Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehojoseph99
Stranger
first time user - anxiety problem *DELETED*
    #6059308 - 09/13/06 11:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by hojoseph99

Reason for deletion: ;

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: hojoseph99]
    #6059337 - 09/13/06 11:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

She can't do shrooms. SSRI's block the serotonin action of psilocin. It won't work. If she really wants to do them, she'll have to stop the SSRI for at least 2 weeks. If the lexapro helps her alot, I would say that it isn't worth it. There are other hallucinogens that are not affected by SSRI's.

Invisibledrijx
ҽӽҏҽґіᵯҽӣҭӧґ ғҽҁҽᴢᴢ
Male

Loc: Ⱥʍͼѓᴉᴋѧ
    #6059352 - 09/13/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You've done well in making sure her dose is a low one (2g or so).  If I'm not mistaken lexapro shouldn't potentiate any negative effects that may occur.  Set and setting are crucial . . . make sure the place is a familiar and peaceful one with little or no risk of being discovered by authorities and all should end well. Some cannabis on the come-up and coming down always does me a service. All in all I think the trip will go well.  Happy Tripping!     
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

edit: and I'm pretty sure he's wrong about not being able to trip. no worries.

--------------------

Edited by drijx (09/13/06 11:23 PM)

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
    #6059398 - 09/13/06 11:31 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, most people know that SSRIs reduce greatly the effects of hallucinogens such as psilocybin.

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: dubbyah]
    #6059515 - 09/14/06 12:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think I remember reading that somewhere as well. Dunno though, I'd read up on it. Check erowid.

Invisibledrijx
ҽӽҏҽґіᵯҽӣҭӧґ ғҽҁҽᴢᴢ
Male

Loc: Ⱥʍͼѓᴉᴋѧ
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6059550 - 09/14/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I know people who take SSRIs and trip fine . . . some claim that it makes the trip better . . . just me . . . my apologies if I am wrong . . but I think the trip will be fine.

--------------------

Offlineflamebolt
Just some guy
Male
Loc: USA
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: drijx]
    #6059658 - 09/14/06 02:03 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

this is just my experience
take what you want

i was never an anxious guy, maybe here or there, nothing too bad
i started tripping out of curiosity and after the third trip i had an anxiety disorder

i now have to take SSRI's to be able to get through a day
again, this is my experience, id just hate to hear of someone else going through what i went through

--------------------
roses are red
violets are blue
mushrooms are awesome
give me a few

Offlinehojoseph99
Stranger
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: flamebolt]
    #6059886 - 09/14/06 06:54 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for your help. is it common to develop anxiety problems after taking shrooms?

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: drijx]
    #6059907 - 09/14/06 07:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drijx said:
I know people who take SSRIs and trip fine . . . some claim that it makes the trip better . . . just me . . . my apologies if I am wrong . . but I think the trip will be fine.

Everyone I know on SSRI's trip harder, including myself and my wife. I also roll alot harder too, which means less rolls to get to the same point.

Maybe we are weird, everyone posts about how when they take SSRI's the effects are lessened a bit, but for us it has always been noticeably stronger.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6059916 - 09/14/06 07:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I would be hesitant to say it is "common"... an anxiety during the initial "consciousness shift" is common, but as far as lasting anxiety, I'm led to think is not widespread. I would try to not smoke during the peak of the trip (as stated, comeup and comedown) as smoking during the peak can actually intensify the trip, and for some people, can reduce "clarity" in a trip, thus having the potential to create more anxiety. At a dose as low as 2 grams, i would be willing to bet she most likely will not experience lasting anxiety after dosing, as its most likely not enough to cause a major lasting negative psyche alteration; especially if its true that SSRI's will diminish the effect some. Good luck! Stay safe!  :smirk:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6059918 - 09/14/06 07:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hojoseph99 said:
thanks for your help. is it common to develop anxiety problems after taking shrooms?

shrooms dont give you anxiety problems, they may further develop what is already there. If you think you may have something, then take heed, but no worries. I have anxiety problems and have been tripping for many years, you just may want to have a benzo on hand incase you get uncomfortable.

A trip, about few weeks ago, I actually was "walking" through my brain and I "discovered" the source of my anxiety. Since I discovered the root cause, I have been much much better. Tripping helped me get past my anxiety, not bring it to fruition.

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: dedjam]
    #6060299 - 09/14/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Your experiencing the anxiety because the mushrooms unlocked alot of your right side brain and are making you think differently than you've ever had and you are probably experiencing life differently now, and probably because the right side of the brain deals with things not in absolutes, like the majority of the world you experience IS. Therefor your experiencing anxiety because you have to deal with absolutes in this world. The right side of the brain deals with creativity, intuition, psychic abilities, and so on. This side of the brain is essentially "turned off" in the early stages of life, thanks to school and other things doctors say are good for you, including alot of shots and vaccines. But in the end when the right brain comes forth and is once again activated and participating along with the left analytical side of your brain, you can accomplish ALOT but if you are not understanding of this and correct it, you will just look at it like anxiety issues, which I've been dealing with for over 5 years now since tripping and "awakening" but I've learn to NATURALLY medicate this issue with herbs and certain eating patterns and nutrition.

OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: flamebolt]
    #6060306 - 09/14/06 10:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

flamebolt said:
take what you want

i started tripping out of curiosity and after the third trip i had an anxiety disorder

again, this is my experience, id just hate to hear of someone else going through what i went through

I guess there is no definite. I had the exact opposite.
I always had anxiety, ever since 12 years old.
From 18-20 i was on celexa.

I was NEVER the type to want to do "drugs".
But the nature of celexa made me not care and give into experimentaion.

The weed helped me get over most of my anxiety. I still use it to this day to have a good time and balance me out.

