Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline__Casper__
Stranger
problems with sporechicks!!
    #415728 - 10/06/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everybody,

The reason for this post is to try and find some answers regaurding the vendor sporechcicks. I am not trying to make any accusations what so ever. However, I have had a very hard time in the last three months with sporechicks and I want to find out if there is even a chance of getting the spores that I ordered.

Ok, so here is what happened. About 3 to 3.5 months ago, I ordered 80 dollars worth of spores from sporechicks. My main problem was the fact that only half of that money was mine. 40 of it was a friend of a friend who is causing a lot of tension. Anyway, after about a month and a half I began wondering where the hell the package was. I emailed the sporechicks and I got a reply on August 23. The mail said: They finally recieved my letter and they sent the package out. They said: It should be there this week or the next depending on the mail.

That gave me cause to start getting ready for the arrival. The problem was that it didn't arrive. After another several(4 or 5) weeks, I emailed them again. This time no answer. Almost a week ago, I emailed them again, and still no answer.

I am not sure what happened with the package. If it was lost in the mail or confiscated(I doubt that) for some reason. It would be kind of nice to know that it is not coming and that I do have to reorder.

I have seen that sporechicks has been recieving praise for being back in business. I don't want to cause an problems with their business or reputation. All I want is to get what I paid for.

If anybody can help me with this situation, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

-Casper

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: __Casper__]
    #415758 - 10/06/01 12:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure you will get what you ordered.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #415788 - 10/06/01 01:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I doubt you'll get anything from the chicks they are washed up and should be removed from all the shroomery info on vendors and suppliers

Dr Bluethumbs Old School Toadstools
----------------------------------------------
LILSHOPOFSPORES
THEHAWKSEYE

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #415833 - 10/06/01 01:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

you will probably get it soon it just takes for ever.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: durban_poison]
    #416007 - 10/06/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (10/19/01 06:41 PM)

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #416025 - 10/06/01 05:31 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

what he said isnt intirely true. Sporechicks do deliver but just alot longer then you would think it would to take them(about 3 months). But in the mean time I would order from a company like sporeworks if you are in a hurry.

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: durban_poison]
    #416027 - 10/06/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Why would it take them 3 months where it would take Ryche Hawk 3 weeks?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
You show me yours and i'll show you mine!
Eh what the hell, I'll show you mine anyways!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Shroomr4life@hotmail.com

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: Abudiwa]
    #416033 - 10/06/01 05:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

BYE BYE sporethiefs they have got to go it took me 2 months to get my 8 syringes and then they were contaminated and ruined 36 jars.
They should be removed from everything that has to do with spores and vending

LILSHOPOFSPORES
THEHAWKSEYE

Offline__Casper__
Stranger
    #416893 - 10/07/01 01:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the imput. Personally, I sadly doubt that they are going to come. They might, but I doubt it. Anyway, I better order some more, I have been ready for them to come a long fucking time ago. I don't have to worry though Hawks Eye right? I would possibly go through sporeworks, but they don't have the strains I need in syringes. Anyway, thanks for the time.

Casper

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #416899 - 10/07/01 01:05 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Lilshop and hawkseye are both great vendors

LILSHOPOFSPORES
THEHAWKSEYE

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: World Spirit]
    #417606 - 10/08/01 03:59 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well here is my theory on what happened to the Sporechicks. I have no evidence to back this up, just my observations from running a successful spore business for many years.

That same day shipping bullshit they advertise got the best of them. It has a few vendors and almost ruined me a time or two. And I guarantee that will cause a lot of problems for  a few others attempting it now.
I wont mention any names. When your constantly under pressure to get spores our yesterday....because of all you impatient bastards ....:) ... just kidn........ a spore vendor is always rushing and sacrificing quality. What happens is all you ppl hear spore vendor X has SUPER FAST SHIPPING... NeXT day... I can have my spores this WEEK !!!!  These ppl are so FAST !!!!
Then this company gets a huge flock of orders all of a sudden, and it keep up for a while...... for a while.......because they built this reputation of fast shipping. yep, they built their reputation on fast shipping and cut throat prices. You get what you pay for.

Domesticating nature takes time folks. A lot of time. Mushrooms are slow growing and ensuring quality is even longer. Because I cropped strain X today does not mean I'll have syringes ready to ship next week. You can make up several batches of spore solution, test them, and if your constantly rushed to get them out, you may not wait long enough to see if bacteria or mold develops on your test grain and agar.  For example the contaminated  pink/purple mold the chicks got famous for sending out syringes infected with it. That mold is a form of trichoderma that does not even show up in test grain until 2-3 weeks later. Their is even one pink contam that can kill ppl. Fortunately it was only trichoderma they were playing with or some ppl would be dead right now. Many forms of bacteria may not even show up for a 1-2 weeks from putting your spores on grain.

So this vendor is already pressured for new orders, and all these back orders. They rush things to get orders out and not properly test spore batches, they send out lots of contaminated syringes. They think the heat is off. They keep sending them out. Then all of a sudden all the customers come back complaining and posting here about infected syringes. Well guess what, they have to give up their current stock to replace all those infected syringes.  And perhaps most of the current stock was rushed and infected as well. A much bigger mess is created and the cycle goes on and on. Even worse, then ppl dont get their orders at all, which is actually to your advantage, because they finally realize their is a problem that needs to be fixed so the cycle can stop. They are stressed..."what went wrong"... and ignore emails hoping to fix it.....Somewhere along the way lots of new mushrooms have to be grown ,which are slow growing, you have a long waiting period for new clean healthy spores, more customers sending money for new spores, plus you have this long list of angry customers waiting on replacements, more emails.... no answers...posts here.... your not sure what to respond to.....and the right thing to do is send out free extra syringes for the bad ones to begin with, your stock of spore syringes goes quick. And trust me ppl , making lots of spore syringes is no easy task, its straight up hard work. And it takes a lot of time and new crops with fresh clean healthy unifected spores. And we all know things go wrong and sometimes these babes just dont fruit or get contaminated.... more work, and running a spore business this is really bad news. No new healthy spores.

Once again domesticating nature is hard work and slow growing. So do you sacrifice quality and time just to satisfy customers impatient needs? Absolutly not.. when you do.. you it comes back to bite you in the ass.
When I first started my spore businenss many years ago, PF was the only vendor sending out spore syringes, one strain only. He advertised in High Times ...6 weeks for delivery. That was the norm for so long. Me speeding things up and sending out much quicker caused him to step it up.... but my rushing things caused me these same problems above a few times the first year.

So where am I going with all this? Domesticating nature takes time folks. Lots of time. I see a few new vendors trying to do the same thing, same day, next day shipping just as the sporechick did... for a while. It ends up biting you in the ass later.

The Hawks Eye has a rep of taking 10 days to 3 weeks. But you have not read a single post of contaminted syringes from us in a long time since we started taking a lot of xtra time to thoroughly test spore batches.  I'll tell you someone else that does it is sporeworks. Workman will not sacrafice quality for speed either. Neither does PF. Quality comes first. If we started skipping steps and shipping extremly fast every strain out there and not testing spore batches good enough it will come back to haunt us.  Sure, I get a great rep for sending our orders out real quick, then everyone flocks to us... more business then we can handle, and I have to start sacrificing quality because pressure is on. I wont do it. Been there done that, wont do it. It causes more problems then its worth. As you can see from what is going on with all the complaints about the sporechicks for many months. With 100% love and truth, I can say in my life the only bad karma that has come back to me is from me rushing out orders a few times over the years.  That is the only bad karma I can say I honestly pay .... is the times years ago I rushed things and sent out some bad batches and waisted some ppls time. I knew in my heart I should wait longer for better tests results, or was unsure.
But I let the pressure get to me and it came back to bite me in the ass. I apologize to those in my years of learning that I waisted their time for my mistakes. Trust me, that karma came back to me much worse in $$ and waisted time. I've learned, we all learn hopefully.

Ok... so where am I going with this. The sporechicks were the subject at hand. First off, its not "chicks" its only chick. Beth... and whoever her guy partner was. But she is a very cool, down to earth, funny, good hearted woman. She meant well when she first got into this spore business deal. The mushrooms touched her heart and she did something with it. But in case any of you have not noticed over the years, the girl has posted no knowledge what so ever. She has always just been here and danced around questions with vauge answers and made ppl laugh. She has a great sense of humor. Laughter is powerful. But she is by no means an expert grower and has obviously made some bad business choices.
I can tell you this, Beth will not rip you off intentionally. At least that is the vibe I got from her. I think she has just dug to deep of a hole to fix for now. HOpefully, she her and grower will figure it out soon and at least get caught up to all the ppl who paid for their orders and our waiting, including those back orders of ppl that have been waiting for months and months. Just make it right Beth, I know its in you. And perhaps drop that same day shipping bullshit still on the sporechicks website. She's a good person ppl, she's just bit off more then she can chew with her spore business. Its straight up hard work and requires very knowledgable and dedicated owners to run successful spore business.

I wish Sporechick the best to fix this mess, and hopefully everyone will be a little patient and give her a chance to make it right. I know she will come through eventually and make it right.

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores
www.thehawkseye.com/dbkits/dbkits.html
Dung Brothers Premium Mushroom Compost Kits

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: World Spirit]
    #418377 - 10/08/01 03:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I just got a pm from them saying my replacements were on the way if they arent contaminated that will be great ,I would strongly advise anyone getting replacements do do a test jar or two and make sure all is well with the syringes before they do a shit load of jars

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: problems with sporechicks!! [Re: Sporecloud]
    #418732 - 10/08/01 07:56 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order