" all the time though, and play with him.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4394647 - 07/12/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thats soo funny....

sorry,that finally just pictured in my head,your cat rolling in it's shit,juts to get in in theere good....

--------------------

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4394664 - 07/12/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Put a ton of thumb tacks with the point facing up around the closet. Or you could put them on tape and put that on the part of the door that he use to open it. When he gets poked by few of those he will begin to associate the area with pain and hopefully leave it alone.
When I first got my cat he would scratch the hell out of our new couch so we put tacks facing up on tape on the area that he would scratch. Eventually he at least toned down the scratching.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4394678 - 07/12/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

teach him do drink beer and smoke bud an blow it in his face get the cat high and drunk, it will be happier..if that doesn't work order some salvia..I want to try the shot myself, nit the extract at first..but the leaf for personal experimentation..

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: Skunk420]
    #4394703 - 07/12/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Don't get animals high, that's fucked up. They can't say no.

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4394713 - 07/12/05 01:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

oh true, my bad...leave the cat outside in the yard..for a while then...they are natural wild animals..just keep the cat outside and let it in and see what the cat does..if kitty still doesnt do good, outside it goes again.....but I doubt that would work anyway...just knowing how cats are, they are hard to train...

Edited by skunk78395 (07/12/05 01:26 AM)

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4394718 - 07/12/05 01:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

He lives in a building :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4394731 - 07/12/05 01:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not a great idea. The cat, being a domesticated indoor animal, will either get lost/run away, get hit by a car, or get attacked by another animal. Or worse, it'll enjoy going outside, and begin to associate his bad acts with being rewarded.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4394748 - 07/12/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yea, that is right...well, I never tried to train a cat...a dog is easier to deal with....

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4394750 - 07/12/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

a swift kick in the throat teaches my cat what not to do. If u do this hell become a quick learner

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: how to teach a cat? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4394762 - 07/12/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

haha

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4394785 - 07/12/05 01:41 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I cant stand cats anymore, some of my old pet cats were cool...they showed respect to us owners...some that dont need to be thown outside...:lol:

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #4394793 - 07/12/05 01:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i just thought of a better idea. Everytime he rolls in the crap put him in cardbaord box just big enough for him to spin around for 24 hours But wait it gets better . crap in the box right after you put him in. That will set him straight

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4394954 - 07/12/05 03:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
i just thought of a  better idea. Everytime he rolls in the crap put him in cardbaord box just big enough for him to spin around for 24 hours But wait it gets better . crap in the box right after you put him in. That will set him straight

:rofl:

but there are some herbs that cats really don't like... can't think of what they are off the top of my head, but search around on google, or the next time i talk to my mother i'll ask her. when i was younger we had some problems with our cats just basically being spoiled ass bitches who would cause chaos if they didn't get their way. however, if you find the right herbs you can just put some of them around whatever you don't want the cat getting into, and he'll stay far away.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order