After researching on this site and getting the strength to try shrooms, i found myself forever changed in a peaceful manner.
Im still the same guy, but i dont get anxiety attacks and ive realized the importance of staying cool and level headead(not letting things trigger anxiety).

I even had a semi-bad trip when during the comedown/end of peak my father woke up. I felt totally comfortable, so i went upstairs to see how he was feeling(he had a cold). THAT triggered anxiety. The rest of the night i was worried if he noticed(my pupils were HUGE). I had to drink a shit load of booze to go to sleep that night.

The next morning my nerves were triggered, but nothing became full blast. Everything was ok, and i was back to normal.

And if something like that cant -re-trigger anxiety, i think its safe to say that in my situation, pot and shrooms have made me a better person.

to each their own.
Ive tried MDMA as well (another so called, life changing drug, but something about it doesnt feel natural, its great while on it, but after i feel that it leaves you worse off- But mushrooms arent like that.

POT AND SHROOMS - "substances" i dont consider drugs. Everything else you can keep illegal. But those 2 improve mankind when used properly and with an open mind.

Edited by GSxx83 (09/14/06 10:40 AM)

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: GSxx83]
    #6060665 - 09/14/06 12:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GSxx83 said:
POT AND SHROOMS - "substances" i dont consider drugs. Everything else you can keep illegal. But those 2 improve mankind when used properly and with an open mind.

Its sad to see posts like this. You are no better than any government official. You want to legalize what works for you, and this closed minded approach is why cigs and alcohol are legal and other drugs are not.

There any many many people that have had their lives changed by LSD, E, mescaline, RC's, etc...why do you feel you can judge their experiences through your own and tell them their drugs of choice should be illegal, while yours should be legal. You realize that pot and shrooms have hurt many people too...and those people could come on here telling you how they should be illegal because there is no good in them.

Open your mind....not only open to yourself, but open to the thoughts and opinions of others. Remember, we all dont work the same. What applied to one person can not be applied to everyone.

OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: dedjam]
    #6060950 - 09/14/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

no,no. Maybe i should have re-phrased it, but basically what i meant to say was that those 2 shouldnt even be considered drugs, therefore there should have never been an issue with legality.

But real drugs like coke and heroin have no place in the public IMO. By keeping shrooms and pot illegal, you are putting them on the same level.

Thats where the whole gateway concept came from.

As for LSD and E, i agree with you.

I typed out my post very quickly and didnt get a chance to go into true detail..

But im sure most people understood the nature of my post. A few like yoursel fmight have gotten the wrong idea and i apologize.

Invisiblewolfsblood
SeekingKnowledge
Female

Loc: PNW
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: GSxx83]
    #6061145 - 09/14/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GSxx83 said:
Quote:

flamebolt said:
take what you want

I guess there is no definite. I had the exact opposite.
I always had anxiety, ever since 12 years old.
From 18-20 i was on celexa.

I was NEVER the type to want to do "drugs".
But the nature of celexa made me not care and give into experimentaion.

The weed helped me get over most of my anxiety. I still use it to this day to have a good time and balance me out.

After researching on this site and getting the strength to try shrooms, i found myself forever changed in a peaceful manner.
Im still the same guy, but i dont get anxiety attacks and ive realized the importance of staying cool and level headead(not letting things trigger anxiety).

I even had a semi-bad trip when during the comedown/end of peak my father woke up. I felt totally comfortable, so i went upstairs to see how he was feeling(he had a cold). THAT triggered anxiety. The rest of the night i was worried if he noticed(my pupils were HUGE). I had to drink a shit load of booze to go to sleep that night.

The next morning my nerves were triggered, but nothing became full blast. Everything was ok, and i was back to normal.

And if something like that cant -re-trigger anxiety, i think its safe to say that in my situation, pot and shrooms have made me a better person.

to each their own.
Ive tried MDMA as well (another so called, life changing drug, but something about it doesnt feel natural, its great while on it, but after i feel that it leaves you worse off- But mushrooms arent like that.

I was never exposed to mushrooms until I was 17 and I had suffered for years with a major anxiety disorder. I was also diagnosed with depression and bi-polar. Since I have done mushrooms they have forced me to go to the root of my emotional issues and look at them, experience them to their fullest degree as scary as it can be at times, it has changed me. It gives you a clean slate. Something I would like to be able to do on my own with out the help of drugs but I have yet to build that ability in myself.

Everytime I am faced with a major dillema, when it is something I know that is affecting me and I think I know the cause or if my spirit just feels out of wack. It's always been helpful to endure a "Bad" trip to get things all figured out.

For someone just starting, I'd try to get liberty caps if you could only take a few, and only be around people that are tripping and are good friends. Other wise your to caught up in trying to hold up appearances around people you don't really know and that can make things akward. Its good to have a close core group doing them together, then you can really be yourself as you experience the feeling of tripping for the first time.

--------------------
"On the Mountain of Madness, I came to my senses, I'd been Hypnotised by people's sadness, that slowly condenses, In their mission to Dramatise their lives. " - Waterclime

Offlineilovephish1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: dubbyah]
    #17295297 - 11/28/12 03:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I am not quite sure what is going on with the Lexapro or other SSRI's and the mixing with psychedlics.  I know when I was taking Lexapro it greatly reduced any trip I had.  I just stopped taking the Lexapro as it really did me no good.  I could not tell any change in thought patterns if I took them or not.  Doctors and their pill pushing ways.  Man when will it ever end?

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: ilovephish1]
    #17295351 - 11/28/12 04:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What's with bringing up a load of dead threads?

--------------------

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: first time user - anxiety problem [Re: Mysteryvalley]
    #17296076 - 11/28/12 09:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

New people who don't notice the date?

6 year old thread... Just sayn

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds