Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
memories of the future...
    #686807 - 06/18/02 08:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Iv'e read from many sources that say dreams are actually memories of the future. I was just wondering if by controlling the outcomes of your dreams through lucid dreaming, if you could possibly have some power to create your own waking life....but only to some extent, I understand that if this was entirely true everyone would have a picture perfect life. Has anyone here controlled their waking life through lucid dreaming?? or are these memories of the futre just warning signs or a guide map for choices?....
Trev
Peace

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: memories of the future... [Re: ChubbSubb]
    #686881 - 06/18/02 09:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I believe that we plan our waking lives through our dreams. Usually when I have a problem that I can't figure out, I have a dream about it and then I wake up and know the answer. Here's one.. I was learning how to drive stick. My friend explained it to me several times and I tried a bunch of times but I just couldn't do it properly without stalling out or jerking the car. Then I had a dream that I was driving stick shift perfectly, from 0-Go everytime smoothly and shifting the gears without grinding or anything. The next day I woke up and asked my friend if I could try again, and I did, from 0-go perfectly, shifting smoothly through every gear.. even stopping several times just to see if I could do 0 to Go perfectly every time and I could. I could drive stick perfect ever since. Coincidentally, four of my friends also learned how to drive stick smoothly in their dreams.

I think they serve a variety of functions.. one is to figure out the solutions to problems that we have in our waking life. Another would be to plan the future, or even to warn us of something that may occur in the future. Another dream I had was with a cousin of mine, it was a long dream but she ended up being shot in the left arm by some ninjas, rendering her immobile. Two weeks after that dream, I was at a soccer game, and the same cousin from my dream was tripped and fell and broke her left arm, she was unable to finish the season. I have also had a variety of different dreams in which I am in a certain situation, an odd situation, and I remember everything that is going on and all the dialogue spoken. Then a few days later in waking life, I find myself in that exact same situation, and I feel a sense of Deja Vu. Only then do I realize I had a dream about the exact dialogue and situation only a few days before.

I dream a lot.. and I tend to remember a lot of them. Lucid Dreams are my favorite because I am in control. Can you control your waking life through lucid dreaming? I say yes. You control lucid dreams by thinking about something.. whatever you think about, happens, instantly. In waking life, it is similar, but there are more steps involved. You think about something, you decide that you want to do it, and you take whatever steps are neccessary to put that thought into action. I think Lucid Dreaming is like a practice ground for waking reality.. at least that is one of its purposes.. because you get to see the results of your thought instantly. There is no delay in waiting to see how your thoughts affect your environment.

The future is not set in stone... I believe that there are multiple paths that can be chosen to effect the outcome of the future. The path that is chosen is what creates your future. I believe that dreams have a way of showing us what one particular path could bring us in the future.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: memories of the future... [Re: ]
    #687091 - 06/18/02 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well stated.

it seems to me that lucid dreams are more real than waking life...
i choose to view consensus reality as practice for the Dream.

does repeatedly returning to thestory make it Real?
or is the density of Malkuth only a sign of it's illusory nature...

a lucid dream taught me how the seer IS the scene, the viewer IS the viewed, the observer IS...

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #687138 - 06/19/02 12:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

are dreams memories of the future?

what are memories?

do they represent reality in a different time or a different reality in the present?

I always thought that memories are like dreams.
maybe because for the most part we only "experience" dreams through memory.

or we could throw away time entirely

then dream is memory is waking life.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: memories of the future... [Re: Middleman]
    #687148 - 06/19/02 12:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

when i set my alarm clock to the radio in the morning ( it differs all the time, so im not habituated) i wake up dreaming that the radios on, and then just as i wake up i can hear it actually turning itself on, so im waking up just prior to the alarm going off, i pushed this aside as a confusion of psychology like deja vu... interesting

and the other day i was asleep and thought i heard someone call out my name to tell me someone was on the phone, about half an hour later i was woken up by the very same voice... after the phonecall i asked who else rang, she said nobody, and that she didnt call out either...?

where did you find this out?
references?

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: memories of the future... [Re: deepr]
    #687182 - 06/19/02 01:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've read about active dreaming for a while now......very very interesting stuff. Even more interesting is that the more you try to remember your dreams as you fall asleep the more dreams you remeber when waking up and the more you believe your dreams are a very important part of you existence, the more significant your dreams become. Dreaming is just like any other technique, the more you practice and try to learn the better you become at it nad everyone has the skills to be an active dreamer.......just not everyone dreams anymore, it almost seems as if it has been forgotten art. Lucid dreaming is very much something anyone can learn..
A couple books i would recommend are by Robert Moss, he is a dreamworker/shamanic counselor....the books are
Conscious Dreaming and Dreamgates......check them out
Peace, Trev

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
    #690430 - 06/20/02 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

does anyone else get recurring situations and scenes in their dreams? places that i am familiar with in reality, get twisted and changed, then repeated, and often i cant remember these places outside of dreaming. Its only when im conscious of dreaming that I remember that this is a place that i come to often...
i am definitely going to get into lucid dreaming more again, i lost my ability to a little while ago, what i usually found though, was when i had the opportunity to start lucidity, it would be too much effort, i would rather sleep, i could feel my brain starting up and working, when i would rather just relax and sleep...
i also got to the stage where i was dreaming so much, that it began to get annoying, id constantly wake up all nite after these dreams, they were just too intense

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology