Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST
    #562470 - 02/25/02 11:07 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Damp-Rid and the Slimey Pink [Re: vatoloco]
    #562488 - 02/25/02 11:30 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

you need to cut a hole in teh bottom corner and slightly tilt the drying chamber to drain that excess water. the water is leaving the shrooms and has to go somethere...

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #562496 - 02/25/02 11:37 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #562515 - 02/25/02 11:55 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

hey ese! i use damp-rid, the pink shit happens to me too, dont know what causes it. like beppo said you are sopposed to have a spot for the water to drain. BUT i find it difficult to do with damp-rid. damp-rid absorbs the water and turns to a hard crast like, seems the water dont wanna go anywhere to even drain. i put a drainage spot in my drying chambe, i souldnt get any water whatso ever to drain properly. maybe thats why i fly through damp-rid, o well its cheap enough i guess. i think this works better with other disaccants.

word holmes! you set trippin in my vatio?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #562516 - 02/25/02 11:58 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

oh youre right i forgot!
damp-rid is a magical substance capable of absorbing suspended H20 molecules from teh air. then once it captures them the magic begins and the damp rid has teh ability to destroy matter particles so the water just vanishes. i think it may be some portal to another dimension but nothing is proven yet.
i hope you caught my point.its pink because its not sterile and therefore got contaminated; no big deal unless you dip your shrooms in it before ingestion
if theres a gallon of it then you musta been drying a shitload of shrooms cos a gallon of liquid weighs (i have no clue) more than 3 pounds which would be ~1344grams and the ratio of water to solid in a shroom is 10:1 so that means you have about 5 ounces of dry shrooms. nice harvest.
ok im really a nice guy i just feel like being sarcastic today :smile:
peace

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Damp-Rid and the Slimey Pink [Re: pleezr]
    #562518 - 02/25/02 11:59 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

im telling you guys once you go box fan you'll never touch that BS only for the second stage of drying, you can lay out the monkeys on top of a box fan and they'll be nearly dry in 12 hours, totally in 24... screw dessicant unless its for 2nd dry..

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Damp-Rid and the Slimey Pink [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #562542 - 02/25/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Could possibly be contaminated, but I'd heavily wager it's something else. . .wet calcium chloride doesn't support life very well. Just rub it on your handst and see. Could be, though, anything that can survive the walls of MY shower. . . .
For CaCl2 to work well, it has to be dusty-dry; even when it starts to glisten, the surface area for rH absorption is reduced. Much, much, much better to fan dry until they are 'mostly dry' THEN put them into the dessicant chamber. Despite what I've read here before, wet CaCl2 does not regenerate when put in the oven---it dissolves into a HOT gooey mess.
If you use it only on 'mostly dry' fruits, a chamber will last for a very long time--which is nice because spent/wet dessicant is really nasty shit.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Damp-Rid and the Slimey Pink [Re: LSD_4me]
    #562606 - 02/25/02 01:29 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

I agree 100%!!! My friend started out using damp-rid and had horrid results. Rotten fruit every single time (she was overloading the drying chamber). She started using a fan for the initial dry (about 12 hours) and then uses the damp-rid for the final dry and storage. No more rotten fruit!

A quick way to make a good water trap is to use a tapered drinking glass that can hold a funnel about halfway down (you can cut the tip of the funnel for more room). Put a small screen in the bottom of the funnel and fill the funnel about 2/3 full with dry-rite. Add another screen on top to keep your fruit from touching the chemicals. Add the fruit on top of the upper screen and cover the glass with some plastic wrap. The water will collect in the bottom of the drinking glass under the funnel. (Make sure there is space between the funnel stem and the bottom of the glass so the water has a place to drain.) Because the space left at the top of the glass is small, it is more difficult to overload the system.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag