Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Is it Safe to Consume?
    #438079 -

I have left some subtrate cakes outside that I thought that wasn't colonizing. About 1-2 weeks later, I went outside to view the cakes. I picked it up and looked at it and realized that there were mycelium that was growing from the bottom of the cakes. Besides seeing the mycelium, I saw little bugs, slugs and snails eating the mycelium; there were a little amount of green mold that was growing away from the mycelium also. I only broke off the part that mycelium was growing and the rest I threw away. I took the mycelium and stuck it under some moss (in a giant sized pot) that I was growing inside my house.
About 1 week past by and it started to pin and matured in 4 days. Anyway, I was just wondering if it is SAFE to consume it????


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it Safe to Consume? [Re: Taz_Khmer]
    #447679 -

Since the contaminants are feeding off of the same mycelial network, you could get sick.

YOU WILL DIE!!! AAAH!
j/k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mycelium taking back substrate? dmc_illz 1,148 2 03/26/03 05:51 AM
by TheHateCamel
* Dark mycelium and halted growth Neobean 1,647 5 10/12/01 12:46 PM
by puscle
* Mycelium overcame brown contamination..safe to eat ERaSMuS 4,530 4 05/02/02 08:38 AM
by MAIA
* Can I consume these mushrooms? Paddomania 1,158 4 09/25/04 11:24 AM
by RetardedChemist
* White cotton-like stuff on shrooms - is it safe to eat them? alphaone 9,266 4 02/04/04 07:40 AM
by alphaone
* do these look safe to eat? dirtydarrin 2,171 11 05/11/05 02:37 AM
by peaceful_gnome
* mycelium overtaking green mold?? greenhaze 3,052 3 11/26/02 08:07 PM
by greenhaze
* mycelium attacking green mold??? Ekstaza 3,013 8 05/15/03 08:38 AM
by Ekstaza

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
905 topic views. 20 members, 178 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.