Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Chloride

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
damp rid..using upper bucket for shrooms
    #4187282 - 05/17/05 05:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

is it a safe assumption that filling the bottom of the bucket with damp rid and using the top part (which is normally reserved for the damp rid) to put shrooms in would work? by filling the very bottom up with damp rid, there is no reservoir to collect water to..which has me wondering if it will work like this or not. i don't have time right now to make a separate chamber so i'm hoping someone has done this before or can answer. i did a quick search but again, 71 posts is too time consuming to go through. thanks in advance

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: damp rid..using upper bucket for shrooms [Re: SuperD]
    #4187352 - 05/17/05 05:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldnt really worry about having a "Water resevoir"...the damp rid should absorb it all, so that should work fine

--------------------

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #4187524 - 05/17/05 06:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That's how I dry mine. Toss the bucket. I put about an inch of damp rid in the bottom, then a crumpled up newspaper. I take about a 1/4 sheet of newspaper and rest that on top - shrooms go in there.

I like dry them wrapped in a thermal shirt tied in front of a box fan for several hours first.

I've heard damprid can be "recharged" by baking but havent' tried it yet, if you live the South, you can usually find refills. I have also heard of people baking brown rice instead.

The newspaper will help absorb moisture and can be easily replaced, saving your damprid, plus it puts a barrier of protection between your little guys and some calcium chloride. The damprid will clump up eventually, and this is when it should be thrown out or attempted salvage.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: damp rid..using upper bucket for shrooms [Re: namaste]
    #4187620 - 05/17/05 06:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

thanks to both of you. and yea i always let them sit in a window sill for a couple of days until theyre *almost* dry..but due to it being so damn humid where i live, they never become fully dried just by that alone.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #4188047 - 05/17/05 07:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I store mine that way in an open ziplock baggie sitting in the plastic tray...if you have a bunch to store use a big jar with the damprid in the bottom of the jar and a bigger open at the top baggie :smile:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Chloride

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation