Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington
    #1914324 - 09/13/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by Stymee (09/13/03 11:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington [Re: Stymee]
    #1914745 - 09/14/03 04:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hell yea man i cant wait till season its gonna be awesome

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1914920 - 09/14/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

SHit I just posted major differences between P. stuntzii and P. cyans./ P. stuntzi's have straw colored stems P. cyans have white stems with extreme bluing,

P. stuntzii;s havew a pronounced ceil which stains blue when damaged and P. cyans have no veil at all. The chestnut colored capp usually separates the light brown caps opf the stuntzii;'s which acan also appear to be chestnut in some collections. P. stuntzii;s will get very purple caps in some collections from sopores spreading onto them while the chestnut color caps of p. cyans remind a reddish brown. Both have ewavy upturned caps but P. cyans are a woodchip shroom sometimes spereading into surrounding grasses along mucled areas and blue rins-gers are originally from pasturelands where they are rare as hell and appear in lawns most of the year and later int he late fall in woodchips.

I just posted ten images and theya ll disappeared again. this is weird. and the second time tihis has happened to me in three days here at the shroomery.

I willpost again but it is irritation g to have to pick the images back out to make the point.

Bluing in blue ringers:

dried stuntzii's or close to drying

and a few woodchip varieties:

From the Freeway Park in 1977: From a bed box where they grew wall to wall:

The smae image turned around to show slug bites:

And there you have the blue Ringers (1 of three variaties) in lawns, woodchops and drying. I also posted images in March and April of this year of collections with Roadkill and his son while photographing them in the city.

and again after I came back from Thailand and camboiida in the mifddle of august.

Next the P. cyanescens images.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1914924 - 09/14/03 08:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, becaue I have fucked up the posting I seem to have posted two images twice and cannot remember what the missing images were.

So thats that one. Now to the next species mentioned int he list above.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1914945 - 09/14/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

HEre are some reprecentative P. azurexens from Astoria and hammond, Oregon.

More to come

These are P. azurescens, 99% of them are only found along the northern coastal regions of oregon.

mj

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1914964 - 09/14/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well...

those last ones you posted from 2002, they are so beautiful they are like flying saucers with beautiful princesses gliding on a black forest of magical sprites and faeries and big sparkling pollen.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1914966 - 09/14/03 08:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

P. cyanescens and P. azurecens growing side by side in a the same public park.

You can see the P. azurescens at the right of the luster of P. cyanescens

ANd a close up of the clump of P. cyanescens

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1914990 - 09/14/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ANd again I posted images of P. stuntzii with Seattle Time s Headlines to show dates in both March and April of this year. They do sometimes grow all year long.

baeos come up in Lae June July Augusut and september in lawns and from later Sept to Dec in woodchips if there is no freeze or frost. I have seen snowstorms on November 22 here in the late 1970s so it can freeze early. WE have been lucky these past 6 years with no snow in the city expcept two days last march and april with a light freeze.

Stymee, your post on cardboards P. cyanescens which were really Baeocystis have all of the maages missing from the post.

Many of my early images are also missing.

Here are caredboards missing baeocystis images from my folder titled other peoples baeoscystis shroom images.

and

And Workmand thought the growth was different or strange but I have taken Andrew Weil to a patch where the lawn was wall to wall like those in Cardboard's picture

and now some of my bluing in baeo pictures

Lawn Varieties

A few woodchip varieties

mj

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #1915000 - 09/14/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Truly awesome photos MJ. I especially liked this one...

Two giant patches of Azures and Cyans right next to each other! If I had to guess, I?d say you scored that photo in the Astoria area.

Like the old saying goes, a picture is worth a million words. This thread is a lesson for new and old hunters alike.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1915013 - 09/14/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybe fimetaria, the forgotten blue ringer, and so do the Psubfimetaria know knonwn a s P. sierrae.

From SEattle a few teaser piftures. these can gerow in lawns or in wood chips and in manyure inthe pastures where they are arare but the pasture is their natural habitat but are scarce maybe one in twwenty years or a few clumps or clusters and that is it. In lawns and woodchiops, only becasue the spores are inthe topspoils and the mycelia attaches itself tot eh alder.

hhere are a few great shots of a large clusters.

And they willbe found inand amongst P. stuntziias do some baeocystis from time to time/

And those are comm0n in the Seattle area, not so much as the normal blue ringers but the rings do blue like P. stuntzii and they are vry similar in appearance. in lawns and in woodchips at diferent times of the year.

MJ

Edited by mjshroomer (09/14/03 09:38 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1915104 - 09/14/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

And some P. cyanescens images.

Light bluing in the stem. four of these weight about and ounce of fresh and will get four to six people high. these are large P. cyansomething rare these day because most people pick allt he little potent fuckers before letting them grow so everyone picks everyone they find when they see them so no one else can have a chance to pick any.

See the l8ght bluing in the caps

This little fellow was green-blue naturaly from damage form natural elements such as weather conditions or animals running across them, dogs, squirrels, etc.

113 lawn P. cyans on a box of Ritz crackers

Mny pickied specimens turning blue as they are drying in a pizza box

And now two single filed laid out collections of P. cyanescens whith the stems beginning to blue and some light bluing along the edges of the cap

In Lawns

Here are a group in a lwn which have become hygroophanous due to extreme cold and sun drying while one specime retains its reddish chestnut color.

ANd here are some Woodchip muclch, mostly alder or alder sawdust or alder branches.

A close-up of the last image from the rioght center of the picture

A fesh ounce of these smaller ones and even smaller than these can get 6-20 people high. This only occurs in this particular species.

mj

Some specimens lid out to dry and photographed on a Kinkos scanner

Above and below on 11-21-2002.

taken on 11-23-2002

Dried P. cyanescens or in the process of drying

ANd those were from Dec 4, 2002.

