Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Paintball

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTehKraken
Stranger
Telling friends off?
    #4156048 - 05/10/05 03:40 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

In the past I have had problems talking to my friends and explaining my lifestyle to them (mushrooms and such). They don't seem to want to accept the fact that I enjoy the occasional stoning or shrooming. I remember one night I got into a fight with a friend over MSN becuase I wouldn't let him bring his friends over to my place to have an alcohol party with my parents home. My parents aren't in approval of parties, especially drinking ones. So I told him off, and he said to me "God, how come you hate alcohol, yet you love drugs? Whats the matter with you?"

This pissed me off. Alcohol is a drug, I don't like alcohol cause my body can't handle it, I puke and whatnot. But see, I feel that alcohol has caused many more problems then weed and mushrooms. The only problem with this is that my friends won't accept that. They think that I am destroying my life by doing mushrooms every now and then. They won't listen to me when I said "You know, mushrooms don't destroy your body."

Thats the first part of this story. I have another friend, who seems to snap at me a lot for stupid things. I always seem to get into stupid fights with my friends over the dumbest things, I was sitting in gym a few days ago and my friend was laughing at the fact that he needed a wrist gaurd for archery, and he also had some finger strap crap thing. So he's making fun of himself and such, then I said "Heh, your just being the little girl today aren't you?", I didn't say it in a tone meant to be rude or anything, but more likely funny.

So then he turns around, and starts saying that I have no right to call him a little girl cause I went paintballing with a hockey cup, shin pads, and shoulder pads, and that I shouldn't be complaining about balls that are 1.4cm big. I found this rather sad because the arrow strings don't hurt that much compared to paintballs.

Anyways, he snapped on me for that. This angered, normally, if I had decide to let my temper slip, I probably would have said shit back to him, but I decided not to. This pissed me off for a few reasons. Since I have been friends with this one friend and the other one mentioned in my first story, they always bitch at me about how I should learn to take jokes etc. Sometimes they over do it with their jokes and I feel that they are no longer jokes. How am I supposed to react to this? Why is my one friend allowed to make fun of me, yes if I say the slightest comment I get snapped at?

Am I wrong in this case?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: Telling friends off? [Re: TehKraken]
    #4156358 - 05/10/05 08:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ya ive been to similar situations before when i started experimenting with drugs.. eventually i made new friends that approved my hobbies and most of these older friendships "dried off" for lack of better term, its actually quite sad how opinions about subtstances can divide people like that..

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4156366 - 05/10/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Get new friends.

One thing I've learned is that people don't learn very quickly.

Yes, the people you know who don't handle relationships right will PROBABLY improve in this field eventually... but it won't be within a timeframe reasonable enough for you to sit around waiting for it.

Maybe give them a call in 5-10 years and see if they've grown up yet.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: Telling friends off? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4156374 - 05/10/05 08:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Get new friends.

Yes, the people you know who don't handle relationships right will PROBABLY improve in this field eventually... but it won't be within a timeframe reasonable enough for you to sit around waiting for it.

alas, mabye the poster can grow around the friends differences. some things are better left unmentioned. my best friend knows i like a little smoke, hydrocodone, and shrooms now and then.. but it's unspoken. he likes a little whiskey, which is fine, but I usually pass. we don't use around each other and we get along fine. i've blew up at one of my brothers about drugs and shit, similar to how you did, and i just felt like prison ass about it a few weeks later.

Edited by zSDMF (05/10/05 08:17 AM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telling friends off? [Re: zSDMF]
    #4156378 - 05/10/05 08:21 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
alas, mabye the poster can grow around the friends differences.

Maybe, but is that a healthy choice?

I don't think you can have much of a serious friendship without honesty.

Not mentioning it will be a solution, but it will be a solution based on suppression instead of resolution.

His friends aren't open-minded enough to allow him to do what he wants without verbally expressing judgement of him for it. Doesn't sound like the kind of relationship I'd want to hold onto. *shrug*

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4156651 - 05/10/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Get new friends.

Great advice as usual. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #4157143 - 05/10/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Get new friends.

Right on, your friends need to be like-minded, so look around for people into weed and shrooms and strike up a convo. Having friends that don't approve of your lifestyle is not only annoying, but dangerous....there's a good chance that they may narc you out later on down the road, it's best to cut ties now.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telling friends off? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4157182 - 05/10/05 01:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
...there's a good chance that they may narc you out later on down the road

Yeah, seriously... and it'll be because they wanted to "help you"...  :rolleyes:

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #4157373 - 05/10/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with postings above. Time for new friends man, sounds like alot of unneeded drama. Friends sounds cause you drama and stress, if they do, then they are not friends, ditch them and find some that accept you for who you are, not who they want you to be.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #4158431 - 05/10/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Quote:

zSDMF said:
alas, mabye the poster can grow around the friends differences.

Maybe, but is that a healthy choice?

I don't think you can have much of a serious friendship without honesty.

Not mentioning it will be a solution, but it will be a solution based on suppression instead of resolution.

His friends aren't open-minded enough to allow him to do what he wants without verbally expressing judgement of him for it. Doesn't sound like the kind of relationship I'd want to hold onto. *shrug*

yes i definitely agree, but i'm just saying. my best bro and I have a relationship that's great. we KNOW what goes on, it's just unsaid and we don't have to get stoned together. when I was hitting DXM every weekend and smashing just as many pills frequently, he stepped in and told me I needed to back down or i'd hurt myself, and he knows me just as well as I know myself.

not a month later I was laid up in a hospital on what my parents thought would be my death bed.

i'm just saying, if they're friends u really don't wanna lose, keep some of your usage under wraps. don't supress it, i never really meant that. meh, i just hate bad blood. i tried to drop a friend over drugs(like I said) and I really felt bad about it. thing was, he was right and I was wrong(again, regarding some of my excessive usage)

im just rambling. i still think what I said was worth thinking about, but everyone else definitely has amazing advice. if I were you, i'd try and mesh both of them in it. new friends, and try not to lose your old ones.

im pretty bombed right now so meh, shine on brothaman

OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
Re: Telling friends off? [Re: zSDMF]
    #4162838 - 05/11/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yea your friends sound like the typical, immature, rowdy highschool bunch.
I used to have friends like that from age 14-16... they are long gone now. Not worth the headache

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #4167050 - 05/12/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Things will change, you will learn. They will leave, you'll meet better people.

Stick to shrooms and weed, don't ever do harddrugs.

Try to go to a shroomery gathering if you can.

:wink: :thumbup:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Paintball

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being