Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard
    #4201549 -

I love everything I've heard by this man. It's a shame he's dead... I would of loved to meet him.
I identify so much with the soul his voice reveals, and the feeling he creates in his songs.
Are there any other fans here? If so, can you recommend me an album or two that are your favorites?
I only have various songs as of now, but I plan on going out and buying some.


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Adamist]
    #4202011 -

He only put out three albums while he was alive, all are great.

They were

Five leaves left

Bryter Layter

Pink Moon

Bryter Layter is my personal favorite, but Pink moon is incredible as well. The first one is really good too but I don't think it's as consistent as a record as the other two.

Fly, place to be, things behind the sun, parasite, and river man are a few of my favorite songs of his, but there are a bunch more I really, really like.

This guy really was a great musician. His playing has a great vibe. He's one of the biggest influences on my own playing, and one of only two artists I've ever had anybody compare my playing to, which I obviously take as a huge compliment, although I know it has more to do with my atmosphere than my skill. :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Adamist]
    #4202028 -

Nick Drake's finger picking is ill.
"Day is Done", "Been Smoking Too Long", "Mayfair", "Time of No Reply"... so many good tracks.

Definitely try and get "Time of No Reply" or one of the other post-mortem collections that include his home recordings. :thumbup:


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: TinTree]
    #4203010 -

I'll have to check out some of his work. I play guitar myself.
Bryter Layter would be the best one? how are the others?


--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Foci]
    #4203082 -

black eyed dog is one of my favorite songs by him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Foci]
    #4203138 -

Bryter Layter is just my favorite. I think Pink Moon is more popular in general.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4203662 -

I just downloaded pink moon and fly, what a great sound!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Noetical]
    #4205906 -

pink moon is great. my favorite song is parasite.

also the song been smoking too long is good. placebo do an excellent cover of it.


--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: TinTree]
    #4279055 -

TinTree said:
Nick Drake's finger picking is ill.
"Day is Done", "Been Smoking Too Long", "Mayfair", "Time of No Reply"... so many good tracks.

Definitely try and get "Time of No Reply" or one of the other post-mortem collections that include his home recordings. :thumbup:



He didn't write "Been Smoking Too Long" - he covered it from a female songwriter he liked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4279142 -

I love Nick Drake, have all of his albums including the one released after he died (Time of No Reply), and heaps of early stuff that I don't think was on any of the four other albums. My favourite album is Pink Moon, mostly because of the amazing atmosphere he creates with just guitar and vocals. I can't get over it. The only problem with that album is that it's only 29 minutes long, which is a bit short.

He's had a massive influence on my guitar playing, and people have said that he's obviously been influential when they hear me play acoustic guitar. I just think he's great.


--------------------
You'll thank me when you share my politics!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: woleb]
    #4279290 -

Yeah, I love all of his work, but Pink Moon is my favourite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4280302 -

After reading everyone's comments and opinions, I've decided I must check him out.

Just queued up Pink Moon in a couple different places... hopefully I will be back soon with an opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Adamist]
    #4283654 -

Yeah, Nick Drake's really got a hold on me too.

My favorite album must be Pink Moon, just for the vibe of it. Unfortunately it's pretty short and surprisingly there are no songs that come out on their own. Instead the album just "flows" I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: RiverMan]
    #4283912 -

RiverMan said:
Yeah, Nick Drake's really got a hold on me too.

My favorite album must be Pink Moon, just for the vibe of it. Unfortunately it's pretty short and surprisingly there are no songs that come out on their own. Instead the album just "flows" I guess.



Nah, it's suppesod to be a sparse album. The songs are perfect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4288815 -

Drake was a true architect of sound. "Horn" blows my mind every time I hear it!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4290148 -

JacquesCousteau said:
After reading everyone's comments and opinions, I've decided I must check him out.

Just queued up Pink Moon in a couple different places... hopefully I will be back soon with an opinion.



You're going to love his work. If it does not hit you right away, give it some time, it will embrace you in the sweetest way music can.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4290432 -

my ex girlfriend was a huge Ben Harper freak til I suggested she listen to Nick Drake, now she says Ben is a poser...lol

i can't say i disagree


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: kake]
    #4297862 -

yea, he covered a lot of stuff. his melodies were haunting, great stuff really, but the lyrics were lacking. just muddled incoherent stuff he plugged in to finish his tunes. fruit tree is the only song i can think of that defies this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nick Drake... one of the most amazing, soulful musicians I've ever heard [Re: Godspeed]
    #4298239 -

my favourite album is 5 leaves left, but i have all 3 of the albums that were released while he was alive, and love them all.

:thumbup:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* . TheHateCamel 735 6 01/17/04 05:26 PM
by fung_us_among_us
* Musician With GF jealousy ¿? LoGerLunD 322 5 03/12/18 01:46 AM
by Buffy
* Nick Drake shroomanic 1,310 11 01/21/07 02:08 PM
by daytripper23
* Musicians...Shrooms or LSD?
( 1 2 all )
orizon 8,108 26 07/16/10 11:49 AM
by Sunny
* Nick Drake FleaAccela 488 6 10/28/07 02:38 PM
by Limerick
* any musicians or beatmakers?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TODAY 6,793 75 04/06/08 08:26 AM
by tak
* Touring Musicians... ShroomismM 807 7 05/27/03 06:36 PM
by GabbaDj
* musicians? peaceful 1,105 5 05/15/01 12:17 AM
by HB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,302 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.