More to follow of the PNW species below.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1915219 - 09/14/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Shit! Shit1 Shit! I just again deleted a whole post accidently becasue i cannot see witht hese supidd tri-focal glasses.

So i am going to my puicture file and trie to repost the images.

I had bluing and then pasturemeadowland shrooms fo liberty caps.

lets see what the foldwer will open I lost the massive text and i do not feel like repaeating myself a third time.

Liberty caps with bluing inthem two regula and one from BEC canada picked with Spsilocysimon and my friend Grant a few years back,

mj

THis image was taken in 1976 and photographed inthe basement of the American Dream headshop on 55th and University way inthe basement ofrfice of homestread Book Company just as it became the frirst northwest distributor of High Times and Rolling Stone Magazine.

A cluster of libety caps with little nipples drying to a straw-yellow color in the sun. Kent, Washington

From integration 2-3

Of Scheibler from France

More to come below of the PNW shrooms this fall starting right about now for blue ringers in more abuindance since the weather has changed and there has been light rain. that is all it takes.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1915361 - 09/14/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

PSilocybe pelliculosa grows abundantly and prolifically in clear cuts int he PNW. You can opbtain a liscense from Warehauswer company for $35.00 to go onto three of there clear cuts where you might find thesese shrooms which grow by the hundreds of thousands . Noone but hunters are out there besides you. If solmeone comes to target practive then go to another location a mile down the logging roiad.

I have gone with Roadkill and Chief Il Eagle form theDung brothers and we have seen sheellls lying along road areas inthe logging sites. the last time i picked my camera ran out of batteries so I got not to many images .

Here are about ten to feed and wet your whistle.

and some close ups from last winter

and for the novice collectors here is a few images of the habitat of the clear cuts.

Be forewarned that some clear cuts have been sprayed with toxic chemicals so make sure one reads signs along logging areas to make sure you are not venturing into a toxic region.

mj

habitats for P. pelliculosa and galerina autumnalis.

by the way in 15 years of collecting this species int he clearcuts, i have only once came across 18 specimens of P. cyanesnens off of the side of a logging road leading out of the clearcut, maybe three feet off the logging road meaning the spores fella longside the road whent he logs were being driven out of the clearcut. i have never again ever found these in the woods in a natural habitat. Photos with my camera by roadkill.

mj

Every f9ive or six feet into this clearcut cross-ways were veins of Gelrina aumnalis, a deadly species related tot he dealy Amanita mushrooms.

They too gropw in veins like P. pelliculosa and sometimes are growing over and under the P. pelliculosa.

The next five pictures illustrate the enormity of the growth of this one mushroom and this fall, the Peliiculosa's will start to appear int he forets clercuts. at least in some of those still left and recent inthe last 2-5 years old.

mj. Be careful and always be sure to have a qualified person help in your identification of any wild mushroom edible or otherwise.

mj

Goofd fall hunting and you can use this for a reference guiide.

Now a few notes of order. I have omitted Panaeolus subbalteatus becasue basically they are a spring shroom common in compot heaps and in stable shavings mixed with compost at riding stbels. they sometimes appear in cow manure and rarely in horse manure unless mixed with wrotted hay or composting hay. I omitted the Conocybe and Gymnopilus species becasue ther are too many posinous toxic species which look similar tot he deadly galerina and Concocybe filaris.

Enjoy the fall and be careful.

mj

mj

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1915396 - 09/14/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

WOW MJ WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you were the MAN when it comes to mushroom picking, but now ............now I am just amazed

LOOK at those CYAN patches !(the one SHROOM I NEVER FIND!!!!!!)

anyway, I hope this year isnt dry like last october(we had almost ZERO rain ALL MONTH......I was not a happy picker!, fucking global warming!)

please RAIN!!!!!( we have needed rain here to as "all of BC" is one fire )

we had 2 days of rain and now nothing again, and I thought it was going to pour for a week, next time it rains for 2 days I am going out there

by the way what do you guys do(MJ?????)
go out the day after one day of rain??????, my frined ken likes to wait 3 days

peace
psilocybeing

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1915663 - 09/14/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ok, i've viewed these pictures, i've ejaculated in my pants and now i'm exited for fall season to kick off :grin:.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington [Re: canid]
    #1915683 - 09/14/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

HI Concretefeet, I do not know what happened to the pictures in your post. The ones you thought were others and they were baeocystis. Luckily I had them in a folder in my computer labeled other peoples psilocybe images.

So I possted them in the thread here somewhere.

Have a shroomy day,m

mj

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1915821 - 09/14/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ahem....................

"by the way what do you guys do(MJ?????)
go out the day after one day of rain??????, my frined ken likes to wait 3 days "

personally after one night I look the next day, but it seems best if there are a few days

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1915854 - 09/14/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I actually find shrooms when i a not particularly looking for them or even thinking about them. For Instance in Cambopdia I was sstranding away from my hotel in the dark when two of the hotels traslators came over to asked me how I was and I looked down a t the ground and there was a phalic shaped ashroom, all white. I picked it up and it was a young unopened Lepiota.

Anyway. I do not look for them. Tghe boy thought he could hide it several times int he tall gerass and I found it two more times.

mj

Anonymous

. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1916332 - 09/14/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Photos of the first big scores - Oregon & Washington [Re: ]
    #1916540 - 09/14/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:nut: holy fucking hell i cant

i feel like there is this saliva bubbling in my mouth and just oozing and digesting the fungi on the table and they squiggly and cool in my mouth. DAJAGULDEH 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder