Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness?
    #4106152 - 04/28/05 10:27 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

what are the sponsors? By sponsor, I think of someone who helps pay for the site. If all someone has to do is give money for the site, then why does that garauntee they are trustworthy?

For instance, say I start a store and donate monthly to the site, does that automatically make me a sponsor? If so, then there's no garauntee of trustworthiness...just money to the site.

This isn't meant to offend anyone, I'm just curious.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTHEDANGLER
The Mushroom Tip
 User Gallery

Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: myndreach]
    #4106593 - 04/28/05 12:55 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

its all about the benjamins....

--------------------
TONS OF SPORES TO TRADE PM ME!!!!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: THEDANGLER]
    #4106646 - 04/28/05 01:11 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

You have a community of people here who are in contact w/ one another. Most of the people here frequent the businesses that are sponsors here more often than they do outside companies.

Therefore, if there was any of those companies that was not trustworthy, the news of it would be all over this board. All of those companies have a history,(Some long, some short) of giving great services to the Shroomery.

If they WERE going to rip people off, I doubt they would advertise here, as being well known here would only lower your business if you were known to be a scammer.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSpores_Direct
Stranger

Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4106825 - 04/28/05 02:04 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

For instance, say I start a store and donate monthly to the site, does that automatically make me a sponsor? If so, then there's no garauntee of trustworthiness...just money to the site.

To become a sponsor you have to have demonstrated some kinda
responsibility. I was asked for my history and proof before i was excepted as a sponsor here. It wasn't easy. Admin. cares who is on board there ship.

OfflinesporesourceV
vendor
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Spores_Direct]
    #4107382 - 04/28/05 04:53 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I agree with S.D. Sporesource.com was checked out by the admin here before they would accept us as a sponsor. People who cheat customers, or are disrespectful to the community do lose the right to advertise here. Any of the sponsors you find here at the shroomery are upstanding business people who have proven that they provide quality products, and service to the community.

--------------------
www.sporesource.com

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#4108828 - 04/28/05 11:00 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Every sponsor here is trustworthy....
We talk to each other also....
The shroomery is top notch!!!!
You dont get to be a sponsor here by just paying money....
Many have been booted...
You can trust every sponsor here.

There are sponsors here that have been here for MANY years...like Hawk and sporeworks.
I have been around a while myself....
Dont worry....we are good people:)

Ralphster44

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

Loc: www.ShamansPalace.com
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: ralphster44]
    #4108989 - 04/28/05 11:57 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Yup thats right . Also If any customer were to have a problem with a vendor here it would more than likely be posted in the sponsor's forum . You can see by searching posts that every sponsor here is The Real Deal and will not screw you over .

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
FREE Gift's with EVERY ORDER !!
QUICK shipping !10% Shroomery Member Discount!
www.ShamansPalace.com
Questions - Sales@Shamanspalace.com

OfflineSpores_Direct
Stranger

Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #4109018 - 04/29/05 12:07 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I think this should be sticky :tongue:

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
    #4110281 - 04/29/05 11:02 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

The person that applies to be a Vendor are checked out by the Admin with a fine tooth comb.

If the prospect Vendor is shady...they don't get approved...many have been turned down over the years.

If the Vendor causes too many problems...they get axed...and some have been kicked out.

If the Vendor screws too many customers...they get axed...and I can only remember one being axed for this reason.

I remember when the Keeper(shane67) from the Spore Trading Post tried to become a Vendor here at the Shroomery...he was turned down.

Several people have been turned down as Vendors...for the good of the community.

Some of the Vendors were members that decided to open a business...so they contacted the Admin and were approved.

The Admin of the Shroomery do a great job making sure the Vendors here at the Shroomery are quality Vendors...and that you won't get ripped off.

very good question...btw

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #4110690 - 04/29/05 01:04 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ShamansPalace said:
Yup thats right . Also If any customer were to have a problem with a vendor here it would more than likely be posted in the sponsor's forum .

I understand this. I have no questions about certain sponsors that have been around a long time such as ralph, etc.

However, if a sponsor is new, what garauntee do we have? What if that you "have a problem with a vendor here" that is them selling your information to the FBI? I'm not trying to put any fears into any of this, but I guess I just think it's important to play a bit of Devil's Advocate in this subject.

I trust people like Ralph, and spores101 (friends with ralph) and the other well-established vendors here.

My questions is, how can we be sure about new vendors until they've gotten established for a while?

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
    #4110782 - 04/29/05 01:29 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

My questions is, how can we be sure about new vendors until they've gotten established for a while?

don't buy from them...and watch them like a hawk for awhile.

or send them a Postal Money Order...and use someone elses(like a friends) address when having stuff mailed to you.

I can understand your concern!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Roadkill]
    #4111003 - 04/29/05 02:30 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

not to mention that in certain cases the long-standing sponsors have frequently stepped in and covered the abandoned orders at their own expense.

note, i'm certainly in no place to imply that level of generosity should come to be expected.

i have a deep level of respect for many of vendors here including ones i have never done business with.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: debianlinux]
    #4122686 - 05/02/05 12:01 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

debianlinux said:
not to mention that in certain cases the long-standing sponsors have frequently stepped in and covered the abandoned orders at their own expense.

note, i'm certainly in no place to imply that level of generosity should come to be expected.

i have a deep level of respect for many of vendors here including ones i have never done business with.

This is very true, in the few cases over the years where there has been a problem other vendors have stepped up to help those customers who lost out.

All prospective vendors are checked out as best as we can, and we think that we admins go beyond the standard websites who let anyone and their dog advertise. We've turned down more companies over the years than we've approved.

InvisibleRudiger420
Rudiger420
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Thor]
    #4137154 - 05/05/05 12:30 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

"Several people have been turned down as Vendors...for the good of the community."

"Some of the Vendors were members that decided to open a business...so they contacted the Admin and were approved."

To me, what your saying is the People who possess many spores, so many they have enough to sell a steady supply, have the option of handing in an application to the shroomery for permission to sell spores through their site and most likely their own site as well. Then the shroomery does a search on the username and sees what kind of post this person has been saying on the message boards. If there is a predictability that the person is obviously growing mushrooms in a non-professional way (and by that I mean it wouldn't be too hard to tract this person down personally and even if one were to such as the police would or wouldn't they get busted) IF it seems that this person is legit and it seems that the sponser is aquirering there spores from a country that is more relax on the psilocybe laws or they seem to have some system down that they're growing these babys in the woods or basements of america and is totally unlikely that the sponser would get busted, then they would have permission to sell on the shroomery. However if the sponser seems sloppy and careless and most likely growing these shroomies in the same house they're selling spores out of, then they would get denied. Does this sound about right?!?! Haha I'm stoned!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Rudiger420]
    #4138354 - 05/05/05 05:19 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Haha I'm stoned!

Obviously.... :smirk:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4140807 - 05/06/05 05:36 AM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Every sponsor here isnt new any more. It only take a few weeks for multiple orders to be placed. If there was a SINGLE problem, it would be voiced in this forum...for everyone to see. Of course the Admins have to take a look and guess if the person is credible or not, but really its pretty easy to tell. Everyone knows who posts around here and whos on the up and up and whos not. And if your not on the up and up even once, with one person...youd be found out immediatly as a vendor here.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Rudiger420]
    #4140813 - 05/06/05 05:39 AM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Thats a good summary, there's more things we do check out of course, but definately we are trying to avoid people who are not quite going to last :wink:

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: What makes a sponsor? How do we garauntee trustworthiness? [Re: Thor]
    #4142679 - 05/06/05 04:26 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

^^^LOL

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Jump to top. Pages: 1