Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Screwed up order and brokerage fees
    #4288702 -

Well at 28-05-2005 18:22:49 I placed an order with a shroomery sponsor:

1 Golden oyster spore print $25
10 syringes $11
10 inoculation loops $6.50
1 scalpel $9
1 alcohol lamp $9
and with $12.23 shipping that ended up at $72.23.

I knew plain well that shit isn't worth that much from checking out online scientific supply shops, but since I was already ordering a spore print from the shroomery sponsor and the $12.23 shipping seemed reasonable so I ordered the rest of my supplies from the shroomery sponsor. 13 days later UPS shows up on my doorstep with a package and says I owe them $41.70. I am kind of pissed since I was at most expecting sales taxes on the crap, but I pay it anyway because I figure it was a tariff. After he leaves I look closer at the bill and I see there was no duty on the package at all, just a 29.50 brokerage fee. My relatively inexpensive shipping has now become $41.23. Well I open up the package and check everything over and it seems they sent me a culture syringe ($18) instead of a spore print ($25) but charged me the $25 for the spore print. I wanted the spore print and not the culture syringe because I was planning to practice starting cultures from spores in my glove box. Now if they send me the spore print I'm worried I'll have to pay another brokerage fee to get it which makes my $60 order start to look alot more like $200 after shipping. I am very unhappy about this.

Edited by Dmonikal (06/12/05 10:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Screwed up order and brokerage fees [Re: Dmonikal]
    #4288773 -

Did you contact the vendor?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Screwed up order and brokerage fees [Re: mockeylock]
    #4288832 -

dang... how far did they have to send it?


--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Screwed up order and brokerage fees [Re: Dmonikal]
    #4288939 -

oh doh, they must be empty ones.

Edited by cryptastix (06/12/05 11:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Screwed up order and brokerage fees [Re: Foci]
    #4288972 -

Contact the vendor through pms from here so they are aware you are a member here. Then talk and try to resolve it further...

make sure to follow this post...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/913161/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: myndreach]
    #4289064 -

Is there a list of strictly Canadian sponsors, to make it easier for avoiding those who don't want to order across the border and go through the hassle of customs? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: laurden]
    #4290630 -

Ralphster ships from within Canada and the US.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: laurden]
    #4290959 -

So far... of any Sponsor that say's they ship from Canada. Ralphsters is the only one that does.
... and if I'm not mistaken... Spores101 also has some products that are shipped from inside Canada.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4292294 -

I sent an email to "the shroomery sponsor" on Friday and PMed him yesterday. Haven't heard back yet but I'll give it a few more days. I'm debating whether or not to use the culture syringe because I don't have a culture of that species.


--------------------
Give your money or your life
Take 'em both for all I care
Dump your bullets right here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: Dmonikal]
    #4353647 -

Well it worked out just fine with Sporeworks. They sent me a free pink oyster spore print as well as the golden oyster print (which sure made me feel alot better). They also explained to me that UPS charges a brokerage fee as a standard when importing things to Canada.


--------------------
Give your money or your life
Take 'em both for all I care
Dump your bullets right here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: Dmonikal]
    #4353697 -

Dmonikal said:
They also explained to me that UPS charges a brokerage fee as a standard when importing things to Canada.



Yup, I ordered an agar kit and had to pay a $23 taxes..what a piss off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Canadian sponsors [Re: Dmonikal]
    #4354422 -

We're very happy that things worked out for you!

UPS charges brokerage fees on any package going UPS Standard and valued over $20 CAD. Brokerage fees are built into the shipping cost if you upgrade to UPS Worldwide Express or Expediated services, this is part of the reason they cost so much more.

We still recommend UPS services to Canada despite the extra fees becuase they offer the most reliable service.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Canadian vendors? blink 846 2 05/15/04 02:50 PM
by onetime
* A Canadian vendor selling mycelium?!?
( 1 2 all )
ThorA 7,738 30 10/28/01 03:04 PM
by Crobih
* Canadian Spore Vendor looking to become sponsor SKSguy 1,767 5 04/11/03 07:47 AM
by greenshaman
* Substraight comes through THANK YOU for being a great sponsor Budwiseman 4,013 7 06/27/09 05:08 PM
by Roadkill
* Any Advice on opening a buisness and sponsoring? Northernsoul 2,027 17 03/13/04 06:30 PM
by Northernsoul
* New Sponsor- The Free Spore Ring of North America sporgasm 2,611 17 09/15/04 05:22 PM
by msd9
* canadian vendors? Dim 971 5 04/10/03 07:32 PM
by Dogomush
* What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? myndreach 5,327 17 05/06/05 04:26 PM
by Dexter_Morgan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, motaman
1,961 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.