Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Scientologists.
    #4153977 - 05/09/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

They're advertising at us through the Google ads. Narconon is a front for the Church of Scientology.

This isn't anything important, I just thought it was funny.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Scientology [Re: Phluck]
    #4156376 - 05/10/05 08:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, particulary if you use the word scientology in your post.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Scientologists. [Re: Phluck]
    #4156479 - 05/10/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Why is that funny?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Scientology [Re: Anno]
    #4157076 - 05/10/05 12:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

block those bamas.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Scientology [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4157080 - 05/10/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

There's nothing to be blocked. THe only reason the ads say Scientology is exactly what Anno said...the main post has scientology in it. If you made a post called LAWNMOWER you'd get lawnmower ads.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: Scientology [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4157116 - 05/10/05 01:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it's an anti-drug ad though, would you like to see dare put up ads here too?

they have the power to block individual ads, for example if one competes with one of the vendors here, so they could just block those spreaders of mis-information out and be done with the whole thing in 2 seconds.

--------------------

Trip Report

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#4157126 - 05/10/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

D.A.R.E. Drug Abuse Resistance Education

testing 1....2....3....

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4157175 - 05/10/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Smallworlds said:
it's an anti-drug ad though, would you like to see dare put up ads here too?

they have the power to block individual ads, for example if one competes with one of the vendors here, so they could just block those spreaders of mis-information out and be done with the whole thing in 2 seconds.

I don't care if DARE advertises here. They're not going to get any sort of benefit from anyone here...it would just be pointless and funny.

I don't know how the google ads thing works but I'm pretty sure it's automated and they don't control it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#4157199 - 05/10/05 01:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

no dare ads

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: Scientology [Re: Jim]
    #4157256 - 05/10/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

good

--------------------

Trip Report

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4159673 - 05/10/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

admins have said before that they can block certain specific ads from showing up, so they could certainly block those narcon fools.

i doubt they need to though...this is a site for hard-core drug fiends. i dont think the link 'll generate much business for 'em...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: Scientology [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4160696 - 05/11/05 05:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

L. Ron Hubbard
Information about the founder of Scientology and Dianetics.

Bulletin Board
Create Or Join Discussion Groups & Forums. Try Google Groups Beta!

Ads by Goooooogle

--------------------

Trip Report

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #4160731 - 05/11/05 05:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

that scientology crap is crazy.......almost like a cult.

--------------------
:awesome:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Scientologists. [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #4161664 - 05/11/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

> almost like a cult.

Almost? It is a cult, pure and simple. It used to be on the cult watch lists until the members continually sued the cult watch lists (which were non-profit) until they no longer had enough money to support the sites... at which point the cult bought up the rights to the domains and took their name off the lists.

Be very wary of $cientology.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Re: Scientologists. [Re: Seuss]
    #4161691 - 05/11/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> almost like a cult.

Almost?  It is a cult, pure and simple.  It used to be on the cult watch lists until the members continually sued the cult watch lists (which were non-profit) until they no longer had enough money to support the sites... at which point the cult bought up the rights to the domains and took their name off the lists.

Be very wary of $cientology.

Careful, we might get sued :wink: Or Travolta could fly up there and kick your ass, Scientology style.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4162209 - 05/11/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Then again, the cult watch lists are usually run by Christian groups of one kind or another.

...and there are a bunch of "religious tolerance" websites made by the Church of Scientology that are really used to attack people who speak out against them more than anything.

But yeah, Scientologists have no qualms about using slimy, underhanded techniques to try and shut down any kind of speech against them.

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Edited by Phluck (05/11/05 04:40 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4165327 - 05/12/05 07:06 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

*laugh* Leave it to the Onion. http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4119&n=0&ref=myy

LOS ANGELES?According to a report released Monday by the American Institute of Religions, the Church of Scientology, once one of the fastest-growing religious organizations in the U.S., is steadily losing members to the much newer religion Fictionology.

"Unlike Scientology, which is based on empirically verifiable scientific tenets, Fictionology's central principles are essentially fairy tales with no connection to reality," the AIR report read. "In short, Fictionology offers its followers a mythical belief system free from the cumbersome scientific method to which Scientology is hidebound."

Created in 2003 by self-proclaimed messiah Bud Don Ellroy, Fictionology's principles were first outlined in the self-help paperback Imaginetics: The New Pipe-Dream Of Modern Mental Make-Believe.

Fictionology's central belief, that any imaginary construct can be incorporated into the church's ever-growing set of official doctrines, continues to gain popularity. Believers in Santa Claus, his elves, or the Tooth Fairy are permitted?even encouraged?to view them as deities. Even corporate mascots like the Kool-Aid Man are valid objects of Fictionological worship.

"My personal savior is Batman," said Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Greg Jurgenson. "My wife chooses to follow the teachings of the Gilmore Girls. Of course, we are still beginners. Some advanced-level Fictionologists have total knowledge of every lifetime they have ever lived for the last 80 trillion years."

"Sure, it's total bullshit," Jurgenson added. "But that's Fictionology. Praise Batman!"

While the Church of Fictionology acknowledges that its purported worldwide membership of 450 billion is an invented number, the AIR report estimates that as many as 70 percent of the church's followers are former Scientologists.

Church of Scientology public-relations spokesman Al Kurz said he was "shocked" when he learned that Fictionology is approaching the popularity of his religion.

"Scientology is rooted in strict scientific principles, such as the measurement of engrams in the brain by the E-Meter," Kurz said. "Scientology uses strictly scientific methodologies to undo the damage done 75 million years ago by the Galactic Confederation's evil warlord Xenu?we offer our preclear followers procedures to erase overts in the reactive mind. Conversely, Fictionology is essentially just a bunch of make-believe nonsense."

Hollywood actor David McSavage, who converted to Fictionology last year, attempted to explain.

"Scientology can only offer data, such as how an Operating Thetan can control matter, energy, space, and time with pure thought alone," McSavage said. "But truly spiritual people don't care about data, especially those seeking an escape from very real physical, mental, or emotional problems."

McSavage added, "As a Fictionologist, I live in a world of pretend. It's liberating."

A tax-exempt organization, the Church of Fictionology stands poised to become a great moneymaking power if it continues to grow at its current rate?a situation Kurz called "outrageous."

"In recruiting new members, Fictionology preys on the gullible with fanciful stories and simple-minded solutions," Kurz said. "Fictionology is depriving legitimate churches of the revenue they need to carry out charitable works worldwide?important charitable works like clearing the planet of body-thetan implants."

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4165397 - 05/12/05 08:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4167419 - 05/12/05 06:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hehe this is such quality, I love a religion based on an evil overlord who wanted to do some population control in his planets:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/leaflet/xenuleaf.htm

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: Scientologists. [Re: Thor]
    #4167471 - 05/12/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:
Hehe this is such quality, I love a religion based on an evil overlord who wanted to do some population control in his planets:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/leaflet/xenuleaf.htm

hahah thats fucked up I love it

--------------------
:awesome:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback