Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejubjub
electric light
 User Gallery
Loc: waikato
succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :)
    #4173767 - 05/14/05 08:52 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, this is my first post to this site....which only just makes me smile at the vast powers of the hallucination of technology that is the Internet.....im an avid fan of the psychedelic experience and having read Carlos Castenanda again i cannot wait to party with the mushroom gods.....

ive found a lot of these type just near my residence; i live in New Zealand... unfortunately my first batch which were some meanies indeed started to rot due to my lack of knowledge of preservation, however some buddies ingested by means of mushie teas and tripped thier balls off....

...im pretty sure from reseaching of this site that these are Psilocybe cyanescens, and they bruise hardout blue, just thought id check....

oh and just some quick questions:

i love LSD, have taken enough trips to understand the power; soley used with music and good enviroment and people; now the last time i took shrooms i had such an intense trip that it scared me off in a suttle sense until i realised the beauty of knowledge in the area in terms of preparation which is the key for a beautiful ride, the last time some guy through someone boiled a whole load which was just too much...im all into this measure the dry mushies now and the beauty of being able to have some for trippy adventures, esp at the snow this year, hehe

, anyway my question: how much dried cyanscens would you reccommend for a person confortable on psychedelics, im really looking forward to getting to know the shroom well these season.....thanks for the dryinf tips they are looking beautiful; brought my DAMPRID from the captialist fuckers at the warehouse today...hehe

thanks whoever reads this and heres to good time :smile:

[image][/image]  [image][/image]  [image][/image]

hehe, photos up now :smile:

--------------------
?Man proposes and disposes?it is simply up to him to belong entirely to himself; that is, to maintain in a state of anarchy the band of his desires which will each day become more formidable.?- Andre Br?ton

Edited by jubjub (05/14/05 09:01 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRetired
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens? [Re: jubjub]
    #4173770 - 05/14/05 08:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Never taken cyan before so I dont know how much to take. I would post pictures if your not 100% sure what they are(people around here are very helpful in figuring that out). There is a list of rules when posting for identification. I just picked my cubes and damn did they turn purple!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: jubjub]
    #4173796 - 05/14/05 09:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

>how much dried cyanscens would you reccommend for a person confortable on psychedelics,

1.5-2 g dry will give you a quite potent trip. (comparable to 3 - 4 g P. cubensis)

Offlinejubjub
electric light
 User Gallery
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: Anno]
    #4173814 - 05/14/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey thanks so much; cant wait to measure em out and plan a day of beauty :wink:

--------------------
?Man proposes and disposes?it is simply up to him to belong entirely to himself; that is, to maintain in a state of anarchy the band of his desires which will each day become more formidable.?- Andre Br?ton

OfflineRetired
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: jubjub]
    #4173816 - 05/14/05 09:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

is DAMPRID an appropriate way of drying? seems rather chemical.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4174336 - 05/14/05 01:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There are no Psilocybe cyanescens in New Zealand. They are most likely Psilocybe subaeruginosa, Psilocybe tasmaniana or Psilocybe eucalypta.

mjshroomer.

Copes and liberty caps also grow in either north or south island.

mj

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4175015 - 05/14/05 04:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

wow those are amazingly cool looking mushrooms, they should bring you a very nice trip. Enjoy!

Offlinewingless
Thargron theShroom

Loc: California Northern
    #4175301 - 05/14/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

grrr, wish i had that sort of luck with finding shroomies...

Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

Loc: Wellington
    #4175847 - 05/14/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

heyo jubjub

those are Psilocybe subaeruginosa, a potent species common here in NZ. Nice find!

Have fun :grin:

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: haunted]
    #4176394 - 05/14/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i would eat the tray woth.

--------------------

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4176450 - 05/14/05 11:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey hope you didnt put those in a plastic bag? they look a little rotten on my screen?

anyways, dosing is difficult.

i find with the smaller specimens, only 0.5g - 1g is necessary for a decent trip, it does vary alot. fresh = generally a little more potent.

havent had enough experience with larger specimens to give an accurate description of potency, perhaps someone else can comment.

Offlinejubjub
electric light
 User Gallery
Re: succesful morning find...are these cyanescens?...now with photos :) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4176578 - 05/15/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey dude, thanks for clarifying my species....tis such fun knowing more about them.....

had a question for you, i checked under the New Zealand shrooms on this site and they mention Copelandia cyanscens?, what is the difference between these are the psilocybe cyanescens, im just curious :smile:

cheers

--------------------

OfflineArcanis
Shroom Wizard

Loc: California
    #4176672 - 05/15/05 01:34 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Those seem pretty nice

--------------------
Every great mage has to start somewhere with some herb. I choose Shrooms and Weed.

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
    #4176866 - 05/15/05 02:43 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

copelandia cyanescens and psilocybe cyanescens are totally different species.

copelandia cyanescens grow in the warmer months on dung.

psilocybe cyanescens are a cold fruiting mushroom growing from wood (woodchips, pine needles, etc)

the mushrooms you have are psilocybe subaeruginosa which are closely related to psilocybe cyanescens (similar potency, grow from the same substrate, fruiting temps, some specimens look macroscopically similar, etc)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification