Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDead Shaman
enthusiast

Loc: Unknown
Dream Memory
    #420569 - 10/10/01 09:07 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

This is a subject which I personally encounter in almost every dream I have, but one on which I have never seen any printed material. Dream memory (as I call it) is the memory of past events you have when your dreaming. In my experience this type of memory can differ slightly to greatly from concious memory, the memory you have of real events in your concious waking lives. For example I have had dreams where rooms in my house were different, doors were on other sides of the room, streets led to different areas, and so on and so on. And all the while none of this seems out of the ordinary because my dream memory is telling me that these things are real (by which I mean events that have been recorded in my memory as real). More curiously and more often, I will actually have dreams in which I have full and clear memories of events that never happened in real life. To use an example from last nights dream, I had a video game I played which actually placed my body into a house in which I was being hunted by a grim reaper-like figure, the thing is I had a clear memory of always having this game and playing it before. In some cases this has been so intense that I actually live/lead a life that radically differs altogether from the one I lead in my concious waking state. Again all the while never having a doubt that the memories are false. For example having a dream that I am an Intergalactic Space Traveller travelling the Universe seeking revenge.

Has anyone ever had dreams like this or read any material concerning this phenomena? Any theories?

Is this due to the fact that there is a part of the brain that retains a separate and collective memory for our dreams? Are there perhaps different levels of memory? What is happening when you cannot remember if something really happened or if it was just a dream? And furthermore how can we rationally believe our waking concious memory over dream memory, when both appear to you to be real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewacamaster
Re: Dream Memory [Re: Dead Shaman]
    #422675 - 10/11/01 11:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I really don't know what to say, but I have had dreams like you were talking about where your "memory" is made up.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #422862 - 10/12/01 04:47 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

There is a conceptual theory, I am talking about a lot in a last time, wich is IMO the one wich is the right one.

It says that there is no valid memory as something that is based in your brain in a way it is based in a computer.
Memory is connectning all sorts of concepts. For an example, if you see dragon in a movie you never seen before, from that moment, in your "memory" the dentrites make new connection which connects your concept of dragon with that movie. (OK, movie is not a concept, but all thigs that happened in that movie are concepts that exist in you brain, so they are connected to concept of dragon).

Concepts are acctually not something really where is written dragon in this case, but it is the center from which further connections on dragon start (for exaple...fire...big one....lizzard...fairy tail...etc).

The new concepts are being born every day, and more you know, there is much more concepts for wich the new concept can be connected. So, that is the reason why you can learn much easier the fourth language, the the second one.

Next, the dreams could have the fuction (this is not directly connected to this theoryy, but fits in that theory very, very good....) of connecting or better to say reorganisation of existing concepts.....have you ever learn at night, next day went to exam, and did it much better than you thought you know? It happened to me many times.....

Next, you know that many inventios, ideas where born in the dreaming time...

In this theory random from quantum theory enables us to move further from regular concepts... but that is another story.

And finnaly....when you dream you travel trough your concepts, and connect them in not so regular way.. those concepts lead you to another concepts which make you dream all sorts of weird things.
And those connections are actually your new memories.

Your "real" memory is nothing than connection of conncepts...which are based on linearity...so it makes them be your history (if there was not before and after, you could never know is that your memory, or just a dream..and that is a bunch of the connections on conncepts that fit very nice)...and when you dream you make new connections (and probably new concepts)...which worth to you same as a "real" memory.

On your question about separate memories on dreams and real time, it means that they are not separate, but only that dreams are connected to all sorts on concepts less then in the real world.
And often there are lot of dead ends...wich "keep" that dream far from your "memory".

Sorry for grammar and spelling...if you feel it is imortant please write it properly.
I think that thise theory is the most advanced I ever met and I want it to share with people who are interested in knowledge...not just myth.

Finnaly...this theory can explain many interesting things such as deja vus etc. a way easier than any other. And in informatics it is well known thing that the best programs, and the best hardware are allways the simplest ones.

Edited by Crobih on 10/12/01 06:00 AM.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: Dream Memory [Re: Crobih]
    #422937 - 10/12/01 06:43 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I pasted the text above on The New model topic....so if anybody is interested in debate over it, come there.
Thanks

If you think that Ralph is a cool guy, or even worse, that you support him, than you are an idiot. But from another point of view you are all good people sometimes
~Crobih

OfflinePsYcH_crazy
Stranger
Loc: Canada
    #484411 - 12/08/01 07:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Guy that some serious shit! I hve ahd similar dreams there slightly diffrent in away that i get déjà-vous! Like all do something like your walking like a neighbourhood you never been in but you know where your going because you already seen it, But you never been there

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order