Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFeveredEgo
Stranger

What a long, strange trip it's been...
    #4282980 - 06/11/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well, for quite a while I've been taking mushrooms that I've been growing myself. They had been some of the better mushrooms I've had, and I've had plenty, so I've been quite happy with them. Well, I tripped with a friend named Chad on them recently who told me, "Man, those mushrooms are good, but compared to what I can get they're nothing." I figured he was just trying to sound cool in some weird way, but I asked him how much an ounce of his mushrooms were. $200...fuck no, there is no mushroom on this planet worth $200 by the ounce. He insisted it was worth it, and said he would show them to me, and if I didn't want them it was no problem and he would just keep them. Well, no harm in that. He got back to me a three nights ago after several complications and had an ounce of them...they looked amazing, but I still didn't want to pay that much for them. He told me that if I let him stay the night along with a few of our friends, he'd give me an eighth for free, and everyone else an eighth for $25...afterall, I had given him four grams of mine for free about three weeks ago.

Well, we had four other people over (my little brother named Andrew, my two best friends named Anthony and Matt, and a friend of Chad's named Drew I don't know very well who had never tripped before.) All of us took an eighth of an ounce, which Chad ended up just giving to everyone for free, and we passed around a guitar for a bit until I felt the unmistakable effects of the mushrooms taking hold. I sat the guitar down a lied down for about fifteen minutes while the high began to rapidly increase.

I could see everyone around me becoming rapidly intoxicated. I felt excited even if a little sick. We went outside for a short walk to the park in the light rain, it was a blast. On the way back Drew began to show very odd behavior, he was asking us to be quiet over and over again even though none of us were making any noise, and he looked very shifty-eyed and uneasy. I kept trying to calm him down, but it just irritated him more, so I left him alone.

When we got back to the house we drank some water and I turned on The Allman Brothers Band at the Fillmore East, the music was pleasant, but I was still a little unnerved by Drew's behavior. He was lying on the ground and was extremely shaken up, he was mumbling to himself and when I asked him who he was talking to he would say "Talking? Oh! Nothing...nobody...what? I wasn't talking." I closed my eyes and just listened to the music and I heard Matt say "Dude...oh shit, Drew, you've just called your parents. Dude, talk to her, Drew! Oh my god, dude...you're in trouble. We're all in trouble." I was confused. So what if he called his parents? He's nineteen. I asked Matt what was going on. "He just accidentally called his mom and then said some gibberish to her and then wouldn't talk. I picked up the phone and heard her say that if she didn't have a normal conversation with him she was coming over." "What? Drew, do you live with your mom?" "With...yes, I do. I...yes." "Does she know where you are?" "Uhhhmmm...I think so. Yes." "Still...so what? So he'll be grounded maybe. Either way, Drew, you better call your mom right now." His response was, "Call? Why should I call her?" "Because she is pissed off and she is coming to get you. You are going to be in trouble." "At me? Why is she pissed?" "Dude, you just called her, mumbled a bunch of gibberish, and then didn't respond. She knows you are fucked up." "Why does she know?" He was so fucked up...I couldn't understand it.

Flash forward an hour and he was totally insane. After ignoring about thirty phone calls from his mom, Chad decided to call her and tell her he was okay and that he had been drinking since he is good friends with his family. While he was on the phone Drew was saying "If two times two is four, and four times four is sixteen, and sixteen times sixteen is..." I covered his mouth and he pulled it off, "I can be quiet without your hand on my mouth, I just have to not say things." I was astonished, he was totally insane. I had never seen mushrooms do this sort of thing to anyone. I've seen people totally lose touch with reality and be totally unresponsive to the outside world, but I've never seen anyone be connected with their surroundings and just be in a state of insanity on mushrooms. His mom was coming over to take him to the hospital because she feared alcohol poisoning despite any reassurance Chad had to offer her. Chad told me this, and I said to Drew, "Drew, listen to me. You have taken mushrooms tonight. Your mom is going to come here and pick you up and take you to the hospital. You will be fine, but she is probably going to be angry with you. Do you understand?" "We have been worrying about mom for a looong time."

A little later she was at my door...she was very pleasant and told us that she wasn't mad at us or him, and that these things happen. Her kindness made me feel bad about what I knew I was about to have to tell her. "Drew, it is time to leave. You need to get to a hospital." His response was "Burger King." The kid was totally gone. He could not stand, he could not process sentences, he didn't know where he was or even who he was. She said "I don't understand, this is not how someone behaves while they are drunk. Chad, what is wrong with my boy?" I said, "Ma'am, we are all on psilocybin mushrooms right now. Your son will be fine in a few hours, you can leave him here and we'll make sure he's okay." She was pissed, "This is not a game! This is not my son right here, this is not my son! You have got to be straight-foreword about these things, is there an adult here?" "Ma'am, this is my house, we're the only adults here, and I am the only person that lives here." We helped her carry him to her car and she took him home.

After that the rest of us were totally freaked out. Despite the fact that the dialog makes us seem coherent, if you heard how it was spoken you'd understand how hard we were tripping. I had never seen anything like that from an eighth of an ounce of mushrooms...that boy had totally lost his sanity. We dosed at 8:30, and the effects didn't begin to wear off until 3:00 in the morning, it is bizarre how potent those mushrooms were and how long the trip lasted. I can't get out of my head the crazy look in Drew's eyes...it was just such a weird night. The gut-feeling of anxiety was present in all of us until the trip ended, and until then I wanted nothing more than to just be sober, I was way too shaken up for psychedelic drugs. I was worried Drew would be insane even after the mushrooms wore off, but he turned out to be okay, besides the fact that he now has two weeks to find a new place to live.

--------------------

Edited by FeveredEgo (06/11/05 12:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: FeveredEgo]
    #4282988 - 06/11/05 12:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Whoa, dude.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4282992 - 06/11/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That's an intense story, but before the grammar nazis jump on you I'll just offer you some advice: a lot of people here won't read that unless you break it up into paragraphs.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4282999 - 06/11/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

its not that hard to hit spacebar twice inbetween a couple sentences...jesus h

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4283009 - 06/11/05 12:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wow. I've had to babysit some people through some rough times but I can't imagine having one of their parents get involved in the middle of it. That story made me cringe. Hope everything works out well for your friend.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineFeveredEgo
Stranger

Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4283039 - 06/11/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Agh, sorry about the grammar, guys, the format got fucked up from copy and pasting it from the original BBS I posted it on.

--------------------

Male

#4283041 - 06/11/05 12:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

S'all right, it's just that really, a lot of people won't read anything if they open it up and see one huge chunk. Just click Edit at the top of your post and throw in some paragraph breaks.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

#4283043 - 06/11/05 12:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It can be kind of frustrating too, because once I posted some of my writing that was meant to be one huge rambling paragraph with no punctuation except commas, and I got grammar nazis all over me even though I disclaimered it as such and titled the post "the best thing i've ever written."

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #4283050 - 06/11/05 12:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wow....I actually read the whole thing.

weird.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#4283054 - 06/11/05 12:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, just break it on up. Sounds like a crazy story, though.

BTW, the shades of blue you use in your avatar and signature look great. That's my favorite color. Plus, Bill Hicks is my favorite comedian and that's one of my favorite lines from him.

--------------------

Male

Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: Ripple]
    #4283055 - 06/11/05 12:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wasn't it though? That's why he should break it up...it's definitely weird enough to be worth reading.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #4283079 - 06/11/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ive had a similiar experience. One person allways is the rotten apple, someone all ways ends up being stupid and everyone else has to deal with it. OVer the years i have slowly tapered off people that i will NOT being having any kind of psychedelic experiences with.

everyone freaks out about there parents, this and that, its hillarious to me. Espescially if your 18 or over. There are 2 types of people:

People that can trip and chill .
People that want to call there parents because they are scared.

OfflineXUL
vivacious
Male User Gallery
    #4283099 - 06/11/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"Drew, it is time to leave. You need to get to a hospital." His response was "Burger King."

I laughed at that for like five min

yea, that sucks for Drew, wonder what his mom will do

--------------------
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-W.B. Yeats

OfflineFeveredEgo
Stranger

Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: XUL]
    #4283130 - 06/11/05 12:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
S'all right, it's just that really, a lot of people won't read anything if they open it up and see one huge chunk.  Just click Edit at the top of your post and throw in some paragraph breaks.

Done. Thanks for being so groovy about it.

Thanks, Learyfan :smile:
I didn't make the avatar, it's actually a much larger image that I shrunk and cropped. I did make the signature, though, and I'm glad you like Hicks, he's one of my favorite comedians. Are you into Lenny Bruce at all?

Psikooz, I'm not really going to hold it against him...he wasn't himself and I still can't believe how good those mushrooms were.

--------------------

Edited by FeveredEgo (06/11/05 12:49 PM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: Ripple]
    #4283188 - 06/11/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ripple said:
Wow....I actually read the whole thing.

weird.

Me2  :crazy2:
My eyes hurt now :lol:

That would suck to have a parent get involved  :shake:

I wonder what kind of shrooms they were.
They dont sound like cubes.
Copes maybe?
:shrug:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: niteowl]
    #4283353 - 06/11/05 02:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ive gone insane several times from Acid - not to say i dont enjoy it or i dont get anything from the experiences. Looking in retrospect its strange to acknoledge my drug induced behavior. Perhaps i can sympathsize with the boy.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: headset]
    #4283410 - 06/11/05 02:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've been 'insane' too quite a few times off psilocybin. LSD too but I'm usually unable to move when I get to that point so its no bother. Never bothered the parents but I've definetly had moments similar to what he was going through. I feel for him, those are tough times. Best thing to do is not treat him apprehensively, just act normally so he won't be questioning his sanity all the time

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: Organic]
    #4283448 - 06/11/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder if they were grown with one of the methods using syrian rue or some other sort of tryptamine/MAOI. That would greatly intensify the mushrooms.

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: What a long, strange trip it's been... [Re: Organic]
    #4283461 - 06/11/05 03:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

well that sounded very rockin crazy, those are impressive specimens, i wouldnt mind being a little bit connected and yet not plugged in all the way (:

im off the pond's face gopher balls-to-the-wall crazy in everyday life!

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#4283481 - 06/11/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FeveredEgo said:
Thanks, Learyfan :smile:
I didn't make the avatar, it's actually a much larger image that I shrunk and cropped. I did make the signature, though, and I'm glad you like Hicks, he's one of my favorite comedians. Are you into Lenny Bruce at all?

Oh yeah, I knew that mushroom pic wasn't done by you.  I just like it.  You made the Hicks picture, though?  That's impressive.  I really like it.  I bought a shirt with that quote on the back.  The guy who made the shirt misquoted him, but it was only a minor mistake so I bought the shirt anyway. 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Community >> The Pub