Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 38 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be
    #3167892 - 09/22/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 28 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoide [Re: Rose]
    #3182466 - 09/26/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Bump...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3182785 - 09/26/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Comedown anxiety... hmmm.

I have never read an exact description but in my experience I tend to stress out on the comedown about little things I wouldn't normally stress about.

An example of this would be when I was laying in bed after a killer grill one night and I kept freaking out about how my house wasn't clean enough and it felt as if I didn't have enough time to clean it. I kept persuading myself that I could clean it in the morning and I had plenty of time to do it then, but sure enough 15 minutes later when i forget about it, the same thoughts would come again. I hated the feeling.

A good way to avoid that might be to smoke a bowl when your trip steps down a notch or two, or to lay in a comfortable spot with headphones on and listen to calming music. Just my 2cents.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3183004 - 09/26/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For me, comedown anxiety is wondering "if" and "when" I'll come down.  It is the nervous feeling of being in-between, not quite tripping anymore, but not quite sober.  This can be a very unsettling time.  I believe that the best way to ease into the comedown is to simply:  relax.  Have confidence in the mushroom and view the comedown as a period of gentle reaquaintence with sobriety after such a profound adventure.  Don't try and rush the rationalizations and ponderment over the experience you've had.  That will come in time.  For the moment, just be.  Perhaps some deep breathing and meditation will allow you to settle in and enjoy the in-between as you arrive back to earth. 

My two cents.  :smile:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 28 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoide [Re: MOTH]
    #3183092 - 09/26/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I had a feeling if I bumped this thread during the weekend, you'd chime in.

Thanks Ellemysh.

Now, do your homework!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3183097 - 09/26/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

Now, do your homework!

Yes master!  :grin:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3183106 - 09/26/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I dunno~ if my solution is really how to "Avoid" anxiety, and I am not recommending to others that they do this, but.... I usually trip in the evening, and by time the trip is almost completely done and gone, I take about .5mg of Xanax.... After about an hour, I find a very calm relaxed sleep....

On a side note, the herb "Hops" is noted for it's relaxing anti-anxiety properties.... I dunno~ if it interferes with sleep, but it might be worth looking into as a natural means....?

ChoW~

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 28 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoide [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3184494 - 09/26/04 11:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes... a good beer is full of choice... CHOICE hops...

Weed makes another good comedown herb... it extends the trip but it is also known to mellow the comedown.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
    #3185442 - 09/27/04 06:40 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I always have a huge paranoia problem during the comedown. My last couple trips have had a very interesting problem. Ill start and OBE(out of body experience) but never go all the way i just get the pre syptoms. The termors and the quick disconected feeling. Very strange. I take higher doeses and dont seem to get this. Back to the come down, I always feel like, what if i stay this way forever, you know when your mind is clouded with psyilocybin. The why do i keep having these crazy thoughts and will they always be present. Im always curious if i change at all after a trip, like who am i going to be tommrow. just very bad thoughts in general. i havent yet found a way to pass these thoughts and emotions off. but soon i hope to surpass these problems.

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3187374 - 09/27/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I feel terrible during the comedown. I start thinking about life problems, but even slightly negative things make me feel so bad. I also really don't want the trip to end, it's a huge mix of emotions. Though I take the issues that disturb so much then very lightly the next day, it seems like the end of the world at that point. If I ever were to dose a lot this is the only bit that I have serious concern over.
I find it key to smoke marihuana during this period. It is really a strange feeling and I think I might be able to relax on my own but weed brings it back into the trip a bit and I feel excellent then.

Hey but some might say that it is part of the trip and a learning experiance you must go through, I guess I do learn a lot about what I am looking for in life around then

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 28 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoide [Re: holio1]
    #3188573 - 09/27/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

Read this whole book, or read about the Third Bardo to understand exactly what comedown anxiety is and how it can be avoided.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePoontangaroo
donkey puncher
    #3223018 - 10/06/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yea lately I seem to have trouble with bad trips... its nothing ridiculous but I spend a lot of time thinking about the problems in my life and feeling like no one likes me and this and that, most of it the next day seems silly, but the only times i've had an all around good time in the last few months on mushrooms is with my ex girlfriend, who I tripped with a few weeks ago and it was great. Maybe I shouldn't be tripping at school, with so much pressure in classes and other school activities, I got a lot of hard classes, and I kinda see bad trips coming just because its hard to ignore the things I always have on my mind here, at the same time, its hard to leave the mushies alone when i got a constant supply hehe, and even though I spend lotsa time bothered by issues, you cant ignore the shit goin on visually and the mind fuck is sorta fun either way.

--------------------
i like to tap larger bottoms because they ripple better and its sorta mesmorizing

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3223171 - 10/06/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When I do mush I don't ignore my problems, I just realize that most of them are just delusions people have made for me.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: FAQ 28 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoide [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3229970 - 10/07/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well have some valium handy simple solution

--------------------
"Where's your will to be weird?" -jimmy morrison

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 38 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be [Re: Rose]
    #4287338 - 06/12/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Here is the answer so far. Please add any additional info. :smile:

What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoided/reduced?

by EllemyshShade

For me, comedown anxiety is wondering "if" and "when" I'll come down. It is the nervous feeling of being in-between, not quite tripping anymore, but not quite sober. This can be a very unsettling time. I believe that the best way to ease into the comedown is to simply: relax. Have confidence in the mushroom and view the comedown as a period of gentle reaquaintence with sobriety after such a profound adventure. Don't try and rush the rationalizations and ponderment over the experience you've had. That will come in time. For the moment, just be. Perhaps some deep breathing and meditation will allow you to settle in and enjoy the in-between as you arrive back to earth.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMushMuncher
Psycho
Loc: Canada
Re: FAQ 38 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be [Re: Rose]
    #4288046 - 06/12/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, weird ive never had comedown anxiety, i get come up anxiety

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 38 What is comedown anxiety and how can it be [Re: MushMuncher]
    #4288116 - 06/12/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That's in the FAQ too.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies