Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerolbz
lover

Loc: Flag
bartenders?anyone?
    #4359309 - 07/01/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i might be going to bartending school...its a great oppurtunity but i was wondering if anyone on shroomery is a bartender/if bartending school was hard/how they like thier jobs/if the pay is good stuff like that.

im really excited about starting it but wanted to get some extra feedback. thanks

--------------------
persistent existence flows fluid without resistance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: rolbz]
    #4359312 - 07/01/05 11:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

do it man. bartending is so fun. im not a bartender yet but i have alot of friends that r they say its a blast. if ur good u get alot of money. plus girls everywhere and tips r nice lol

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4359323 - 07/01/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

bartending is a blast, i've only done it for a private catering company and it wasn't too difficult. i always picked out certain people to mix stronger drinks for, just for fun and to get them wasted.

didn't go to school for it, but I assume if you want to make it a career or something you could. never hurts to have experience.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4359333 - 07/01/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I used to bartend at a resort back east for four years. I never went to bartending school though, and after doing it for a while, I think school for bartending is a gimmick. All you need to know is drink recipe's and how to talk to people. That's it.

The job wasn't too hard, and I liked it for a while. I made a decent amount of cash as well. However, it kind of sucks for the same reasons that any food service job that deals with the general public does.

p.s. If you have an existing chemical dependence (to pretty much anything), bartending will typically make it worse, as you'll be surrounded by drunks and drugs.

Offlinerolbz
lover

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4359506 - 07/01/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ha i dont drink at all really..i enjoy a nice harp lager but id rather smoke a bowl or eat a mushroom then get drunk.

yeah you dont need the school..but i have 0 experience and my parents are offering to pay for it...you dont need a degree for the school and since i got kicked out of highschool i can become a bartender and get my ged at the same time. also my brothers
girlfriends parents own a school so i should be able to get a good price on it. oh and about how much would you pull in a night? i know it varies i just would like to ehar some amounts

--------------------

Edited by rolbz (07/01/05 12:26 PM)

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

#4359510 - 07/01/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

nice sounds like u got it hooked up. id say go for it mang

--------------------

General George S. Patton

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

#4359521 - 07/01/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rolbz said:
ha i dont drink at all really..

but you probably will start if you start bartending. take shots with all the hot girls and you should be set

--------------------

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4359534 - 07/01/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Check out www.webtender.com

I've heard that when looking around for work most of the time as a bartender, bartending school is rarely going to help. Employers are supposedly more interested in existing job experience, and think going to school for it is kind of a joke. That's only what I've heard, though.

I do know that there are a lot of bartenders who never went to school in great job positions, and ones with a whole lot of school who have gone nowhere.

But between the money and the social opportunities, I'd say it can be a real good gig.

Where would you want to work? A smalltown bar or more a chain like Chili's or Olive Garden?

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4359542 - 07/01/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TubOlucinogens said:

I've heard that when looking around for work most of the time as a bartender, bartending school is rarely going to help. Employers are supposedly more interested in existing job experience, and think going to school for it is kind of a joke. That's only what I've heard, though.

I do know that there are a lot of bartenders who never went to school in great job positions, and ones with a whole lot of school who have gone nowhere.

This is a very good point; NONE of the other bartenders I had worked with went to school for it, and all my friends who have gone to bartending school now work other jobs.

Offlinerolbz
lover

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4359599 - 07/01/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well small town bar would be sick..i love knowing everyone i work with but i mean ideally..anything would be fine. the thing about the school is they set up interviews for jobs for you and with my charm i couldnt see them saying no haha but yeah

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #4359646 - 07/01/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rolbz said:
oh and about how much would you pull in a night? i know it varies i just would like to ehar some amounts

it varies by the size of your breasts, usually. hopefully you will work at a happening place that has hot female bartenders that you get to split tips with.

I tended bar for 4 years, some places i made shit tips... some places i took home $80 a night on the weekends (not great but better than average) bartending was mostly a secondary way to make income for me tho, I even managed a Jazz Club for a year and a half, which was fun. i worked a lounge bar for 3 years taht specialized in blended hurricane type drinks, we had about 200 of them. we had 3 rails and 87 bottles.

Its tough to get into the biz. i mean, who doesnt want to hang out all night and make money? no one orders anything harder to make than a cosmo at 90% of the bars, mostly you'll be a tap monkey. because if this the popular nite spots you probably want to work will have all female hotties behind the rails to bring in the guys who really spend the money there.

bartending colleges saytheyll place you after you takethe classes, buttheyre full of shit, they just wantyour money. IMO

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4359664 - 07/01/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I thought that Harp was an ale...?

Anyway, I am a bartender and have been one for some years now. I really enjoy it and you can't beat the money with alot of corporate jobs. Go for it.

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinerolbz
lover

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: blissedout]
    #4359859 - 07/01/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im pretty sure its a lager but i could be wrong.i barely drink tho.. i always get bad hangovers.but yeah im still young so im not looking to make it my main bread winner i just wanted something that i could do at the age of 18 thats better than some dead end job where you get bossed around all day...i figure being a bartender..i could have fun..talk to alot of people and make decent money. im going to be moving out soon with my girlfriend and a roomate so i need a steady job.

and about the school thing...like i had mentiond before.its not my money so i would atleast gain experience from it since i know close to nothing really about bartending and for my first bartending job..it would be better to say i went to school for it..instead of having none...right?

--------------------

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #4360678 - 07/01/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

how can you be a bartender if you're only 18.... don't you have to be 20 to serve alcohol?

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4360724 - 07/01/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In my state it's 18

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: Boom]
    #4360732 - 07/01/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

20?? 18?? wtf, my state sucks balls (i already knew that:lol:) in cali (the peice of shit state) u have to be 21, of course. damn im gon move where u guys r

--------------------

General George S. Patton

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4360744 - 07/01/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm...

I live in NJ :lol:  I'd stay in Cali

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: bartenders?anyone? [Re: Boom]
    #4360769 - 07/01/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

cali sucks man. laws r shitty, ppl r bitchy, polution is everywhere. i wanna go to arizona where u can have automatic guns, live away from everyone (in the desert), and relax

--------------------

General George S. Patton

Offlinerolbz
lover

#4360800 - 07/01/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

fuck yeah that sounds way beter than cali..i think of a crowded and uptight city when i think of cali. woo i just ate some mushroooooms. i wasnt expecting to trip at all but this is a decent trip. but haha yeah bartending and shit...

--------------------

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

#4360805 - 07/01/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thats basically all cali is, NEVER move here it sucks. (there r some (very few) good spots)

--------------------

General George S. Patton

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds