Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus?
    #4089901 - 04/23/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I got this from http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mes03.htm
Quote:

There are three major precursors to mescaline, namely dopa, tyramine and dopamine. During mescaline synthesis in the plant, tyrosine is broken down into tyramine and dopa. These then combine to form dopamine, which is later converted to nor-mescaline, and of course mescaline.

It is possible to take advantage of this synthesis route, and use it to vastly increase the mescaline content of the Cactus that will be harvested.

This method can be used successfully on any mescaline bearing Cacti. The steps are as follows:

... 1. Withhold water from the plant 2 weeks prior to doping. This helps the plant to absorb any injected material more readily.

... 2. Prepare a saturated solution of free-base dopamine in a .05 N solution of HCL. If dopamine is not available a second best alternative is to use a mixture of tyramine and dopa.

... 3. Inject approximately 5cc of the solution, half towards the bottom of the plant by the roots. Inject the other half into the green tissue at the base of the plant, and in several other spots up the stem. Do this slowly ,carefully, leaving the needle in place for a few seconds to allow absorption.

... 4. Wait 4 to 8 weeks before harvest to let the additives metabolize and convert to mescaline. I would not stress the plant during this period, as an actively growing plant is necessary for efficient metabolism.

... 5. The harvest can be delayed further and a series of booster injections can be given every 6 - 8 weeks to bolster alkaloid levels even more.

Unfortunately many of these precursor compounds are hard to come by or controlled.

Which compounds are controled in the US? And does this work?

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4240083 - 05/31/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Oh thats quite old news,and i somehow dont think it would work that great.Sounds easy in a text but do this experiment : Buy a very cheap cactus from your local nursery,buy a syringe as well.Now try injecting your cactus with water...Whoops! Did you encounter some problems? Solution wont go in ,and if it goes in wont stay in? Yes,its quite different than injecting a human with a liquid.

There is also the tech utilising DMSO that can be used in many transdermal applications.It could be considered "quite dangerous" for the layman since a spill on your skin will carry whatever you dissolve in it in your circulation...Hmmm,anyone tastes garlic? (Thats what you will TASTE if it gets absorbed through your skin!).DMSO also doesnt need waterstarving. Check this out http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:Kr2...2+%2B&hl=el

Of course you could stress your plants the oold fashioned way or use some cytokinins on them look at my thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4198829

Tyramine i think can be found OTC in healthfood stores ,maybe L-dopa can be taken from a pharmaceutical or Mucuna beans!

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4240480 - 05/31/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would stress them. I usually put mine(Pedro's) in the dark cold fridge for a week and then put them in the searing hot sun for a day (or until they get a little sunburnt). Also, before I cut them I like to poke them with long thin spines from other cacti to simulate an animal attack.

--------------------

Offlinepurplegreens
peaceful
Female User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: JB201]
    #4240633 - 05/31/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I would stress them. I usually put mine(Pedro's) in the dark cold fridge for a week and then put them in the searing hot sun for a day (or until they get a little sunburnt). Also, before I cut them I like to poke them with long thin spines from other cacti to simulate an animal attack.

Yeah and I usualy pour flaming napalm on mine... Wtf? Why would you do that to your cactus?

--------------------

All I know is something like a bird within her sang

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: purplegreens]
    #4240922 - 05/31/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Umm, to heighten the alkaloid content before chopping it up and eating it. Why would you poor napalm on your cactus?! :wink:

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4240964 - 05/31/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A healthy cactus is a productive cactus.

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: faslimy]
    #4241039 - 05/31/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Forever-

I do it to stress the shit out of them, before I consume them. I'm not doing this to a rooted cactus, I do it to cuttings which I plan to consume, and I have noticed a potency difference between pedro's I've stressed and one's I have not stressed. Burning it with napalm would not give it enough time to produce more alkaloids, because it would be a bunch of ashes. LOL

I also think that micronutes have a lot to do with alk. production so I use alot of Ironite (my favorite fert, It really greens everything up).

--------------------

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: faslimy]
    #4241250 - 05/31/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
A healthy cactus is a productive cactus.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: esin]
    #4241274 - 05/31/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Other than that some folks *hypothesize* that if one somehow puts excess nitrogen into the cactus without burning the roots, it'll have to find a way to take care of it. And we all know how alkaloids are nitrogen based molecules. The rest is math. http://archives.thenook.org/tek/Foliar_Feedi.html

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Increasin alkaliod levels in cactus? [Re: esin]
    #4243239 - 06/01/05 06:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dont forget though that negative feedback mechanisms may be present... Maybe when alkaloids hit a certain level some genes get downregulated!

Stressing cacti CUTTINGS is good.If i make a cuttign at some point i will try to stress it using mechanical stimuly +submerging it to 15% aqueous solution of coconut milk.Do this,put it in a month in darkness and maybe your 18 inches will be able to satisfy you more that expected (Heh,that sounded dirty!)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag