Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
White Millet for P.Cubensis Amazonian Substrate.
    #436590 -

Hey has anyone used this growth substrate recipe for growing P.Cubensis Amazonian or Treasure Coast? Does is work? Does the mycelium spread quickly throughout the grain?

250ml of millet
130ml of water

Cap with lid inverted and one single hole for syringe inoculation. Tape the
hole and pressure cook at 15psi for 70mins. The seed will cook and absorb
the water, nearly doubling in volume. About 6 days after inoculation when
growth has begun to show, shake the jars to distribute the colonizing grains.

Thanks!

Tzaron


--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White Millet for P.Cubensis Amazonian Substrate. [Re: Catzeye]
    #436693 -

Never used it to grow P.cubies...although I hear it does just fine....pretty good in fact. I have used it to grow Pans. Cyans. In that stage now actually! Some good advise for you though is to let the millet sit in some water for a day to absorb that water. Then lightly boil for 1 hour. Once thats done strain your millet with water to get all the nasty stuff off. Then load your jars for P. cooking.
Parakeet food is the only substrate I will use again. I was going to go with finchseed, but all the brands of finch seed around here has shit in it that I can't pronounce. So after some looking around I think parakeet food is better. The brand I use has: White millet, Canary seed, Oats groats. I got my jars 100% colo. off of this in 7-8 days. i think it works just great. I also P. cook it for 1 hour and 30 min.
Don't worrie about putting tape over the hole....no biggie. Just wrap good in tin foil.
Good Luck!


--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White Millet for P.Cubensis Amazonian Substrate. [Re: Catzeye]
    #436888 -

I've never used that recipe, but millet works wonderfully when the proper methods are employed. I used to do a modified PF tek, replacing BRF with an equal amount of ground millet, and I got wonderful yields. Keep us updated on how everything goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White Millet for P.Cubensis Amazonian Substrate. [Re: MattyB]
    #436971 -

hey, i did that too - made a cake of millet, verm and a bit of rye and the tassies are going great guns on it!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White Millet for P.Cubensis Amazonian Substrate. [Re: Catzeye]
    #437093 -

Thanks for the input. I especially like the Parokeet food ideal. I may have to try that one. It's funny you should mention Parokeet food, I was looking at some today wondering if it would work for shroomies.

Puuurr!

~Catzeye~


--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White Millet for P.Cubensis Amazonian Substrate. [Re: fiddler4u]
    #437095 -

What brand of Parakeet food do you use?


--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ground millet theseeker 867 7 01/08/03 05:37 PM
by lvleph
* substrate for azures??? StainBlue 604 1 05/31/02 07:36 PM
by angryshroom
* Amazonian Help ULT 2,213 9 02/11/02 08:18 AM
by ULT
* Version 3.2 and Amazonians Fozzywaka 1,092 2 08/22/01 04:02 AM
by Zen Peddler
* millet? zazz 849 4 09/03/02 04:44 PM
by mickey_rourke
* just red millet as grain.... ph_plus 1,261 4 06/07/03 02:09 PM
by ph_plus
* NOT MINE!!!!! CUBENSIS PIKS ALDER_057 4,540 16 05/26/01 05:04 PM
by lizzardking
* I just got maz. cubs whats best substrate help inn Azurepower 1,128 1 12/01/01 03:25 AM
by FreakShow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,494 topic views. 12 members, 116 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.